Diablo® III

Wizard Legendaries I'd Love in Loot 2.0

View profile
Blizzard mentioned in their presentation that they are making Legendary items "build changing" and showed some examples of how they make a skill work in a unique way.

With that idea in mind, I came up with some of my own.

Precision Impact - Legendary Source
If meteor strikes one or two targets, return 30 arcane power.

Archon Acholyte - Legendary Chest
Disintegrate deals 85% more damage

Annihilation - Legendary Source
Disintegrate has no casting cost

Mirror Universe - Legendary Bracers
Mimics are cast at a location and they draw monsters to that location

Illusion Assault - Legendary Bracers
When below 40% life, attacks performed by mimics do the same damage as your attacks.

Fulminating Strike - Legendary Bracers
Electrocute damage increased to 325% with a 15 arcane chanelling cost

Force Effect - Legendary Gloves
Wave of Force reflects ground effects (arcane, poison, desecrator, frozen) rather than monsters

Master of Illusions - Legendary Shoulders
Teleport has no cooldown

Time Bridge - Legendary Shoulders
Teleport has no casting cost. Triple your arcane regeneration for 3 seconds after casting teleport.

Death Decry - Legendary Amulet
When below 30% life, Teleport has no cooldown or casting cost. Teleport can now escape frozen.

Arctic Winter - Legendary Boots
Adds 8% to cold damage
Ice Armor has a permanent Frozen Storm

Arcane Rot - Legendary Source
Magic Missile damage causes a monster to take double damage from arcane for 5 seconds.

The Elemental - Legendary Wizard Hat
Each of your elements that hits a monster increases the damage you deal to that monster by 75%

Time Elemental - Legendary Source
Each of your elements that hits a monster reduces their movement speed and attack speed by 20%.

Synergy - Legendary Pants
The same element from a different one of your sources increases the damage you deal to that monster by 75%.

Snowfall - Legendary Chest
Blizzard's radius increased to 50 yards with unlimited duration. You can only have one Blizzard active at a time.

Lonely Storm - Legendary Gloves
If Blizzard strikes two or fewer monsters, restore all your arcane.

Rift - Legendary Amulet
Arcane Orb instead originates at the target and moves to the caster. All monsters hit by the orb are vortexed to the caster.

Arcane Volley - Legendary Amulet
When Arcane Orb strikes a target, it fractures and strikes three additional targets within 12 yards. Each fracture doubles the damage and may repeat up to three times.

Bubble Bunker - Legendary Amulet
Once entered monsters cannot leave Time Warp. Monsters can only be damaged from skills that originate in the bubble. Time Warp's duration increased to 20 seconds.

Wave of Reckoning - Legendary Amulet
The next element that strikes a monster after being struck by Wave of Force increases the damage done by that element to the monster by 75%. Wave of Force no longer knocks back.

Cold Death - Legendary Ring
Ray of Frost instantly kills monsters at 15% or less of their life. Does not apply to Sleet Storm

Cold Lock - Legendary Ring
Ray of Frost locks onto a target. You can move or cast other spells while maintaining the lock.

Impact Crater - Legendary Wizard Helm
Meteor has no delay and strikes twice as fast

Missile Launcher - Legendary Ring
Doubles the number of attacks by magic missile.

Ice Crush - Legendary Pants
Blizzard can now stack.

Magic Mirror - Legendary Gloves
Magic Missile damage affects all monsters of the same type within 50 yards.

Magnifying Mirror - Legendary Source
Mimics can cast all spells. Every spell that damages a monster increases damage from that spell to that monster by 50%.

The Barricade - Legendary Shoulders
Damage dealt to you by chilled monsters is reduced by 30% while Ice Armor is active.

Spectral Echo - Legendary Bracers
Spectral Blade will continue to attack a single monster until it is dead. You can only have one Spectral Echo at a time.

The Rip - Legendary Ring
A time rip divides Time Warp's bubble in half. Once the rip is crossed by a monster, the bubble explodes dealing 1000% weapon damage to all monsters in the bubble. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.

Frozen Ground - Legendary Amulet
Ice Armor creates a small area around the caster. Ground effects deal 35% less damage in this area.

Defender - Legendary Amulet
Familiar will protect the back 180% of the caster. Ranged or melee attacks in this area are reduced by 80%.

Eye of the Storm - Legendary Chest
Blizzard damage in the center 8 yards is increased to 1500% over 6 seconds.

Nova Ray - Legendary Ring
Ray of Frost creates a Frost Nova on initial impact that chills monsters in a 12 yard radius and deals 578% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

Dissolve - Legendary Ring
The first target struck by disintegrate takes double damage.

Static Field - Legendary Amulet
Lightning skills have a chance to reduce a monster to half health.

Force of Will - Legendary Amulet
Each time a monster is struck by a Magic Missile, gain 1 AP/sec while that monster is still alive.

Non wizard legendaries:

The Angerer - Legendary Helm
Reduces damage by 15%
Every 3 seconds will evoke anger in monsters in a 20 yard radius, causing them to attack the wearer

Echoing Peace - Legendary Amulet
Monsters can not be feared or knocked back (this is a joke.)
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 8/31/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
keep 'em comin, love it :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Added a few more
Reply Quote
View profile
Added some more
Reply Quote
View profile
these all sound amazing,
imo one thing blizzard has to retain tho is the ability for any new legendaries to have the same dmg potential as regular gear.
d2 could get away with not doing that cause gear adding to skill pts could make up for weak dmg rolls
b/c of the way dmg is done in calculated in d3 its very impt for items like magefists and frostburns or whatever to have the ability to roll some or all of the trifecta dmg rolls otherwise its almost impossible to make niche items work in higher mp builds
Reply Quote
View profile
these all sound amazing,
imo one thing blizzard has to retain tho is the ability for any new legendaries to have the same dmg potential as regular gear.
d2 could get away with not doing that cause gear adding to skill pts could make up for weak dmg rolls
b/c of the way dmg is done in calculated in d3 its very impt for items like magefists and frostburns or whatever to have the ability to roll some or all of the trifecta dmg rolls otherwise its almost impossible to make niche items work in higher mp builds

Ya I originally was filling in the default stats that sort of had to be on the items (APOC on wizard hats, potential for trifecta on gloves, etc.) but that got tedious.

I think items would be ok if they lose one possible roll perhaps, but any more than that and ya, you get frostburns (well the D3 version.)
Reply Quote
View profile
I thought it was sort of sad that all my wave of force ideas had to remove what the actual skill does. Hopefully Blizzard realizes this and reworks that skill from the ground up.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would like to see one that increase projectile speed and reduces meteor delay time.

Another cool one would be a legendary that makes arcane orb shoot out some MM seekers on impact.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would like to see one that increase projectile speed and reduces meteor delay time.

Another cool one would be a legendary that makes arcane orb shoot out some MM seekers on impact.

Great ideas - added some like that.
Reply Quote
are these real?
Reply Quote
View profile
08/29/2013 09:01 AMPosted by yodatoy
are these real?

Oh no, I'm making them up. From the presentation, it sounded like this was how Blizzard was trying to make legendaries "build changing", so I went with that idea and threw out a bunch of my own.

Who knows, maybe they might use an idea or two (or all of them ;)

Edited the original post to clarify.
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 8/29/2013 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Missile Launcher-

Doubles the number of attacks per second for the magic missile skill.
Reply Quote
View profile
Missile Launcher-

Doubles the number of attacks per second for the magic missile skill.

Would that be enough to make you use the skill at its current damage? I suppose hooked into one of the other legendaries it certainly would be useful.
Reply Quote
Would that be enough to make you use the skill at its current damage? I suppose hooked into one of the other legendaries it certainly would be useful.

I just want to equip m IAS gear, get to 3.53 APS unbuffed and spam stuff across the screen in pub games.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/29/2013 09:27 AMPosted by BDF

I just want to equip m IAS gear, get to 3.53 APS unbuffed and spam stuff across the screen in pub games.

cool - I added it. Would certainly be a fun skill if nothing else.
Reply Quote
View profile
Added a few more - I can't imagine how many cool ideas you could come up with if you had a year (like Blizzard.)
Reply Quote
View profile
Added some more (new ones I'm putting at the bottom.)
Reply Quote
most of GUnner's post were too OP i don't think it would ever be considered
Reply Quote
View profile
08/31/2013 08:19 PMPosted by yems
most of GUnner's post were too OP i don't think it would ever be considered

Well on many of the useless skills, I was simply thinking of ideas that would make me use them. But be specific, which one(s) are overpowered? I don't personally think any of them are, but obviously you could tweak them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]