Diablo® III

Staff of Herding (items not dropping) Xbox360

100 Blood Elf Monk
Hola all,

Ive bought D3 on 360, and im starting the ever so fun task of farming the Staff of herding schematic as well as the items required to make it. I found the mushrooms in my 1st play through without even looking.

But now that ive finished act 1, ive decided to go back and find the others... Ive been trying for the "Leoric's Shinbone" as well as "Liquid rainbow",, and literally tried over 100 time for each and had nothing spawn... As for the Liquid rainbow ive saved Zaven the Alchemist and explored the Mysterious Cave head to toe (Both lvl 1 and 2) and am yet to find the elusive treasure box.

Im assuming the spawn locations are the same as the pc... Im not 100% sure if they are (I figure they are due to the mushrooms being in the same location, and the loading screen hint about the schematics dropping from Izual)

Is anyone else having this issue also?

Ive also tried to farm both items on the different difficulties, and still had no luck with either.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Honestly it's RNG and it can be horrible. The drops are in the same places but even on PC the Rainbow from act 2 for example took me days of trying to get the NPC to spawn to let me into the cave and then it's not even guaranteed that the chest will spawn in it>.<

Getting the items for Pony Land is a chore, but at least you only have to do it on normal and remaking the game to try again is easy, but yeah they are pretty low % to spawn/drop.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Ah ok, cause when I hunted them down on pc, I was luckly enough to get them all in the 1 day... guess I was lucky and thought it would be that easy on 360... Cheers for the heads :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I read that the Shinbone doesn't even spawn in this version. You only need to get the Black Mushroom, Liquid Rainbow, and Gibbering Gemstone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Oh interesting, Idk man, thats entirely possible... still early days to make it conclusive sadly, cheers for the info.
Reply Quote
I've been trying for the damn bone too and after 130 times I can conclude the logs do not spawn in the manor!

RNG yeah, but 130 attempts and still nothing... I don't think so.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Hear hear Death, yeh idk man, ive got the mushroom thus far... so im assuming theres still the items needed for collection for the staff, whether they spawn in different areas idk >.<
Reply Quote
You should first get the plan from Izual and you will see what you need:
- the mushroom, the Wirt's bell from Squirt the Peddler and the Gibbering Gemstone
Reply Quote
I heard that some items are not needed to craft the staff on consoles. Is this the same for the Xbox one?
Reply Quote
I was thinking u needed.

Black mushroom
Writs bell
Gibbering gemstone

For the console
The rainbow and bone should not be needed unless they changed it
Reply Quote
I got the shinbone today on the PS4. I don't have any other pieces or the plan so I can't say if its needed or not, but it can be gotten.
Reply Quote
09/15/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Ragnin
I got the shinbone today on the PS4. I don't have any other pieces or the plan so I can't say if its needed or not, but it can be gotten.

Interesting - didn't know that even still dropped since you don't need it for the herding staff on console. I only needed the mushroom, the bell, and the item from Chiltara in the frost caves in Act 3. And the plans too obviously.
Edited by SuperBeast#1407 on 9/15/2014 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Have all the ingredients except for the plans. Izual is being difficult.
Reply Quote
I play D3 on Xbox 360 (but will soon get it for PC) and I have Leoric's Shinbone in my stash... My problem is that I cannot find the god damned Liquid Rainbow xD everytime I am in Act 2, I ALWAYS get the NPC spawned, but nothing of the Liquid Rainbow lol and Chiltarra for the Cube of Korizhek(spelling?) I have seen that monster 10 times, not a single drop yet xD
Reply Quote
I made two of them on PS4 because I was bored, so it does drop, it is just very rare.
Reply Quote
On all console versions of the game, the recipe for the Staff of Herding is Gibbering Gemstone + Wirt's Bell + Black Mushroom. You don't even need the rainbow or shin bone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]