Diablo® III

Need help? Post your build/gear question here

@ExCoRiO
your vital is too low.
Crafting:
Start crafting bracers (to get higher vital+ all resist + 6cc), then shoulders for higher vital, ammy with high stats..
Purchase:
1. buy a better pair of pants with 2 sockets + all resist + high int and vital.

For bear builds, see
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486
search for "Bear Builds" under 4b.
Yeah I noticed everything was a little old on the profile, finally updated once I logged off. I had managed to get a bit more HP at the time I posted earlier but now I think I'm set on vit, thinking I just need more crit chance? Not sure what needs tweaking now to get more dps. I'd at least want to hit 180k if not 200 but I assume that's just going to take really nice gear at this point or maybe a decent skorn, not too sure.
Hey! So, in general I feel like I've done well in gearing my WD. I just farm MP8, but in general I don't know where to go for my next upgrade. Any thoughts?

If I want to be faster I switch out my pants for Inna's and I'm at 190k DPS, but I have to dial down to MP7.
View profile
Hey! So, in general I feel like I've done well in gearing my WD. I just farm MP8, but in general I don't know where to go for my next upgrade. Any thoughts?

If I want to be faster I switch out my pants for Inna's and I'm at 190k DPS, but I have to dial down to MP7.

A few thoughts for you. Inna's pants will give you some DPS and 12% MS, but you take a big hit to EHP so most Docs don't consider them a good alternative. If you want to improve your pants look for 150+ int and vitality, 70 allres, two sockets and if you can get it +armor.

If you don't already use D3up.com, I highly recommend it as a very good EHP/mitigation/DPS/gear calculator.

When shopping for new items, look at the tooltip comparison and try to get 3 green numbers (so increased DPS, increased HP, and increased Protection). Remember that attack speed has to be managed, so figure out how much you want (if any) before you shop.

Other than those tips I would shoot for 550 allres, 4000+ armor, 65K + HP as a baseline to get your defenses up for MP10. Also, and at the same time, push your DPS as high as you can (again while managing attack speed).

The last advice I would give you is if you want to be a student of CoB, see PaulNG's CoB guide in the Builds and Guides sticky at the top of the forum.
@ExCoRio
you definitely need crit chance on ammy and helm.
get the best zuni helm as u can afford., keep crafting INT or Vital ammy.
Better weapon and mojo always help in DPS; they dont look too bad at the moment (not as bad as ur ammy and helm i can say.)

Skorn is a good option for high DPS and low budget. Hopefully u can get one with 5.6% lifesteal minimum, high crit DMG (>170), DPS> 1350.
My gear is Manajuma, Zumimassa, Vile ward, Lacuni , and rares.. I have trouble playing MP 6 +. What am I doing wrong?
Edited by Theo54#1905 on 9/7/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Please help me, how's my gear? Does it work for bats should I use bears? Which is better for paragon farming? Where should I farm paragon levels, and what my level should I do it on based on my gear? What's the best build for paragon levels and should I have a ruby in my helm for it?
I want to see a video of a really good WD in action so I know if it is going to be worth it to upgrade much more. I only play MP10.
I could use a little help. I'm pretty knew to WD. This is me so far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malahk-1989/hero/810246

I also have a chest piece and leg piece that will add 40k life but take away 37k dmg. So what is better? Having 1m ehp with lower dmg or 550k ehp with my current gear.

I'm mostly looking for gear/build that I can grind the Paragon levels with. Is my build sub-par for this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I also have about 200 million gold in the bank for any small upgrades.

Thanks all,

Malahk
View profile
09/07/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Theo54
My gear is Manajuma, Zumimassa, Vile ward, Lacuni , and rares.. I have trouble playing MP 6 +. What am I doing wrong?

For one thing, top bear docs didn't use darts/bears, and you don't have any boss killing skills e.g. hex, bbv, mass confusion. Suggest you look at the bear builds in the Builds and guides sticky at the top of the forum.
And using PtV isn't going to work with a bear build unless you supplement it with locusts (but that is beyond your abilities now).

You also have too much attack speed for a bear build, it's eating up your mana.. Craft bracers and loose the Lacunis. You don't need tri-frecta gloves. Craft those without AS. No AS on rings. Crit on the helm for damage.

Read the advice in this post to learn how to buy gear and use D3up.com. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9881948595?page=2#24
View profile
09/07/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Morgaric
Please help me, how's my gear? Does it work for bats should I use bears? Which is better for paragon farming? Where should I farm paragon levels, and what my level should I do it on based on my gear?

Your gear should work for whatever build you want to run, however you are somewhat light on defense and DPS.

I would shoot for 550 allres, 4000+ armor, 65K + HP as a baseline to get your defenses up for MP10. Also, and at the same time, push your DPS as high as you can ( while managing attack speed).

Your MP level should be between 6-9 depending on how good of a doc you are.

The last advice I would give you is if you want to be a student of CoB, see PaulNG's CoB guide in the Builds and Guides sticky at the top of the forum.

If you don't already use D3up.com, I highly recommend it as a very good EHP/mitigation/DPS/gear calculator.
View profile
09/07/2013 12:14 PMPosted by DrFish
I want to see a video of a really good WD in action so I know if it is going to be worth it to upgrade much more. I only play MP10.

Go up into the builds and guides stick and find PaulNG's CoB Guide. Plenty of videos in there plus explanation's of what he is doing.
View profile
I could use a little help. I'm pretty knew to WD. This is me so far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malahk-1989/hero/810246

I also have a chest piece and leg piece that will add 40k life but take away 37k dmg. So what is better? Having 1m ehp with lower dmg or 550k ehp with my current gear.

First you need to pick a build to use because what you are showing will not get you very far. Look at Cloud of Bats, Plague Bats, Bear Builds, and Zero dog builds in the Builds and Guides sticky at the top of the forum.

Once you decide on a build then you gear for it. I suggest you try them out and find what you like.
First you need to pick a build to use because what you are showing will not get you very far. Look at Cloud of Bats, Plague Bats, Bear Builds, and Zero dog builds in the Builds and Guides sticky at the top of the forum.

Once you decide on a build then you gear for it. I suggest you try them out and find what you like.

I'll look in to that. Thank you
I literally just got to 60 and i have crap gear and no build, i would take any recommendations, Thanks
hello, ive been hard at work researching how to make a good WD and i thought mine was pretty decent but i die in 3 hits from the first zombies on act 1 on MP10. on mp5 i can hunt much better but i die in one hit from king leoric. the main problem seems to be eHP but i have no idea how to increase that even more.

Attacks per second: 1.8
CHC: 43.5%
CHD: 275%
AR: 648-678
Armor: 3252
damage reduction from armor 52.5%

ive got 84million gold and 5.57USD. can someone help me gear up to take on the highest MP possible?
@Prete
you are on the right track, starting with zuni set.
crafting:
Keep crafting,
1. bracers can have all resist, 6cc, high vital / int
2. craft better gloves, ammy

purchase:
1. mojo can have 10 cc with higher DMG. A frog mojo (Things of the Deep) with high DMG, INT and Vital should not be expensive
2. your pants need all resist. Get a better rare pants with all resist, 2 sockets, high int + vital, high armor

Read:
Firebat build gear requirement from PaulNg document at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fifWy1Dx6WHJ8lbIkdRkbGGWaP3HQWAKEEv6_DWPjDM/pub

Come back if u have any other question.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/7/2013 7:06 PM PDT
how much life steal would you think is the point for a 1 hand and Offhand?
@OHpresser,
armor and all resist are low for mp 10.

1. bracers need all resist, keep crafting
2. inna pants with 11 all resist is not doing any good. Buy rare pants with high armor, all resist, high vital + int,
3. try to get witching hour belt with high vital/int, all resist and/or armor.

I haven't checked the AH...

Build change suggestion:
Change horrify to Frightening Aspect (FA) rune. FA armor buff will help u. If u wanna get mana, change Locust to Devouring Swarm rune.
Also I suggest you change blood ritual to spirit vessel to get 2nd life.

afterall, you don't have to start at mp 10 to para-level your toon. Dps lower than 150k is not recommended for that. Don't let it become your obstacle for the bigger goal.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/7/2013 7:37 PM PDT
09/07/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Backtrack
how much life steal would you think is the point for a 1 hand and Offhand?

1h weapon can give u 3% lifesteal max.
I personally only buy 3% 1hand lifesteal weapon. I don't even look at anything lower.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]