Diablo® III

what should my build be like?

just hit 60 yesterday

please suggest what skills i should be using and such!

also on the basis of knowing that i have found all my gear and not used ah once, can you comment on my gear, like how good is it at this point knowing i haven't used the ah please!

also when i plan to sell my axe, what would you reccomend i sell it for?
Edited by Sapphire#1972 on 9/2/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Sapphire
please suggest what skills i should be using and such!

Do you ask others to tell you which ice cream to eat? :)

I think you should read through the build compendium, maybe watch some gameplay videos, then explore builds you like, but just realize that builds are tied to gear. Some builds have stricter gear requirements than others.
Reply Quote
Not to sound derisive at all, but you should assume most of your gear is junk. You might get some gold for people that are trying to buy gear for power-leveling, but most people are looking for lvl 60 gear with reduced level requirements (if anything at all). Realize that you're at the very beginning of your D3 career with level 60, so you'll be seeing some radical upgrades coming your way. If you have some gold, I'd recommend buying some gear off the AH. Starter gear for lvl 60 characters is VERY cheap, and you probably picked up enough gold to buy some good pieces.

I would strongly echo jenpeezey's suggestions. Read up on builds you want to try! The most popular builds are Archon and CM/WW wizards.
Reply Quote
I know is based on gear that's why I was asking and also check my character I just got some new stuff so based on my gear what would you suggest
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Sapphire
I know is based on gear that's why I was asking and also check my character I just got some new stuff so based on my gear what would you suggest

Honestly? Replace all of it.
Reply Quote
i know i need better stuf, all im asking is based on my gear what build is vaible, i dont know why its so hard to help intead of telling me everything i know already
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Sapphire
i dont know why its so hard to help intead of telling me everything i know already

There is a difference between helping and spoonfeeding.

Your gear doesn't lend itself to much. It looks like you want to use Ray of Frost for something, but you have no APOC items, which means you have to use a primary while waiting for AP to regenerate. You also have very low crit chance.

You have to understand builds you want to use then get the gear. What build is viable for your current gearset at 40k dps, no movespeed? Not much.
Reply Quote
alright thanks, sorry if i seamed off putish, i read the guides and stuff its just i have reallly no clue on what to do with my skill untill i get better gear
Reply Quote
It comes down to what build you want to play. Once you've made your decision, research what the stat requirements are and what gear it comes on. Most of the builds in the compendium are just a huge information dump.. if you have time to read through them properly, they are all spoon feeding you everything.

As everyone else has mentioned, just look those up first. It's difficult to suggest any builds based on gear that do not resemble any build requirement.

The two most common and viable builds in 1.08 are Archon and CM/WW. Archon is optic blast everything with high DPS where as CM/WW is permafreeze everything. Others like Meteor and Sleet Storm are not as user friendly and have stricter gear requirements.

I have a budget CM/WW guide that isn't really spoon feeding, it's more like me shovelling food into your mouth and using a vice to help chomp everything down..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628662863

If you don't understand that, you will have trouble reading through anything else.
Reply Quote
We're telling you to replace all your gear because you have to gear towards a build. Your current set doesn't resemble any build, you have the opportunity to start fresh and build towards whatever you like.
Reply Quote
alright cool, thanks im checking out the link now, one last question though, is archon or cm/ww viable for bosses? becuase there dosent really seam to be any single target dmg skils in place, at least for the cm/ww as i haven looked at archon yet
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Sapphire
alright cool, thanks im checking out the link now, one last question though, is archon or cm/ww viable for bosses? becuase there dosent really seam to be any single target dmg skils in place, at least for the cm/ww as i haven looked at archon yet

I would consider CM/WW to be superior for ubers, and archon superior for farming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]