Diablo® III

can we get a new look at offline mode for PC?

Its been a long time now since Blizzard stated their stance on a offline mode for the PC version. That basically came from Jay Wilson who said that a offline version was removed because Blizzard was worried about players being confused. We all know Jay Wilson had some pretty wacky idea's that weren't really backed up by reality at all.

You guys really cant say that piracy is a concern too, not when over 12,000,000 copies of the PC version have sold. Hacking isn't relevant either and a offline mode isn't going to all of a sudden make it easier.

Now that new leadership has taken charge of Diablo III, and so far they are moving the game in the right direction, fixing all of the really bad ideas that Jay Wilson had; I was hoping Blizzard would take another look at adding a offline mode for the game. Especially when the console versions have it.
Reply Quote
ur online, no need for offline, offline = console
Reply Quote
You will never, ever see an offline D3 version for the PC because the consoles are getting hacked like crazy (all the databases are on the consoles and not on the online server).

What Blizzard could do instead is create a separate and totally optional SFcore Self-found mode of play where there is no trading, nor dropping of items for other players, or Auction Houses, or any possibly way that anyone can cheat, abuse, or destroy the new environment. A way to play where people can play together and find or make all of their own items vice duping, hacking, buying, trading, etc.
Reply Quote
to make it offline, you need to basically re-release the game.
Reply Quote
but what about all the hacks, bots, and exploits DRM prevents....oh wait...

09/04/2013 09:03 AMPosted by pocahontas
ur online, no need for offline, offline = console

You are "online" for SC2 as well but at least there is an option to play offline. nothing to do with console vs PC.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Mathalamus

No you don't. Offline was available in Diablo 3 before the public closed beta launched in late 2011. The game at one point had a offline mode.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:07 AMPosted by omgitsbees

No you don't. Offline was available in Diablo 3 before the public closed beta launched in late 2011. The game at one point had a offline mode.

^^ This

There is no real reason anymore to keep the game strictly online. Those who are going to cheat, have already and will continue to do so. For those that don't want to be privy to that, let them just play offline already. Keep the drops the same, but at least they won't have to deal with lag spikes/deaths, and it may actually make hardcore more appealing.
Reply Quote
Its been a long time now since Blizzard stated their stance on a offline mode for the PC version. That basically came from Jay Wilson who said that a offline version was removed because Blizzard was worried about players being confused. We all know Jay Wilson had some pretty wacky idea's that weren't really backed up by reality at all.

You guys really cant say that piracy is a concern too, not when over 12,000,000 copies of the PC version have sold. Hacking isn't relevant either and a offline mode isn't going to all of a sudden make it easier.

Now that new leadership has taken charge of Diablo III, and so far they are moving the game in the right direction, fixing all of the really bad ideas that Jay Wilson had; I was hoping Blizzard would take another look at adding a offline mode for the game. Especially when the console versions have it.

Jay Wilson really did think the playerbase for this game was mildy reta...ummm, slow. How hard is it for a customer to determing Single Player vs Multiplayer buttons? He was and still is a gigantic idiot.
Reply Quote
You will never, ever see an offline D3 version for the PC because the consoles are getting hacked like crazy (all the databases are on the consoles and not on the online server).

What Blizzard could do instead is create a separate and totally optional SFcore Self-found mode of play where there is no trading, nor dropping of items for other players, or Auction Houses, or any possibly way that anyone can cheat, abuse, or destroy the new environment. A way to play where people can play together and find or make all of their own items vice duping, hacking, buying, trading, etc.

Get over yourself and your stupid self found mode already. Blizzard should do all that because you are paranoid you might bump into a sf leper. Grow up get some rl help and move on. Maybe you are playing the wrong game. How about tl2 where you can mod a sf game. Trade and ah are the game you can avoid each if you want to.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 9/4/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Get over yourself and your stupid self found mode already. Blizzard should do all that because you are paranoid you might bump into a sf leper. Grow up get some rl help and move on. Maybe you are playing the wrong game. How about tl2 where you can mod a sf game. Trade and ah are the game you can avoid each if you want to.

Blizzard disagrees with you. This is something they are giving serious consideration to and it might actually happen. Some Blizzard employees are playing entirely self found only even and have said they wish their own game had an official mode to support it.
Reply Quote

Blizzard disagrees with you. This is something they are giving serious consideration to and it might actually happen. Some Blizzard employees are playing entirely self found only even and have said they wish their own game had an official mode to support it.

I can't believe this "person" is even still trying to talk to me; he has been on ignore for months. I challenge anyone to find even a couple of his previous posts that weren't intended to disrupt, cause negativity, destroy any new idea, etc. Then if you agree, just click on the upsidedown " ^ " that is to the right of its name and select the red ignore icon.
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 9/4/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
but what about all the hacks, bots, and exploits DRM prevents....oh wait....

You must be delusional to buy that guff. You really think it actually has any matter or affect on that? You are too quick to drink the kool aid. The online mode has NOTHING to do with any of that.

It has to do with the fact that previous battle.net and WoW servers have been easily emulated and allowed pirated, private servers. I feel sorry for all the people such as yourself who insist it's some anti-hack measure when it's so clearly a means they devised to get passed the rampant server emulators and piracy. That issue was the biggest reason they got into it so bad about e-sports in Korea. The original Starcraft leagues readily employed such emulated battle.net servers.

Please people, stop saying it's about hacks or bots, it makes you look foolish. Online only has zero affect on that.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Whiplash
but what about all the hacks, bots, and exploits DRM prevents....oh wait....

You must be delusional to buy that guff. You really think it actually has any matter or affect on that? You are too quick to drink the kool aid. The online mode has NOTHING to do with any of that.

It has to do with the fact that previous battle.net and WoW servers have been easily emulated and allowed pirated, private servers. I feel sorry for all the people such as yourself who insist it's some anti-hack measure when it's so clearly a means they devised to get passed the rampant server emulators and piracy. That issue was the biggest reason they got into it so bad about e-sports in Korea. The original Starcraft leagues readily employed such emulated battle.net servers.

Please people, stop saying it's about hacks or bots, it makes you look foolish. Online only has zero affect on that.

He was being sarcastic.

And like I already pointed out, Blizzard can't really argue piracy at this point. Not with 12 million copies sold.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:00 AMPosted by omgitsbees

Sorry but you are ignorant of what kind of !@#$ it will open up the game to if it introduced offline mode. Just a couple (small minority) of people being happier bcuz of offline mode isnt going to be worth it. Starcraft 2 already suffers because they have semi-offline mode, its cracked the next day after release and all my poor buddies dl it and never touch it again. It is one of the reasons why D3 sold two times more copies than Wings of Liberty.

Long story short = yes hacking is relevant and offline mode will make it easier.
Reply Quote
Go offline and Shadow Master Activated LOLOLOLOL .......
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:17 AMPosted by DeadRu

A lot of people have internet connections that are not 100%. This eliminates a game mode for them. A lot of people would like to play while traveling. Ever use the internet in a hotel? Blizzard has already told us that the auction house influences the drop rates. They knew the auction house would be there so they designed the drop rates accordingly. Yes, you can avoid it, but you are unlikely to find anything decent. I would not the character I have without it and most people would not have theirs. Most people do not want to "mod" a game.

There is ZERO reason we could not have a completely separate offline mode. They can still maintain the online mode as usual and keep watch over all items. I would love a offline/private network mode. This might actually cause many of the people on my friend list to play again. The average person on my friend list has not been online in over 8 months, some over a year. THAT, my friend, is the real truth.

Answer this Blizzard. How do you intend to sell your "expansion" to people who have not played the game in a year? I tell them about it and they literally look disgusted.
Reply Quote
Well I know that I and others stated that once the consoles came out, people now had access to the guts of D3 and could both create their own server and any mod they wanted, and could now have the info to possibly be able to hack the Blizzard servers. I hope they did think of this and put in some kind of protective measure.
Reply Quote
Once you understand what are the consequences for the game and the company for allowing lan or offline ,it's a nobrainer decision. Even you who in your ignorance try to say they should give you offline mode, would do the same in their position. (unless you're stupid)
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Frozenkex
Once you understand what are the consequences for the game and the company for allowing lan or offline ,it's a nobrainer decision. Even you who in your ignorance try to say they should give you offline mode, would do the same in their position. (unless you're stupid)

You keep repeating this without being about to cite any specific examples or go into any actual detail. Adding an offline mode is a non-issue. It won't have any effect on the online portion of the game.

Online only was added to stop piracy.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 09:07 AMPosted by ArmyofBono
but what about all the hacks, bots, and exploits DRM prevents....oh wait...

09/04/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Whiplash

The only person looking foolish here is you for not being able to identify obvious sarcasm when it slaps you in the face.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]