Diablo® III

Need help? Post your build/gear question here

09/11/2013 01:09 AMPosted by mattbw
Quick question, I have a SoJ with reduced cost to CoB. Should I sell it if it is in fact worth anything, or hold onto it.

Keep it in your stash, against Ubers, and later stages of gearing. In the meantime, you need to get your CHC and CHD much higher. Getting frequent critical ticks help a lot in survival.
Just wondering if this setup will work?

Currently with my gear/skill setup I can farm MP10 fine
however... I am considering switching out my zuni helm with a cc giyua so I can switch out spirit attunement to another passive.

Any thoughts?
@ryanYOLO,
here you go:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377379828#1
Just wondering if this setup will work?

Currently with my gear/skill setup I can farm MP10 fine
however... I am considering switching out my zuni helm with a cc giyua so I can switch out spirit attunement to another passive.

Any thoughts?

you can do that. best with a 6cc firebat bonus Giyua mask.
However, both zuni helm and SA passive give you extra max. mana.
You will feel the difference when sometimes u need to restart CoB more frequently.
You may wanna try getting rid of bloody ritual instead to see which one is better for u
I just decided to dust off my WD (been playing CM wiz forever). My WD was plvl'd, so I didn't get to learn all of the skills like I would have if I leveled him normally.

I am using a lot of my Wizard gear with a few WD specific additions. I have tried CoB build, but think I may have too much attack speed or am doing it wrong (run out of mana too quick). Just messed around with some plague bats as well, but as you all know the DPS output isn't that great for them.

Based on my current gear set, I was wondering if a veteran WD could recommend which build I should tryout... or if there are any major flaws with my gear that need to be addressed.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Luffy...I just sent you a friend request - You must of removed me after I hadn't been online a while :) not sure if you remember me.
Hello, new to the forum, I love what I'm seeing in the posts so I figured hey this is a good place to start.

I've gotten through mp5 just fine though now I find, especially in group games, that I get straight OWNED by almost everything.

To be honest, I think my health, just under 40k is a bit low (but am unsure), mana and regen is fine, but there is something I'm definitely doing wrong as I'm at less than 20% health most times.

Thanks again for any and all help, my setup on the profile is the one I am currently using, though I'm not wild about locust swarm.
@XISANGRY
Hi!
My friendlist was so full I may have removed you from my list. Sorry about that.
It sounds like your attack speed is too high for you. Lower it will help. Your high speed chest piece is tricky to play with.
plague bats are not good for you as it need more pick-up radius for GI passive to work well.
gear:
1. Try a bifecta gloves instead and/or a good bifecta ammy (get a bifecta tal ammy to get fire bonus).
2. if u go for a bifecta ammy, you may have to get some purple gem on other sockets to maintain good vital level.

Build:
1. try to use rain dance rune for BBV (instead of slam dance)
2. if still struggle with mana, replace Gruesome feast to blood ritual
3. if you have problem dealing with reflect elites, replace hex to Horrify:frightening aspect rune.

Play style:
you are not the only one using tal chest running at your attack speed.
Their play style is key to their success also.
1. use locust to lure all the mobs to u. Try to avoid restarting CoB channels. Chasing mob using CoB is bad.
2. farm in high density mob area. Lure the white trash to the elites and kill them together. The melees are good mana source (mana after kill from zuni set)
3 go farming with a good pull/cyclone strike/group support monk. They helps alot.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/11/2013 12:45 PM PDT
@Tiberiyas
You need a lifesteal skorn to survive! You also need a complete set of zuni.
Use this build for now:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#chUYdj!YTe!ZaZbac
put purple gems on your sockets.
If you get owned, farm at lower mp level games.

Once you get a lifesteal Skorn, change your build to this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#chUYdj!YTe!caZbac
Use locust to lure the mob to u. Don't chase them
Let them walk to u and u try to kill them all using CoB, standing at one spot.

See first post on WD quick start guide on this thread.
i seem to have hit a wall:( first off i must have switched an item as i had 1.09 attack speed last night and 1.08 today :( i seem to have traded 39k dps for 114k ehp unbuffed without dogs out, and still find myself farming mp5 at highest, can do key runs etc in mp7 relatively easy but looking to farm out xp faster and anything over 5 is slowww

http://d3up.com/b/590104/weft in the past

http://d3up.com/b/1053224/weft now

i have a stone of jordan with 29% elite damage and 110 mana or some such i found today, and i sold my carving knife and offhand for about 35-40 million, hoping someone can point me in the right direction, currently thinking i should try to craft bracers
dps wise looks like critical hit > elemental damage > all (leaving as 1.09 assumption)

as an edit i switch out locust swarm for bears occasionally good or bad
Edited by weft#1375 on 9/11/2013 1:06 PM PDT
@weft
your all resist and vital are low.
dps can be better.
putting on your soj, you lose even more all-resist and vital from ur rare ring....may not a good idea for now.

Gear:
1. Get a higher dps skorn (1300+, 5.6 lifesteal, high crit dmg)
2. get a pants with all resist, high vital and int, 2 socket, high armor.
3. craft bracers with cc and all resist.

Build:
Life-link dog gives you 10% extra ehp. Keep them alive.
you can get mana somewhere else.
see if you like this build better:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcUdiY!eTY!ZcZaZb
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/11/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Luffy, thanks for the spec and the advice, I'm assuming a 'full set' of Zuni is the 4 piece set bonus?

I'm trying to find some lifesteal somewhere without breaking my bank.

You think I should replace ALL my Topaz w/ Purple gems or just a few?
Luffy, thanks for the spec and the advice, I'm assuming a 'full set' of Zuni is the 4 piece set bonus?

I'm trying to find some lifesteal somewhere without breaking my bank.

You think I should replace ALL my Topaz w/ Purple gems or just a few?

1. full set of zuni = 4 pieces. For a skorn build u need zuni helm, chest, pox ring and boots.
2. Lifesteal is a must. Get one with 5.6 lifesteal, > 1300 dps, >170 crit dmg.. or sth close to fit your budget.
3. With your current HP, I think you need all gems to be in purple, just to make it more playable.
4. again, see the first post of this thread for a WD quickstart guide.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9881948595#1
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/11/2013 6:42 PM PDT
ok so i have regeared to a skorn and ive crafted a more decent bracer.

ive got ~700 resists
~35% cc
~400% CHD
~3700armor

what do i have to do now?
@OHpresser

First and foremost, more health.

Your shoulders, pants, and chest all should have high base vit (in addition to Int, AR, and hopefully armor). Your chest has at least some, so should be the lowest priority of the three, but your shoulders and pants completely lack vit, and this is a major problem for you.

For your dps, look to upgrade your helm to one with CC (once you upgrade your shoulders and pants, you'll be able to afford losing some vit from your helm).

Look into an emerald instead of a ruby for your Skorn. With slow attack/high crit, an emerald will likely out-perform a ruby.
looking for any advice i can get on my wd , i am currently running mp-3 because i have recently returned after a very long abscence from the game due to boredom ! thanks all
@padas
start with getting a compete set of zuni. and crafting better gear.
See quickstart guide on the first post
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9881948595?page=1
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/12/2013 7:27 AM PDT
should i get a zunni strings and replace chest with tal rasha ? 9%
Just starting to play my WD again after a few months break while leveling my barb. I'd like to shoot for farming MP8. Please give some advise... thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jackal-1503/hero/29008394
09/12/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Backtrack
should i get a zunni strings and replace chest with tal rasha ? 9%

Am I going to recommend anyone to use a high speed low Ehp chest?
Officially, I won't recommend anyone to use that.

However, if you can handle the mana with increased attack speed, maintain a good playable EHP for mp 10, it's not a bad idea. The increased attack spd will be 1.764, not bad. The fire bonus is sweet.

A lot of high DPS build use that combination and it seems to work pretty well.
@jackal
your all-resist looks good. Vital is abit low.

gear:
bracers need all-resist
Continue to craft gloves to get Crit. Dmg,
craft shoulders and ammy to get upgrades.

Build:
Firebomb + VQ passive is good for extra mana. However, firebomb itself is weak in dmg.
GI passive is recommended to get skill cooldown reduction for CoB for farming.
Try this build for farming:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#YcdUih!eTY!bbaZZZ

PB bats can give you range and damage.
The lifelink dogs will give you extra 10% EHP and tank mob in the front.
2nd life is a good thing to have.
You should be able to do mp 8/9 no problem.. (well, may need to use some purple gems instead for now if your WD die too often.)
Hope you like the build.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/12/2013 5:52 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]