Diablo® III

Game Crash

Hi I've played the game for quite a bit, but after my last two deaths in hardcore as a cm/ww wizard, I decided I need to look into my game crashes.

The last two have both occurred as I teleported. Both times it was the second teleport of wormhole and my game would stop responding.

What other information do you guys require (and is there anything I can do to fix this problem on my end)?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'd recommend first by deleting all of the D3 files, restarting, then try installing again.

Then see if it happens again.

It sounds to me like a game file is corrupt and this should fix that issue.

Maybe try softcore as a test. I imagine a group in softcore could lvl you faster than solo hardcore.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I wouldn't go the uninstall/reinstall route if you can avoid it. That'll involve even more time than the instructions that I'm about to give you for removing corruption in Diablo 3. Follow these instructions and any corruption you have should be gone.

Note: If you are using the Battle.net Desktop Application, substitute that in place of the Diablo III Launcher. All other instructions remain unchanged. The Battle.net Desktop Application will show that the game is "playable" and the PLAY button lights up before the download is finished. Do not click play until all downloads are finished and the progress bar shows all actions are complete (i.e. there should be no progress bar on the screen when you click PLAY).

Delete the following files/folders:

/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.db
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net.temp (if present)
/Diablo 3/Diablo 3.mfil
/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache

Once done deleting those files, make sure all permissions are set properly in Diablo 3's main folder by doing the following:

1) Get Info (in the Finder) on the Diablo 3 folder.

2) Click the padlock icon and enter your password to authenticate yourself.

3) For the Everyone group, set it to Read and Write.

4) Click the cogwheel icon and select Apply to enclosed items. Select OK to confirm your action.

5) Close the Get Info Window.

6) Repeat steps #1-5 on the /Users/Shared/Battle.net folder.

Now run the Diablo 3 Launcher. Let Diablo 3 rebuild its cache. It can take between 15-60 minutes depending on the computer and drive being used. Do not click Play until the Launcher window shows the message "Game is up to date", indicating that Diablo 3 has fully patched and/or rebuilt its cache.

Caution: This cookie bites back.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 9/3/2013 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So I went ahead and updated those files/deleted them. I'm curious though: my crashes were intermittent on the wormhole teleporting thing. Is it possible that they were corrupted even though they only occasionally crashed?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
So I went ahead and updated those files/deleted them. I'm curious though: my crashes were intermittent on the wormhole teleporting thing. Is it possible that they were corrupted even though they only occasionally crashed?

If the crashes were occuring with the same spell in use, the likelihood is that you did indeed have a corrupt file or files. At least this ensures that you are corruption free so as to eliminate one very potent variable from the troubleshooting equation. :)

And it's quicker than reinstalling the game.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 04:25 AMPosted by TheTias

If the crashes were occuring with the same spell in use, the likelihood is that you did indeed have a corrupt file or files. At least this ensures that you are corruption free so as to eliminate one very potent variable from the troubleshooting equation. :)

And it's quicker than reinstalling the game.

Ok thanks, I'll let you know if I have a similar crash in the future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]