Diablo® III

CM Wiz Gear check/Advice appreciated!

I came back about a week ago, cause i am burnt out of League of Legends(not quitting that game, just taking a break), so i am still playing a bit of catch up here.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/bufforz-1257/Bufforz/900583

I was finding myself able to solo MP10, but it isnt very efficient. I have been toying with MP6-8, but i would still like to find some improvements. I have recently noticed solo farming higher MP'S has been increasingly difficult, and im not exactly sure why

Gear advice would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to improve my DPS, and maybe drop Glass Cannon since i feel like it might actually be hurting me more than it helps me(Oh yes i also noticed this morning my critical hit damage is a bit low). I feel like my survivability is a bit on the lower side, and i'd like to fix that. And obviously doing more damage, since it seems to matter for grouping purposes. And i also dont want to die in group runs and look like dead weight :)

Also, is Force Weapon>Blood Magic? And Pinpoint Barrier>Prismatic Armor?

Any/all help is appreciated! I really want to improve my wizard as fast as possible. I have been shifting back and forth between archon/CM and although i like archon, i think it might be easier to stick with CM(i have found myself struggling with archon anyway, and less so with this)
Reply Quote
I haven't played the variation of the build you're using. So I am not sure how it plays. But I found, for myself at least that using Deep Freeze made a big difference. And positioning. What exactly is giving you trouble?
Reply Quote
First of all, I would drop Glass Cannon. The defensive stat you are suffering from the most is armor. Glass Cannon makes that worse. Recommended AR:Armor ratio is 700AR/4000Armor. Your AR isn't too far off but your armor is.

You are also using Diamond Shards. The tiny bit of eDPS helps, but it shouldn't be at the detriment of your survival if you feel like you are a dead weight. Switch back to Crystal Shell since surviving whilst doing 10% less damage is better than that extra bit of DPS but not being able to actually utilise it because you're dead.

What is your budget? You have some pretty decent items so you shouldn't be too poor. Get more armor wherever you can. Your amulet can be upgraded with armor or Str and your Tal's chest can do with an armor roll to replace that cold resistance.

Oh damn... just notice one more thing.. you're at 2.722APS. The breakpoint is 2.73. The weak link is your Litany with only 6IAS. Either replace that or your Tal's chest with armor and 9IAS.

I would concentrate on improving defence before even thinking about increasing your DPS.
Reply Quote
First of all, I would drop Glass Cannon. The defensive stat you are suffering from the most is armor. Glass Cannon makes that worse. Recommended AR:Armor ratio is 700AR/4000Armor. Your AR isn't too far off but your armor is.

You are also using Diamond Shards. The tiny bit of eDPS helps, but it shouldn't be at the detriment of your survival if you feel like you are a dead weight. Switch back to Crystal Shell since surviving whilst doing 10% less damage is better than that extra bit of DPS but not being able to actually utilise it because you're dead.

What is your budget? You have some pretty decent items so you shouldn't be too poor. Get more armor wherever you can. Your amulet can be upgraded with armor or Str and your Tal's chest can do with an armor roll to replace that cold resistance.

Oh damn... just notice one more thing.. you're at 2.722APS. The breakpoint is 2.73. The weak link is your Litany with only 6IAS. Either replace that or your Tal's chest with armor and 9IAS.

I would concentrate on improving defence before even thinking about increasing your DPS.

I actually didnt notice i was that close to the 2.73 BP. I can fix that later tonight when i have free time.

If i actually upgrade my litany to add 1% IAS to hit the 2.73 BP, and upgrade my tals chest, i would be around 700AR/4000Armor. This is after taking off Glass Cannon.

Do i keep Pinpoint Barrier or should i roll with Prismatic Armor on Energy Armor? The tradeoff is about 10k DPS or 4.4% reduction to damage through the All Res bonus.

If i get a mempo, and roll with a %life gem, could i try and focus on improving my DPS after?
Reply Quote
If you can reach 700AR/4000Armor, I would drop Pinpoint Barrier and use Shocking Aspect. It won't show in your sheet DPS, but it contributes to about 20~30% (something like that) of your overall DPS if you have high enough CC.

Crystal Shell will keep you alive better than you think. You have pretty low HP so that's also something you need to work on. Crystal Shell gives you 21k HP per cast. That's like adding another 60% HP so your EHP sky rockets. The aim however, is to get your HP high enough so you can switch Crystal Shell back to Diamond Shards for that extra bit of damage.

If you go Mempo, you will only have 9 APoC from your wand. The balance is an APoC Chanto's Force... but that is pretty expensive. I would suggest keep the Storm Crow and get a Int/Vit Force to boost your HP instead. It'll cost way less than a CC Mempo.
Reply Quote
Dont go Mempo unless you're filthy rich. 9/4 mempos dont cut it. So consider mempo when you can afford 9/5.5+.
Reply Quote
I am still tinkering around with my gear. I am farming trash on MP10 slowly. I dont seem to be dying as much. I havent done much farming with shocking aspect much yet.

Where can i find my biggest DPS upgrades? How much more can i improve my main hand/off hand to squeeze in some DPS there?

The advice is already giving me awesome results, i think my survivability is getting better, i just need a little more life, and more armor/all res wont hurt. But i'd like to get my damage up somehow
Reply Quote
I was looking at Echoing Fury/Triumvirate instead of chantodo's set, is there a significant difference?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]