Diablo® III

Console VS PC Difference

Would someone like to start up a post that lists the changes between the console and pc versions of this game? More, specifically the ones that were not really discussed before hand.

So far what i noticed was, Nephalem Valor, only seemed to go up to level 3 for me, even though i farmed like 6 or so elite/champ packs.

Also i didn't know the paragon level was account bound rather than character bound, so that was a great change.
Reply Quote
The biggest differences between PC and Console versions.

PC got stuck with a 60 dollar beta test.

Console got the benefits of the PC 60 dollar beta test.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I want the PC controller support. Just to have the ability to use a controller would get me back to playing Diablo 3. It isn't enough to make me go out and also buy a console version of the same game I already own.
Reply Quote
Offline vs. Always online
No AH vs. AH
Smart loot/loot 2.0 vs. bad itemization/no loot
Boring without Friends vs. Boring with Friends

Everything else is basically the same.
Reply Quote
lol, i like all your answers!
Reply Quote
From what I have seen (only at SK for now)

-You can dodge using the right analog
-Once you chose a mode (normal, NM, etc), you can chose a difficulty (easy, medium, hard, locked, locked)
-You can smash things (stumps, barrels) with dodge move
-going over corspe will overturn them, no need to "click" on them
-Seems like the inventory on caracter is not limited(?) Havent tested it though
-Mini-map seems better (zoom-in, zoom-out) unless I never tried to use on PC
-The inventory and skill menu is way less user friendly (when time to chose piece of equipment)

So far, that is my main observation. Long live to the KING (being D3 :P)
Edited by KillerOak#1603 on 9/4/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
console version need a ladder system with those amazing drops
Reply Quote
Im starting to think that the console version now has to high of a drop rate for legs/sets. I have read players have found like 5-6 legendaries through normal acts 1-4, and yet they are not even running high majic find...? After the game has been out for awhile and people are running like 300-400mf, is it going to rain legendaries and sets to the point where its to easy...i dunno
Reply Quote
Oh, i forgot that some skills seems to auto-aim ( i use ray of frost and once a monster dies, it goes to the next nearest monster)

Is it the case on PC?

Maybe they dumbed it down for console
Reply Quote
Other things I can mention about differences
-Loading seems faster on console (I got a 5 year old Dell Studio)
-Base walk speed seems faster
-Can buy rare items from vendors
-More uniques (previously stated in the console announcement : got Magefist (Stinging Winds A2, Leoric Signet (Cursed Hold A1) and a unique 2h sword) so far and middle of A2
-haven't found a way to talk to my follower when he is hired....
-Cannot go out of jailers with dodge
-Dodge is slowed by web
-Dodge isn't 100% accurate : if you were already "locked" by a ranged monster, you will get hit even if the dodge motion is done

Voilà, I'll post more
Reply Quote
Oh, i forgot that some skills seems to auto-aim ( i use ray of frost and once a monster dies, it goes to the next nearest monster)

Is it the case on PC?

Wait, how is this dumbed down? Sounds like better design to me....

Apparently I'm the only PC player that isn't a petty fanboy
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 10:26 PMPosted by c0kemusheen

Is it the case on PC?

Wait, how is this dumbed down? Sounds like better design to me....

Apparently I'm the only PC player that isn't a petty fanboy

No, you just might be on the only PC player who doesn't understand why PC is better. Auto-aim is the very definition of dumbed down. It looks to me console will lose a lot of the edge of your seat intensity that the PC version offers. Higher difficulties require a lot of precision movements that the console can't compete with due to the lack of mouse aiming. So because of that, I would wager the game is going to be nerfed to handle the slow reaction times that controllers bring.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/04/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Mushifu
I want the PC controller support. Just to have the ability to use a controller would get me back to playing Diablo 3. It isn't enough to make me go out and also buy a console version of the same game I already own.

I second this! I did hear that they are supposed to be doing an update to the PC version to bring over an updated UI and some of the console feature over, but I wouldn't bet on adding controller support and rolling/dodging to the PC version as this would alienate different play-styles. I don't think it would be very compatible on the PC with one person using a controller and another, a keyboard/mouse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]