Diablo® III

the new expansion

(Locked)

End-Game is for MMOs. In Diablo, you simply kill the last boss, and/or grind for better gear. This is what you did in D2, and D1 you just started a new game when you killed Diablo.

This is the way these games work.

Stop forgetting this.
09/08/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Deadlysynz
I think a better question is, will botters need to buy the expansion? If not, what will RoS sales look like at that point?

To get access to the new lvl 70 loot they would. They will likely be capped to joining games with lvl 63 mobs at best without the expac and thus get no good drops.
09/05/2013 06:31 PMPosted by babinro
I'm not about to PAY for more BROKEN mechanics,

But all the game mechanics seem to work.

Specially that one where you need to farm 500 hours for a 0.000014% chance to find an upgrade.
all i know is that they better give the witch doctor 20 pets that do good damage so we can fianly have a zoo keeper build.

for now im just play diablo 2 and path of exile . for there have zoo keeper builds in those games.
Does that mean PvP will be a free addition to both classic and RoS Diablo III when it is released?

Last time I asked, Lylirra dodged my question, saying "No information regarding PvP at this time". That was just over a week ago.
Edited by acidrain#1687 on 9/8/2013 2:47 PM PDT
all i know is that ... for now im just play diablo 2 and path of exile . for there have zoo keeper builds in those games.

idk zoo keeper, but I like Path of Exile... which also needs an expansion [!!!]
Well, personally I won't be buying the expansion until I see present issues fixed. ..... BROKEN mechanics, let alone the BROKEN PROMISES ... I won't spend more money on Blizzard products until I get the REST of what I was told I was going to get from the beginning.

GaiaGhost.... I see a lot of ranting without specific support... And I read looking for it... WHAT do you believe is missing... i.e. what was promised that you believe Blizzard failed to deliver, specifically?
So is patch 2.0 coming this year or not?

Easy question guys, what do you think??
09/05/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Nixsta
so we have to pay for the expansion, that's just sad. you would think a good marketing strategy would be to make this first one free to entice old and new d3 players to return then hit us with a bill on the next expansion. sad sad sad oh well lol

The expac will be, what...$49 or less?

You will get 100's of hours of gameplay out of it and the quality of it will be the best available in this genre (as is D3 even in it's current form).

....Um, yes it is and you know it.

I cant believe you are so spoilt and or lazy that you want this for nothing.

Do you think Blizzard owes you something? For what?

I cant believe the nerve of some people seriously.
The gameplay is so bad I am not even looking forward to anymore blizzard games.
Postered by Krunk:

Because putting a lot of time into the game and having a sense of power is completely destroyed by introducing an expansion. It doesn't make my experience better. It makes it worse. Starting over only invalidates all of the work I've put in.

Krunk, that's exactly how I feel!
09/05/2013 06:34 PMPosted by LaughingMan
TL:DR - Level cap and the Mystic for the expansion is akin to selling power.

No ... it's not.
It's been mentioned that RoS players will be able to play with Vanilla players,but how will this work?
With RoS you'd have Level 70,massively upgraded gear as seen from the Beta streams and info,likely won't have any of the old vanilla gear equipped..so what happens when playing with people who don't have RoS? You walk thru game like a zombie while everything dies around you?
This sounds like another split in the player base to me,unless Vanilla gets the same skills/power/stats on gear that RoS will have.. It'd be like a D2:LoD player joining a D1 game...
View profile
12/02/2013 07:00 AMPosted by WarHogg
It's been mentioned that RoS players will be able to play with Vanilla players,but how will this work?
With RoS you'd have Level 70,massively upgraded gear as seen from the Beta streams and info,likely won't have any of the old vanilla gear equipped..so what happens when playing with people who don't have RoS? You walk thru game like a zombie while everything dies around you?
This sounds like another split in the player base to me,unless Vanilla gets the same skills/power/stats on gear that RoS will have.. It'd be like a D2:LoD player joining a D1 game...

Same as with D2:LoD and regular D2.

You obviously can't play Act 5 or Adventure Mode without ROS but presumably could play acts 1-4 together in campaign mode. Not sure if chars > lvl 60 would be allowed to mix though. It might be that only chars <= 60 can play non-ROS games.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]