Diablo® III

Loot 2.0 is Coming

The tweet was in response to whether or not the loot improvements/changes seen in the console version of Diablo III would be coming to PC. The answer is yes, that many of those improvements/changes will be coming with Loot 2.0 (which actually inspired a lot of the updates to itemization for console). As for the tone of Josh's tweet, think Game of Thrones! He was going for a play on "Winter is coming." :)

-Lyrillia or whatever that name is...
Reply Quote
Yeah but if you've read Game of Thrones, winter takes !@#$ing forever to arrive.
Reply Quote
Well, yeah - but then Lylirra went on to extrapolate and retract the whole charade of words, by saying that he was just making a joke and it's not Loot 2.0 that is coming, it's the proverbial Winter.

Besides, need I remind you that astronomical winter begins on 21st of December and ends towards the end of March? Knowing Blizzard's chief operating principal of Rather Later Than Sooner, if the whole 'Winter is Coming' thing was for real, I'd put my money on March... Which is nearly 7 months from now!

And to further feed the gossip treadmill - how do you interpret the following blue post:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793009306?page=2#30

Particularly that bit at the end where he says something about 'new skills'? Does that mean all classes will get entirely new additional skills, not just rune tweaks with the expansion?
Reply Quote
i think wizards will finally get a fireball to make up for the cm nerf, also a wotb nerf would probably mean new barb skills, possibly there will be some passive shake ups for other classes as well
Reply Quote
I think it's a play on the fact in the novel, Westarosian winter has been coming for years, and it's still coming. How long ago did they first announce the itemization patch? Around october last year?

Itemization is coming. Lyrillia (sp?) is one of the ones with a sense of humour, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a play on the fact that it's been coming for ages, and it's still... coming.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 9/3/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are reading into it too much, its just a popular phrase to borrow from due to the fact that loot 2.0 is indeed coming at some point. Also gamers and Game of Thrones fans are all nerds so they will giggle when they read it in their parents' basements ;)
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Surly
You guys are reading into it too much, its just a popular phrase to borrow from due to the fact that loot 2.0 is indeed coming at some point. Also gamers and Game of Thrones fans are all nerds so they will giggle when they read it in their parents' basements ;)

I wish i still lived in my parents basement. Free food and all that jazz is sorely missed :(.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Cayzer

I wish i still lived in my parents basement. Free food and all that jazz is sorely missed :(.

Wish my parents had a basement.

Also, Loot 2.0 (IMHO) will come before the release of the x-pac, but probably not more than a few months before, at most. I'm guessing a few weeks maybe a month just to get some tweaks in so it isn't blatantly overpowered for the x-pac. Also, I hope they make the "uber self-drops" that are itemized towards the player BoA (Bind on Account) so they can't be traded. But that's just me.
Reply Quote
From what I gather Loot 2.0 (and the shared paragon system) is already in the console version, minus the new legendaries. I originally thought it would launch at the same time as the expac, but there may not be a reason to wait that long, especially with a beta coming this year.
Reply Quote
i think the legendaries are in it already. someone in General topics was talking about the drop rate of new legendaries and how much better it is on the console.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 09:00 PMPosted by MrJowls
Wish my parents had a basement.

^ Would like one too. My room is WAY to damn hot in the summer. Would much rather have a basement, LOL. Would probably be like at least 10-20% cooler in one. Parents get mad when I turn on the AC too often even though I pay the electricity bill ~_~

I think I must be one of the few people the really isn't too excited about loot 2.0, or loot in general in D3. I've always had a habit of selling off the good stuff anyways...

But when loot 2.0 is out, that means the new "challenge" content is out ^_^. Can't wait for that stuff!
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Fitz
especially with a beta coming this year.
beta for x pac?
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 04:00 AMPosted by baggins
especially with a beta coming this year.
beta for x pac?

Yea, they said it should be this year.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]