Diablo® III

Need help? Post your build/gear question here

Thanks for your reply Evolution.
I have allready done some upgrades. Bought a descent witching hour. And tried to craft some bracers without luck.
I normally use big bad voodoo. (instead of gargatuan)

I have about 650% res, not very much life, and litle LoH, Life leech. If i change the rune for my bats, i will not survive, since i will not regain enough health.
Try to find a Skorn with Life leech (steal) on It? Pitty they are so darn expansive when you want that.

//Marusha
@Marusha
Yes, you definitely need Life steal skorn. Get something with 5.6 lifesteal at least.
Meanwhile, some quick fix for now:
craft a bracers to replace your Lacuni, get high vital, all resist, 6cc and armor hopefully
Use grusome feast passive skill to replace PtV passive.
Replace all the gems from yellow to purple.

I personally prefer firebomb:Pyrogeist more than Ghost bomb for slow attack build like skorn build.
Just throw one and it will hit multiple targets for you, independent of your attack speed.
In general after u taking out the Lacuni and PtV passive, you can use firebat as your primary attack skill...mana will last a very long time at that attack speed.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/9/2013 6:38 PM PDT
HI, I've been trying to get my DPS up (at least past 200K). I figured I would need to increase my critical chance wherever possible, but its just so expensive from what I see. What other suggestions could you offer me?
@ted

Try ur luck at crafting.

Bracers. U will lose u move speed but with decent crafted bracers u will gains a huge dps and ehp buff. Look for 200+ int vit armor all resist and cc. That a big upgrade for u.

Gloves u can craft and if u luck out u can roll similar gloves with higher int and higher CD for a big dps buff.

Shoulder same thing ur craft can give u what u have just better. Look for high int vit armor all resist and possibly life %.

Them upgrades can give u a real nice dps boost and ehp boost with spending minimal money.
been trying to imrpove my gear what should i improve? help me out. thanks
09/09/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Backtrack

you can upgrade all the gems to marquise,
bracers 6cc,
craft a better ammy,
a better pox with ave. damage,
SoJ ring,
a even better mojo,
a better sword with higher Crit Dmg....etc.

all are only very minor upgrades, and may cost some serious gold

To make the dps look even better, some IAS/trifecta gear have to be used at this point.
Trifecta gloves,
trifecta ring/pox,
inna pants with high INT.

Mana management will be trickier with increase in attack speed.
View profile
Ok, I got the new mojo and it bumped my damage up by 25% with the use of the helm I found; I feel like upgrading my belt is going to have to be largely armor/vitality based but I don't have the plans for any craftable belts, what belts should I look for on AH for vitality, armor and resis?
Edited by fingrknitter#1794 on 9/9/2013 11:09 PM PDT
i got an SOJ ring which i switch too i was thinking about getting trifectas but i dont know if i can maintain the Attack speed without losing mana management. i am currently at 1.51 IAS

09/09/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Luffy

you can upgrade all the gems to marquise,
bracers 6cc,
craft a better ammy,
a better pox with ave. damage,
SoJ ring,
a even better mojo,
a better sword with higher Crit Dmg....etc.

all are only very minor upgrades, and may cost some serious gold

To make the dps look even better, some IAS/trifecta gear have to be used at this point.
Trifecta gloves,
trifecta ring/pox,
inna pants with high INT.

Mana management will be trickier with increase in attack speed.
09/09/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Backtrack
but i dont know if i can maintain the Attack speed without losing mana management.

I have no mana issue running w/ 3 ias pieces
On EU so my link is:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zarasi-2991/hero/11575515

Looking for gear upgrade advice if anyone wants to pitch in. Budget is 500 million.

I was thinking of a Litany for 50-70m (+1.5k dps, -2k hp, +0.5% prot) as a replacement for my rare ring. I could opt for a 5 - 5.5% Zuni Vision w/ 270~ Int (6%'s are very expensive) which would cost about 150m - 200m depending what's available (+5k/+6k dps). I've been trying hard to get upgrades for shoulder, bracers, gloves and ammy from crafting but I'm not having much luck so was debating on a TR's Allegiance which would be about 250m for a good one (+10k dps but not sure if the AH comparison includes bonus elemental damage, +4k hp but lose about 5% dodge).

Thought I'd check in with others though in case I'm maybe missing something or there's a better route I should take. Gems I'm not really interested in, not enough DPS return on 62's/58's compared to how much they cost over 54's. Thanks in advance
09/09/2013 11:06 PMPosted by fingrknitter
Ok, I got the new mojo and it bumped my damage up by 25% with the use of the helm I found; I feel like upgrading my belt is going to have to be largely armor/vitality based but I don't have the plans for any craftable belts, what belts should I look for on AH for vitality, armor and resis?

craft shoulders and bracers with all resist,
craft a better ammy with crit chance,
get a knife with socket..
for belt, witching hour is the best bet. The craft belt is not as good.

For your build, replace ptv passive with grusome feast.
@zarasi
undaunted ring will help.
I suggest you save gold for a Skorn upgrade to get higher lifesteal and keep crafting ammy.
Hopefully u can get a Skorn with 5.6% LS minimum
Your armor is a bit low. Try to get armor > 3500. A good rare pants will help.
keep crafting... I think u are on the right track.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/10/2013 2:11 PM PDT
View profile
09/10/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Luffy

craft shoulders and bracers with all resist,
craft a better ammy with crit chance,
get a knife with socket..
for belt, witching hour is the best bet. The craft belt is not as good.

For your build, replace ptv passive with grusome feast.

Ok great thanks :) I will try that out in a couple hours :D
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bear-6336/hero/28897748

My WD so far, any suggestion on the gear to improve the DPS? Currently killing pretty slow on MP4+.

Thank you.
@bear,
Gear:
1. get a better zuni helm with crit chance (best at 6cc)
2. craft bracers to get 6cc (+all resist)
3. craft shoulders to get all resist
4. get a pox ring with crit chance (best at 6cc)
5. get a higher dps skorn with at least 5.6 lifesteal, 170cd..
6. continue to craft and get a better ammy after the above.

Build:
use this build instead:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcdUYQ!eYT!ZcaZbb
see if you like it better.
Thanks so much, will start looking and crafting the gear you suggest.
@bear
do try the build. Do some runs at comfortable mp level. Farm more DEs and enjoy the game.
Skorn user, having slow attack speed, should not use spiders for mana. Too slow.
Hi Luffy, appreciate what you do for the players of our community!

I have no real direction in my build and what to aim for when buying items. I only recently hit 2m gold from farming. Considering the items I currently have, would you be able to suggest a build for me when playing in group and or solo.

Pretty much the way I play is:
dogs to tank
Grasp to slow mobs
Soul harvest the mob for increased intel
4 dire bats - run out of mana
Widow Makers until mana is back
Grasp to slow
Then Dire Bats and widow makers til mob gone

One day I'd like to go COB build, but I don't have enough gold to make that kind kind of set to be successful.

Thanks
Edited by ryanYOLO#6153 on 9/10/2013 10:50 PM PDT
09/10/2013 10:49 PMPosted by ryanYOLO
One day I'd like to go COB build, but I don't have enough gold to make that kind kind of set to be successful.

You will need to start somewhere, and now is always a good time to start (rather than later). You can begin with cheap yellow or blue items. Grab a Skorn with lifesteal (doesn't need to be Intel Skorn at the beginning). Focus on CHC/CHD on other gear slots. Get 4-pc Zuni, and keep your APS at 1.18 or below.

As you upgrade in your long journey of loot and paragon farming, you can crank up the MP level.

I just sniped a Dex Skorn 1134 DPS for you, cost me 105k, but I'll just give it to you anyway. Add me in-game:
1134 DPS, 301 Dex, 179% CHD, 5.2% LS.
Edited by PaulNg#6869 on 9/11/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Quick question, I have a SoJ with reduced cost to CoB. Should I sell it if it is in fact worth anything, or hold onto it. It allows me to spam CoB pretty easily but my paper dps goes up nicely with other rings.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]