Diablo® III

Need help? Post your build/gear question here

Should I just roll crafted shoulders until I get decent int with allresist and +life%? My current shoulders are not bad, but thorns and +health to globes seems pretty meh compared to other things. I've been doing mp8 pretty well to farm essences.
Yea u should try and keep crafting. U Got nice int and vit but no armor no allrsist and that's one of the main spots to grab ehp.
View profile
Hey, I am kinda in need of some advice as well, I have no idea what I should replace :S I have an Andriels Visage that gives me 11000+ damage, but it would break the set, so I figured I would get a string of skulls to replace my frog; is this the wrong idea/is there a better use of my money?

Thanks.
Hey Luffy, i have spent more than i can afford on my WD, i wanna run bats without running outta mana with the highest DPS outage as possible, any suggestions of what skills and passives would work best without buying any more gear as im now broke as a joke. cheers.
First, thank you for the well deserved criticism.

I am trying one of your builds: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8891580088#1.

The only change I've made is PS/SV to GI. I felt with my gear bonus of +38 radius, GI is better, especially for group runs.

Have you found a better build for high AS / Bonus radius?

update, mp6, accidently fought 2 groups of elites + adds, prevailed, no death.
I kept making mistakes, need more practice with new keys, awesome build !
Edited by Theo54#1905 on 9/9/2013 7:24 AM PDT
Well add one more to the list.

What should my next upgrade be? Looking mostly for DPS. i find i can tank fairly well in random group mp6-8 but it takes ages to kill anything..

Ive got roughly 20 mill to play with right now.

My first thoguht was a chc tal rasha amulet but those things are just insanely priced..

I was thinking maybe rare bracers? Or getting a better set of laccuni.

I also plan to keep trying to craft better gloves and shoulders. (i more just do 1-2 sets a night depending on how much gold i pick up while running)
Edited by Redzone#1566 on 9/9/2013 8:41 AM PDT
Okay, I have a few items on my character now. I was planning on running Zombie Bears (ZB), but I am not sure how viable that is anymore. I think I needed Pick up Radius (PuR) and thought that was really expensive to get anywhere except on a Thing of the Deep (TotD) so I went with the 1-h weap over the Skorn.

Is there any suggestions on a build I should use or why I should abandon Zombie Bears for the Fire Bats?
@fingrknitter
good that you keep a full zuni set.
quite a few things you can upgrade from here:
craft shoulders for more vital, ammy to get crit chance, bracers to get all resist..and finally a better gloves
buy zuni helm for 6cc, witch hours with more vital, better pants, a knife with socket, ...

You are on the right track.
09/09/2013 12:18 AMPosted by SALUTE666
broke as a joke

SALUTE666:
No purchase?
Then...
replace your helm red gem to a purple one.. your vital is too low to start with.
armor abit low. all resist ok for now.

Your 254k DPS looks good..but if u run out of mana, you basically have 0 DPS.
Thats why we need zuni set.

This build will give you more damage output. Use spider to refill mana.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bcYdUQ!UYT!bbbaZZ

Buy a zuni chest when u have gold.
@Theo54
WoS and bear are already the best range attack skills you can get. (I am looking forward for some better one form xpac)
The build looks good.
@Redzone
you need more all resist.
Craft shoulders, bracers, ammy, gloves to get upgrades.
purchase:
buy better pox with cc, witching hour belt with high CD, int, vital (maybe with all resist)
buy a better pants/boots with all resist and high vital.
See what you can get with your budget.
If you can get anything decent, save the gold till you have a better budget for it.
@Alpha
Bear is still one of the best skills we have.
I think Firebat is easier to deal with high density mobs.
Some WD brothers use both skills at the same time and doing great.
It really depends on your playstyle.

I like PB bats for safe play. Thats what I am doing for my hardcore WD now (still grinding at low levels). Not as close as CoB and have distance like bear.

If you only use CoB, you dont need PUR on gear.
TotD is really a must have mojo for WD.
That's mojo we use for speed run/search in low mp levels. Something corresponding to TR build for monk.

I dont see any problem with your current CoB build.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/9/2013 11:19 AM PDT
I just started playing again and i started to re gear my WD so i can beat inferno but idn if im running the right build or gearing

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Allrong-1763/hero/2130786
@Allrong
You have the right start, having a full zuni set.
For now, you may want to turn some yellow gems to purple to get more vital.

Keep grinding at low mp levels for crafting materials.
You can get good upgrades just by crafting shoulders, ammy, bracers, gloves...
Buy a better pants (or just farm one.)
When getting a skorn upgrade, get one at least with 5.6% lifesteal.

Without any pickup radius on gear, this build may work better for you:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gcidXU!Tfc!ZcZaYZ
(you need more vital to survive well without vessel passive)

This is what I am currently doing in hardcore...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/32760819
(guess what, I can handle MP 3 comfortably, no death ;)

For more build requirement, see Paulng's document at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fifWy1Dx6WHJ8lbIkdRkbGGWaP3HQWAKEEv6_DWPjDM/pub

Come back if you have anymore questions.
the post i was replying to was already answered by mr luffy.
Edited by EvoIution#1710 on 9/9/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Hi,

I have met a barrier with my WD. Cant see to climb over 150k-ish dmg without spending 500.000.000 gold. Wich i dont have. I have about 8.000.000 gold and perhaps 40.000.000 more to put out on ah. (Hate the 10 items active on ah limit). I do have a lot of crating materials.

What would you say would be my main focus? I am trying to find descent gear with +pick up radius som that i can start using gruesome feast. Seems awsesome from the flicks i have seen on youtube.
I got loads of CD but need more CS. What would be easist for me to replace to get more? Craft some bracers? I love my prowlers becasue of the movement speed and ias. But the have bad stats otherwise.

I am have problems with Life leech / life on hit.. Must use vampire bats to survive for the time beeing.
LL costs sooo much money, could i craft something that might turn out ok?

I dont want a glas-canon, wanna be able to survive a little bit more, perhaps for the cost of a little lower dps.

Didnt notice that this was the US forum. The link to my profile doesnt work.
Here is the direct link http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Marusha-2862/hero/14042295

//Marusha
@marusha

ok lets start with ur build. i know u said ur using the bats for the life leech rune. but the dps for the mana cost is to much, if u wanna stay with bats u need to try out cob or plague bats.

either drop ghost bomb or pestilence for a crowd control spell like hex:jinx or mass confusion:paranoia. or for big bad vodoo for extra dps.

try using dogs instead of the gargantuan they help tank better imo and the runes help u take less damage. i would also try to drop peice the veil and add in either circle of life or spirt vessel. if u use circle of life u could drop the garg and dogs from ur bar and add in hex or bbv or mass confusion there.

craft bracers. u can gain a huge amount of dps and ehp from nice crafted bracers that will be better than them lucanis and alot cheaper than buying upgradeds at ur bracer spot.

maybe try to find rare pants with like 50 int and over 100 vit all resist armor and 2 sockets. that will be a huge ehp gain without much of a dps drop.

also look at maybe getting a witching hour instead of that black thorns belt.
View profile
@fingrknitter
good that you keep a full zuni set.
quite a few things you can upgrade from here:
craft shoulders for more vital, ammy to get crit chance, bracers to get all resist..and finally a better gloves
buy zuni helm for 6cc, witch hours with more vital, better pants, a knife with socket, ...

You are on the right track.

Hey thanks man :D

SALUTE666:
No purchase?
Then...
replace your helm red gem to a purple one.. your vital is too low to start with.
armor abit low. all resist ok for now.

Your 254k DPS looks good..but if u run out of mana, you basically have 0 DPS.
Thats why we need zuni set.

This build will give you more damage output. Use spider to refill mana.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bcYdUQ!UYT!bbbaZZ

Buy a zuni chest when u have gold.

bloody legend, can face roll and kill mp9 elites very very smoothly and within 7 to 8 seconds, mp10 a little slower but easily manageable, the extra mana regen is noticeable and helps a lot. Also the back up of the spiders is a nice touch, well done mate appreciated.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]