Diablo® III

Staff of Herding

Is anyone else finding it rather difficult to get certain things to spawn? I've tried to get the logs to spawn in Leoric's Manor countless times now... still nothing. I've tried at least 120 times. I don't remember it taking that long on PC. Maybe the gibbering gemstone, but not the bone!
Reply Quote
It's easier to get on the console version, I have an Infernal Staff and the reason you can't get the logs to spawn is cause they don't :P

Unlike PC you only need 3 items for the staff:

Gibbering Gemstone
    Black Mushroom
    Wirt's Bell

Also (can't remember off the top of my head) but it's a lot to cheaper to craft. I think it cost me 100k for the Infernal Staff :)
Reply Quote
I knew something was amiss was trying the same thing. thanks for the heads up

btw where are the components now?

Black Mushroom is in act1 cathedral somewhere what about the rest?
Reply Quote
It's easier to get on the console version, I have an Infernal Staff and the reason you can't get the logs to spawn is cause they don't :P

Unlike PC you only need 3 items for the staff:

Gibbering Gemstone
    Black Mushroom
    Wirt's Bell

Also (can't remember off the top of my head) but it's a lot to cheaper to craft. I think it cost me 100k for the Infernal Staff :)

I have the regular staff, but can't figure out how to upgrade it in this one!?
Reply Quote
ME TOO!! HOW THE HECK DO U UPGRADE!!!!
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Rtotheandell
ME TOO!! HOW THE HECK DO U UPGRADE!!!!

I read somewhere else that you have to collect all the items again for each level. I sure hope not!

My son and I played for 8 hours today on and off, doing Caverns of Frost runs. The unique Lacuni only spawned 3 times in over 80 runs! 8 hours of farming and no Gibbering Gemstone.

Sure, you don't need to collect as many items but, the ones you do have to collect are just stupid rare. I mean, you have a 50%-50% chance of the right cave spawning in the area. Then you have maybe a 5% chance of the unique Lacuni spawning. And then you have probably less chance of it dropping the Gemstone. I'm not very good with percentages but, I bet the chances are pretty damn low for this sucker to drop. All so you can bash a bunch of ponies that had their xp nerfed to the ground, making going there pretty much pointless unless you've never seen it before on console or pc.
Reply Quote
Act 4 kill diablo quest, the quartermaster outside the armory by followers sells the upgrade plans :)
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Deathtrooper
but can't figure out how to upgrade it in this one!?

What Pariah said.

The upgrade plans are found in the same way as the PC version. I think everyone's memory is just a bit rusty. :P

09/08/2013 06:17 PMPosted by BlayneRTFM
Sure, you don't need to collect as many items but, the ones you do have to collect are just stupid rare.

That's really unlucky dude. I got it the first time I went into the cave through my normal playthrough and I wasn't even farming it. Actually I got both of the dropped components without even looking for them. Black Mushroom at least is incredibly common.

I was always under the impression that the Gibbering Gemstone wasn't that rare! Perhaps it's different for the console or perhaps I'm just extremely lucky.
Reply Quote
Quick question, do the components all need to be from the same level? I think I picked up my mushrooms from Hell Difficulty, but bought Writ's Bell from normal and don't have the plans or gibbering gemstone yet? Do I need to go back to easy and try to farm for the different items?
Reply Quote
Bump for info

Quick question, do the components all need to be from the same level? I think I picked up my mushrooms from Hell Difficulty, but bought Writ's Bell from normal and don't have the plans or gibbering gemstone yet? Do I need to go back to easy and try to farm for the different items?
Reply Quote
And do the normal plans drop from any difficulty of Izual or should I keep farming him on normal?
Reply Quote
its the same plans since its just one item and its probably better to farm on higher difficulties. I've almost always gotten plans on inferno.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Warlock
I farmed Izual in each level like thousand times, but he just kept dropping the normal plan....am I bugged?
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Pariah
Act 4 kill diablo quest, the quartermaster outside the armory by followers sells the upgrade plans :)
Reply Quote
Ok izual will always drop the normal plan. To have the other plan you need to choose the last quest of act 4 (kill diablo) and you go in town and talk to the quartermaster (merchant) as said before. He is right next to the guy that gives you your health back. You need to do it in order I think. So you do it in nightmare, hell and finally inferno. Once you have the plans don't forget to go click on them (i forgot lol). Next you need only one staff the 3 ingredient as stated before. Once you got it, to make a staff for the next difficulty you go see the blacksmith and the only ingredient needed is the staff from previous difficulty. After I think it's like on Pc but I never played it (go to the old ruins wp and go back next to the red light in the ground the cow king appear).
Reply Quote
Chiltara and the gibbering gemstone are the reasons I will never bother with Whym.
I did it once on normal, but just for the sake of doing it once.
That caverns of frost run took me no exaggeration over 70x to get Chiltara to appear.
No thanks, I'm happy hunting Key Wardens :)
Thanks to them I'm only paragon 5 yet already have chantodos will
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]