Diablo® III

The Barbarian Gear Reference Guide

im selling my gear

avoid reading the whole thread

10bil, all the items i'm wearing

rodrigo#1280

The second I saw your name as the last poster, I thought to myself, "he'll be trying to find some way to use this to sell his gear"

I was wrong, you didn't even try.
Reply Quote
im selling my gear

avoid reading the whole thread

10bil, all the items i'm wearing

rodrigo#1280

Wow... This is unbelievable...

The worst...
Reply Quote
Awesome Guide by an Awesome Nephalem!

Prices of the "low budget list" and low end gear keep going up... Stuff like lowest 170 Mempos and basic IK helms have gone up at least 1.5x on bids if not higher. Buyouts for sure have nearly doubled. I don't really know the other item tiers, but I'd imagine budgets and mid tiers have risen quite substantially.

Ramble... Ramble... Ramble...

GL HF!

Yeah. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not a good time to be a buyer. :(

The budget set can still be built with 5m (buyout), but you're likely only able to afford the lower end pieces rather than the recommended ones.

On another note, Ice Climbers that meets the min stats currently hover between 25m - 40m (buyout). You could get them for as low as ~6m buyout just a few weeks back although they generally go for ~15m average.

150/150 IK Chests were 2m - 3m, but shot up to about 15m last weekend. I offloaded my old one for a nice 8m profit (had low Armor roll too). Sold off most of my lower end IK Chests too (bought them between 100k - 800k) for 1.5m - 2.5m to recoup some $$.

150+ Vit Inna's Temperance (8 IAS version) went up to about 80m, but has since came down to about 35m. I miss the pre-gold dupe days when 100+ Vit Inna's were only 1 - 2m.

Basic Witching Hours went from ~200k to 5m, but has since dropped to about 2m average.

Dex gear was the most insane. Basic Dex Unity was going for ~15m. Luckily I had a few in my stash...

Nat boots shot up about 5x - 8x. Sold 4 of my old snipes (won via bid ~1m total a few months back just before market crashed and had little resale value) for about 24m (pre-tax).

(Yes, I kinda made some gold over the weekend. If you know me, you know I hoard a lot of gear. @_@)

Nice job, Eclipse!

USB.ADSL:
Was going to criticize Skorn gear, but read more carefuly and noticed its for pure ww/rend build, not hota.

I'll be making some adjustments to the Guppy and Shark sets and adding them to the guide later (later as in next week maybe). You can scrutinize / criticize them when they're done. :P
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Eclipse
(Yes, I kinda made some gold over the weekend. If you know me, you know I hoard a lot of gear. @_@)

hi 5 and thanks for telling me about the price changes on the weekend. I also offloaded almost 2 extra sets for my monk (just different resist, been holding on to them forever lol) to recoup some gold.Crafting took them all back lol... ya know ... i just cant hit my 1st beez lolol.
Reply Quote
Simply the best gearing guide for any class ever written. I've even been using some of the principles (with modifications) to gear other classes.

Can't wait for the new sets!

Edit: There is one area that I have trouble with purchasing even with your reference guide: jewelry. Whereas on the other items you list, the "minimum" stats generally mean it's a good piece and the optional stats really are optional.

On jewelry, the bare minimum stats don't mean the item is any good at all, and the optional are basically required (or much higher stats than the minimum amounts you listed). Perhaps including recommended stats on jewelry could be helpful? This also applies to gloves, but less so, and much less to bracers but slightly.
Edited by Voyaging#1401 on 9/5/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 08:51 AMPosted by rezide
hi 5 and thanks for telling me about the price changes on the weekend. I also offloaded almost 2 extra sets for my monk (just different resist, been holding on to them forever lol) to recoup some gold.Crafting took them all back lol... ya know ... i just cant hit my 1st beez lolol.

Look on the bright side, you're still farming + sniping a lot of good stuff that helps sustain your crafting addiction. :P

09/05/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Voyaging

I hope to run some tests on the WW/Rend set(s) and make the final adjustments this weekend.

After that I'll add the sets used in the previous challenges (Team Guppy, Team Shark and the more recent Team Barbarian's 5 Kingdoms non-EF). These should be pretty straightforward, I think.

Maybe even add a budget WT/SS as well before I go into slacker mode. Was a personal favorite (used it for close to 60 Paragon levels). :)

@Everyone
If you have a sub-5m, sub-100m or mid-Tier (preferably under 2beez) set that can be used as a sample in the guide, just leave me a message here. I would like to make a quick capture of your gear on d3rawr and d3up.

Thanks.

p.s. Based on average/rough AH value.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Eclipse

Look on the bright side, you're still farming + sniping a lot of good stuff that helps sustain your crafting addiction. :P

I hope to run some tests on the WW/Rend set(s) and make the final adjustments this weekend.

After that I'll add the sets used in the previous challenges (Team Guppy, Team Shark and the more recent Team Barbarian's 5 Kingdoms non-EF). These should be pretty straightforward, I think.

Maybe even add a budget WT/SS as well before I go into slacker mode. Was a personal favorite (used it for close to 60 Paragon levels). :)

@Everyone
If you have a sub-5m, sub-100m or mid-Tier (preferably under 2beez) set that can be used as a sample in the guide, just leave me a message here. I would like to make a quick capture of your gear on d3rawr and d3up.

Thanks.

p.s. Based on average/rough AH value.

I'd be glad to build some example low budget sets. Should I omit crafted items?

Also, edited my post above with some ideas :)
Reply Quote
Edit: There is one area that I have trouble with purchasing even with your reference guide: jewelry. Whereas on the other items you list, the "minimum" stats generally mean it's a good piece and the optional stats really are optional.

On jewelry, the bare minimum stats don't mean the item is any good at all, and the optional are basically required (or much higher stats than the minimum amounts you listed). Perhaps including recommended stats on jewelry could be helpful? This also applies to gloves, but less so, and much less to bracers but slightly.

I assume you're referring to the rares?

Unlike legendary, the rolls on rares are pretty random. I can only list out the main stats/affixes that you should be on the lookout for. Whatever optional or bonus stats/affixes you can pick up would largely be down to your luck + budget + supply.

Picking up an "optional" stat or affix on, say, the amulet, may sometimes cause the price to inflate 2x - 10x. You might find a dozen for sale at 500k one day and just one selling at 5m the next. Price is always in flux.

For example, the rare ring on my female Barbarian was a 3m purchase (there were 3 - 4 other comparable ones being sold at a similar price point). A week later, I can't even find one that is remotely close to it -- poorer ones were being sold in the 50m+ region. It took me 6 months before I finally got the upgrade that you see on my male Barbarian (which I also paid a measly 3m for).

If what I want isn't available or affordable, I'd check again later. Shopping for that right piece of rare will require a bit more patience.

This is what I generally do when I'm shopping for rares:

"OK, I have a 5m budget for an amulet. Let's see what we have meeting the minimum stats. Hmm, I see a lot of 1m amulets. Since I have a bigger budget, I'll see if I can get something better by narrowing down the list." *Adds an optional stat/affix or two and work from there*

In any case, I'll look into rewording the "optional" for the jewelries for the lower budget sets. Looking for a word that is not as strong as "recommended." Any ideas? Am open to suggestions for something short and sweet. :D

09/05/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Voyaging
I'd be glad to build some example low budget sets. Should I omit crafted items?

Average crafts are fine. :)

I'd leave out BiS crafts since that would involve a lot of luck and/or a truck load of Demonic Essence.
Reply Quote
@Everyone

I do have 3 Sub-1 Mil Sets built back-to-back to prove you can gear in anyway for any major build with just the money you farm getting up to Inferno.

Sorry, the post is a bit long. I hope you don't mind me linking your guide.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792650522

1 DW Standard WW
1 SnB HotA
1 R&R Trash Farm Skorn

Of course, I'm absolutely certain other Sub-5 Sets are better.
Reply Quote
You must have missed the part where I linked to your guide in the Ultra Low Budget section. :P
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Eclipse
In any case, I'll look into rewording the "optional" for the jewelries for the lower budget sets. Looking for a word that is not as strong as "recommended." Any ideas? Am open to suggestions for something short and sweet. :D

I was actually referring moreso to the "Mid-Tier" jewelry where you could spend at least 100m or maybe a few hundred mil, I find that it's really tough to decide between jewelry at this budget.

Average crafts are fine. :)

I'd leave out BiS crafts since that would involve a lot of luck and/or a truck load of Demonic Essence.

Ok cool, could you give some specifics? Like budget and Skorn or dual-wield, etc? I'll get started on it later today.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Voyaging
I was actually referring moreso to the "Mid-Tier" jewelry where you could spend at least 100m or maybe a few hundred mil, I find that it's really tough to decide between jewelry at this budget.

You'll need to look at your set as a whole and ask yourself if there's any hole you'd like to plug (e.g a tad more Vit or Resistance) and if it is economical to get them on the jewelries.

If there's none, then it's just a straight up DPS slot -- slap as much chc, chd, IAS, Str and Average Damage on it as you can. And if you're upgrading a bifecta to a trifecta, would the extra IAS help bring you to the next breakpoint for your build, or does it allow you to drop IAS on a weaker piece of gear (e.g. switching from Lacuni to BiS crafted bracers)? Do you want to go up to the next breakpoint, and if yes, is it worth it to do so? Questions, questions, questions. :P

Simulate some jewelries on d3rawr or d3up to see what effect the various affix will have on your gear and skills (check them breakpoints).

Ok cool, could you give some specifics? Like budget and Skorn or dual-wield, etc? I'll get started on it later today.

I think a sub-5m budget dual wield or Skorn set would be fine. :)
Reply Quote
Me wants guide for DW Skorn Bash/Cleave build pl0x.

And a carrot.
Reply Quote
Whoops... GG...
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Eclipse
I think a sub-5m budget dual wield or Skorn set would be fine. :)

Made an under 5m dual wield WW barb, check my profile.

Low-end gear is really overpriced atm, Mempos especially (mine was 850k), but I think it turned out reasonably well, though I am suffering a bit on resists.

Total price: 4,919,541 without crafts

I figured my crafts aren't THAT good, most people could expect to roll similar in ~50-100 crafts, except maybe the ammy.

I have 80k left to spend if you want me to try replacing something :P

Honestly, idk if this set is worth using as an example, considering prices are so bad now. Maybe wait for them to go down. Or maybe on the other hand it's more useful at the moment because it shows a decent gear set with current item prices.
Edited by Voyaging#1401 on 9/6/2013 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

And a carrot.

How about you go write one and I'll give you a carrot? :P

09/06/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Voyaging
I figured my crafts aren't THAT good, most people could expect to roll similar in ~50-100 crafts, except maybe the ammy.

The amulet and gloves are pretty good. Just ask Bugs how much he spent on his crafts. XD

Honestly, idk if this set is worth using as an example, considering prices are so bad now. Maybe wait for them to go down. Or maybe on the other hand it's more useful at the moment because it shows a decent gear set with current item prices.

I've added it into the guide with a remark that it comes with good crafts. We won't know how long before things will settle down, so it'll still be relevant for some time.

The market is just not buyer friendly at the moment. Even mid-tier stuff are fluctuating a lot.
Reply Quote

And a carrot.

How about you go write one and I'll give you a carrot? :P

09/06/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Voyaging

The amulet and gloves are pretty good. Just ask Bugs how much he spent on his crafts. XD

I've added it into the guide with a remark that it comes with good crafts. We won't know how long before things will settle down, so it'll still be relevant for some time.

The market is just not buyer friendly at the moment. Even mid-tier stuff are fluctuating a lot.

Sweet, glad it could be useful!

Is the d3rawr link a snapshot of my gear at the time you posted or will it change if I change my gear?
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Voyaging
Is the d3rawr link a snapshot of my gear at the time you posted or will it change if I change my gear?

It's a snapshot. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Bump for awareness.
Reply Quote
This thread is awesome ! Thanks !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]