Diablo® III

Ill be sad when they nerf the barb.

my journey from lvl 1-100 was an awesome experience filled with bashing and smashing to whirl wind dancing. I will be sad when they nerf the barb. I wish I could keep my wrath of the beserker. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?
Reply Quote
View profile
I doubt anyones gonna be glad to see it go, but, I for one, will be looking forward to using another skill and trying new things. They will buff something else to compensate I'm sure.

~~~~~~~~Visit the sticky for helpful information regarding barbs!~~~~~~~~
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848?page=1
Reply Quote
Us barbs alway's find away.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 02:01 AMPosted by Razeal
my journey from lvl 1-100 was an awesome experience filled with bashing and smashing to whirl wind dancing. I will be sad when they nerf the barb. I wish I could keep my wrath of the beserker. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Tell me about it. There is no greater fun for me WW/Rending my through my enemies watching them Bleed to Death while blasting Death Metal music the whole time , and yet, it will soon come to an end and I will be forced to roll something else.

However, apparently it's game breaking that a Barb is immune to CC because most of these WoW idiots have the logic of "Why put CC into a game when a Hero is immune to them?" I feel it also has to do with "Why can't my Hero/Class out farm this class?" This here is complete biased talk end of story, and for the record, even if the Barbarians were to be the slowest, got news for ya, I would still Roll my Barbarian.

But, it does not matter, I refuse to write a novel as to why it's foolish to nerf a class because what I say is about as worthless as dirt.

I feel that all classes should have something to the nature of what the Barbarian has, I mean that is what D3 is about right? To be Overpowering?

09/04/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Shadow
Us barbs alway's find away.

And this. +1
Edited by Ghost#11709 on 9/4/2013 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Ghost
"even if the Barbarians were to be the slowest, got news for ya, I would still Roll my Barbarian."
"it will soon come to an end and I will be forced to roll something else."
You just contradicted yourself saying you would roll a barb whether or not it was WOTB is nerfed.

I know for a fact that WOTB is OP. I came from a witch doctor at the time that had gear that could only do MP5 at max before I started to roll a barb and I did mp 5 for a fraction of the cost.

My barb can now do MP10 effectively and I didn't even spend 1B gold on my items but as RagingKoala said, I'm sure there where be a skill that will be heavily boosted to compensate for the loss.
Reply Quote
I know for a fact that WOTB is OP. I came from a witch doctor at the time that had gear that could only do MP5 at max before I started to roll a barb and I did mp 5 for a fraction of the cost.

My barb can now do MP10 effectively and I didn't even spend 1B gold on my items but as RagingKoala said, I'm sure there where be a skill that will be heavily boosted to compensate for the loss.

Of course it is, and I don't deny that either.

And yes, you're absolutely correct It literally indeed cost more to build a Monk and DH let alone a WD.

I also found out not too long ago that WD or DH has prob the highest DPS, this being said, it would not matter to me even if I did have the gold to build a WD I would still play my Barbarian.

My point being that everyone should enjoy their Class/Hero just as much as I enjoy mine, period.
Edited by Ghost#11709 on 9/4/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Where can I find all the class changes being made? I tried searching but having some difficult.

I really enjoy the WW spec and I didn't know it was being removed from the class. :(
Reply Quote
Where can I find all the class changes being made? I tried searching but having some difficult.

I really enjoy the WW spec and I didn't know it was being removed from the class. :(

Ummm, I don't think it is being completely removed but it is definitely not going to be anywhere near effective as is it now. Sorry for making you feel that it's utterly going to be removed from the game entirely, did not mean for it to sound that way.
Reply Quote
Not a problem, least that's a relief to hear.

thank you for the update.
Reply Quote
Permawrath is out of whack and IMO it actually does take a lot of fun out of the game. I've never been able to do the ww/rend thing for long because its just insufferably boring to me. Most of my paragon levels came from key hunting, essence hunting and ubers.

There's a fine line between an end-game character feeling "game breaking" (which it should) and it removing pretty much any need for skill which perma wotb crosses. I actually often find it more fun to play other classes where I actually have worry about positioning myself to avoid being frozen, avoiding getting knocked back, etc. All of that makes things entertaining and keeps my juices flowing.

The barb class needs a good answer to crowd control. If wrath got removed completely, we'd be screwed, but in its current state, it allows you to play in a way such that many affixes are completely inconsequential and don't even affect your gameplay...which is definitely a problem. The devs will need to come up with a balanced answer that allows us to face frozen, knockback, etc packs without being able to completely ignore the existence of their affixes while still not feeling helpless against them.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 9/4/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a poor HOTA barb who can't easily maintain perma-wrath, and as a 2hand barb since release who beat Inferno with a 2hander pre-nerf within the first month of release, all I can say is learn to play. It's not hard to dodge frozen orbs at all. You will all manage to get the hang of it, but I think the insufferable WW barbs will cry the most because you won't be able to just wave your mouse around to victory. HOTA/Rend barbs will have a much easier time adjusting since they are used to having to position and re-position constantly.
Reply Quote
There's no need to knock players with different playstyle preferences from you. A lot of people love ww/sprint to death. Some of us don't. That doesn't make either group weaker players. That said, having to reposition constantly is something I love doing. Whether its stutterstupping to keep my brawler buff active on my barb, or doing so on my wizard to dodge frozen orbs, its something that keeps me on my toes in a way that pure ww builds have never been able to.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 11:27 AMPosted by sfxer
As a poor HOTA barb who can't easily maintain perma-wrath, and as a 2hand barb since release who beat Inferno with a 2hander pre-nerf within the first month of release, all I can say is learn to play. It's not hard to dodge frozen orbs at all. You will all manage to get the hang of it, but I think the insufferable WW barbs will cry the most because you won't be able to just wave your mouse around to victory. HOTA/Rend barbs will have a much easier time adjusting since they are used to having to position and re-position constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAgRBq2jnz4

09/04/2013 11:39 AMPosted by silverfire
There's no need to knock players with different playstyle preferences from you. A lot of people love ww/sprint to death. Some of us don't. That doesn't make either group weaker players. That said, having to reposition constantly is something I love doing. Whether its stutterstupping to keep my brawler buff active on my barb, or doing so on my wizard to dodge frozen orbs, its something that keeps me on my toes in a way that pure ww builds have never been able to.

This... However, can't really give you a +1 considering you're in fact one's who cry "Why would you create a class that can ignore CC and such" but hey, each to their own I guess...

Edit: Just a little FYI for some of you. CM Wizard should only have one problem in the first place, and thats stuff like Plauge, Molten etc... Frozen Orbs EZPZ. L2 Teleport?
Their is absolute no reason to not use teleport assuming you don't have the DPS to just burn them down.
Edited by Ghost#11709 on 9/4/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This... However, can't really give you a +1 considering you're in fact one's who cry "Why would you create a class that can ignore CC and such" but hey, each to their own I guess...

Edit: Just a little FYI for some of you. CM Wizard should only have one problem in the first place, and thats stuff like Plauge, Molten etc... Frozen Orbs EZPZ. L2 Teleport?
Their is absolute no reason to not use teleport assuming you don't have the DPS to just burn them down.

a) I'm not crying for or about anything
b) I've got nearly 900 hours on barb, far more than I do on any other class, and the vast majority of those were in perma wotb

The distinction between wotb and stuff like teleport, vault, spirit walk, etc is that you actually have to DO something for those. You have to cast something. You have to look at a pack, notice its frozen, and think, oh crap, I have to get out of here. With barb, the flow of your game doesn't get interrupted in any way by a frozen pack. I find that both to be an issue and make the game more monotonous.

In fact, even if you don't notice its a frozen pack, it doesn't affect you. This was a problem for me at first when trying to adjust to wizard. I had trouble remembering that there was such a thing as frozen and that I had to watch out for it. I'd tend to rush in face first, and get myself frozen and sliced to death by arcanes until I learned to look at elite affixes and planning around them before attacking. It's not that hard, its just a tiny thing that can make the game more rewarding.

FWIW, if you don't know me, I've got both a very long history of posting on these forums, and I've got an equally long history of criticizing both double tornado and perma-wrath, despite using both and teaching others how to all the time. Objectively speaking, there are issues with it beyond other classes just qq'ing. Issues that actually cause it to hurt the gameplay experience more than it helps in some ways if you step back and look at it objectively.

Also, I'm unconcerned about any nerfs. I don't think blizzard is going to weaken the barbarian class much, even if they wanted to. (which they ultimately don't anyways most likely)
Reply Quote
The funny thing about these rumoured Barbarian nerfs is that guys like Lorenze, Keik, and many others were around to prevent the first Barbarian apocalypse. Rather than complain, we went straight to the PTR and began testing.

Imagine everyone's surprise when I found out that I could sustain wrath for more than 10 minutes (I gave up because I had made my point).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713012311#1

That's the original thread That was the day we all realized that Barbs are still OP.
Reply Quote
The funny thing about these rumoured Barbarian nerfs is that guys like Lorenze, Keik, and many others were around to prevent the first Barbarian apocalypse. Rather than complain, we went straight to the PTR and began testing.

Imagine everyone's surprise when I found out that I could sustain wrath for more than 10 minutes (I gave up because I had made my point).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713012311#1

That's the original thread That was the day we all realized that Barbs are still OP.

If you think you will be able to permawrath in the next patch you might want to look at the console skill cooldowns. I am sure we will still be a top class but premawrath will be gone.

I like me a challenge.
Reply Quote
STOP THIS NONSENSE
Reply Quote
Was doable in high-end pre-1.04 gear like yourself, and once everyone got full suits of revamped gear, it got (a lot) easier than before, to the point now where we're giving away high MP capable sets almost daily. The proc coefficients were nerfed, but the gear was buffed by such a degree that it more than offset it. Same thing happened with wizard cm/ww, same thing likely will happen again to both classes.

There's no way that the barbarian (or any other class) is going to be weak in end-game gear, whether its with the skills we use now or different ones, end-game gear being the best of the current patch, not the previous one.

It's kind of funny how you guys were feeling your way through it, almost as if you were blind, coming to the general conclusion "cc and ias = good", such a far cry from the sophistication in gearing we have now thanks to Nubtro's extensive research, but still very much on the right track.

Also, I'm your fan forever for this:

I would be very careful about the use of the Echoing Fury. The attack speed means that you're procing more often, but potentially leeching less depending on the fear %. When I equipped an EF into my main-hand, I noticed nothing wrong until the pack started thinning out -- that's when I realized I couldn't hold onto Wrath at all. When they fear proc, you're exhausting more fury chasing them in every direction rather than allowing them to come to you.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 9/4/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Was doable in high-end pre-1.04 gear like yourself, and once everyone got full suits of revamped gear, it got (a lot) easier than before, to the point now where we're giving away high MP capable sets almost daily. The proc coefficients were nerfed, but the gear was buffed by such a degree that it more than offset it. Same thing happened with wizard cm/ww, same thing likely will happen again to both classes.

There's no way that the barbarian (or any other class) is going to be weak in end-game gear, whether its with the skills we use now or different ones, end-game gear being the best of the current patch, not the previous one.

It's kind of funny how you guys were feeling your way through it, almost as if you were blind, coming to the general conclusion "cc and ias = good", such a far cry from the sophistication in gearing we have now thanks to Nubtro's extensive research, but still very much on the right track.

Also, I'm your fan forever for this:

I would be very careful about the use of the Echoing Fury. The attack speed means that you're procing more often, but potentially leeching less depending on the fear %. When I equipped an EF into my main-hand, I noticed nothing wrong until the pack started thinning out -- that's when I realized I couldn't hold onto Wrath at all. When they fear proc, you're exhausting more fury chasing them in every direction rather than allowing them to come to you.

Those were the golden days of Diablo. Where every Barbarian showed up ready to work. Except for Joch. He was the Nelson of our forum.

By the way, a lot of credit should go to Lorenze for that thread. Wildeyes too. Both guys were watching and commenting for hours. I think it was Lorenze who convinced me to switch to the Mighty Weapon.

Edit: That !@#$%^- Echoing Fury. The bane of my existence. I refuse to use it unless it's in my off-hand. It is such an unnecessary weapon for the main-hand. I learned the hard way, but I managed to add cold damage to mitigate the fear proc.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 9/4/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]