Diablo® III

Just started playing again - CM Wizard

My gear is all from the Gold AH. I followed some youtube guides and am generally tearing things up even at MP4.

Any advice for gear?
Reply Quote
Get a crit Stormcrow, they are like 500K.
Reply Quote
Drop the blackthornes belt for a witching hour with either high vit or maybe a little vit and some ar...drop that ar on your stormcrow for crit chance, you also want to drop that tals chest for a zunimassa chest if you are going to use zunimassa boots, otherwise go with some ice climbers or natalyas boots/ring for the cc set bonus. You can get a chantodos wand with a socket with similar dmg for a couple mil at most. You mainly need to get your crit chance up big time. Attack speed and crit chance is what keeps us going. If you do that you can be doing mp6 easily. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
You're on the right path with some of your gear....but you can do bettter.

I'd start with a Witching Hour...depending on your budget....if doens't even have to be a good one. Just make sure that it has 60 AR. Even one with 8 IAS will get you do the 2.73 breakpoint...and your freeze will be better and your LoH will be better.

I'd also suggest new BT pants. Something will ALOT of VIT...like 200. On top of that, some sort of AR or Armor as well.

Zuni Boots aren't doing you anything unless you have Zuni Chest or Zuni Pox for the set bonus. I'd go for Ice Climbers at least...since they have AR...and find ones that have Armor as well. You coudl also try a Nats Set....boots with INT (and VIT) and a ring with INT and VIT. The boots have both high AR and Armor and the set with the ring gives you 7 CC. As a note, you really don't need LoH on either of your rings - you get enough from your pants and helm.

That's good for starters. Check out my guide, linked below, for more help!

Cheers,

...pie
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot guys, very helpful.

I do have the Zuni chest, I bought the Tal Rasha one for a song and was trying it out.

I'll look into all your suggestions when I get home tonight. I still have about 25 mil in the bank, I think. Need to start making more money soon hehe.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/27/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Marwynn
do have the Zuni chest, I bought the Tal Rasha one for a song and was trying it out.

I wasn't necessarily advocating the zuni chest. If you add a Witching Hour, that will get you to the 2.73 breakpoint. however, if you then switch to Zuni chest, you will lose IAS and drop below the 2.73 breakpoint. Zuni chest however should have alot of armor and VIT and INT and AR to make it worthwhile...and the INT set bonus is nice. BUT...you'll have to add IAS elsewhere (haha!)....like perhaps an IAS Chant Will (1.72 AS or better....actually, do the math yourself to double check for sure) to get you above 2.73....but you'll likely lose alot of DPS.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...trading DPS for EHP.

Its all a big puzzle....how one thing affects the next one.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 8/27/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I got the Ice Climbers and a new pair of BT pants. My HP is at 42K now, and I'm at 2.77 and am loving it.

My crit is at 51% now thanks to the new Storm Crow.

Still need to boost my defenses though, any further thoughts? This has been quite helpful!
Reply Quote
* GEAR:
You might want to aim for over 4,000 Armour, and over 750 All Resist, as a base point.
That along with your current 40k+ Life should keep you alive pretty well.

Also aim for 55% cc, would definitely give you that added boost to locking down mobs.

* * SKILLS:
Diamond Shards rune on Diamond Skin = more dps (just doesn't appear on your inventory dps).
Safe Passage for Teleport is also handy for teleporting into mobs clearing them easier.
Cold Snap for Frost Nova is isn't the worst option if you can't hold freeze on elites, but Bone Chill is great for party play (everyone nets the benefit of the +15% damage to frozen targets).

* * * REMINDER:
All the advice everyone else mentioned is good stuff, just keep in mind one thing...

Don't underestimate:

- 10 Arcane Power on Crit (for SC and Chant's) vs 9. May seem insignificant and cheaper but it can make the difference between not having enough AP to cast a spell, which in turn means 1 more twister on the field critting for you. 20 vs 18 Total APoC is ~11% more Arcane Power you'll be regenerating on critical hits.
Reply Quote
If Marwynn is playing on MP4, 750AR, 4k armor and 55 CC is complete overkill. That isn't to say it's not worthwhile to get, eventually, but if you're on 100k DPS and 300k EHP you can tank MP10, sure, but you're not going to have a lot of fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]