Diablo® III

Begginer Wizard with gold needs help.

Hi,

I've just started my Wizard character and reached level 60. Now I would like to build a really good one. My question is what build is the best (faster) for farming (mainly experience). Gold is not an issue as I was able to reach a hefty amount with the help of my Barb. It will also be great if I can get a reference to a good build guide in these forums.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
09/09/2013 01:47 PMPosted by zappa
I was able to reach a hefty amount

Show me the money!!! (i.e. how much)

A "hefty amount" is relative.....and will definitely affect the types of responses that you're going to get.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 9/9/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pie - I have few billions. I obviously do not want to spend it all (at the moment my main is a Barb with 370K DPS). Just build a good toon that can farm inferno easily (mp5 and above).

I should also mention that I am looking for an ëasy" build. One that does not require a lot of effort to control. I am usually working after work and I am completely knocked by then.... (-:
Edited by zappa#2442 on 9/9/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, even just a few hundred million will comfortably get you in the "mid-level" that i mention in my guide. The guide is linked below. But these are the stats that you can be looking for.

Mid Level
Attack Speed: 2.73
Crit Chance: 45-50
Armor: 4,500
All resist: 700
Total damage reduction (%mit): 87% (or any combination of All res and Armor to get this)
Hit points: 35,000+
DPS: 80-150K
Suggested MP: 5-7
LoH: 800 to 1,200 for 100,000 DPS
18-20 APOC
Gear cost: between 50M and 500M)
Note: This is a very good place to get to; Gearing gets very difficult and expensive after this.

Here are some snapshots of my gear,...from a long time ago, lol.
d3up.com/b/430852/galinda
d3up.com/b/488406/galinda

they should be a good guide for what you might be shooting for at this time.....if you don't want to break the bank (by spending over 1B)
Reply Quote
Pie - very helpful - thanks mate. I understand that this is the build you recommend for farming...

btw - loh? Really? For Barbs above 200K dps its only life steal.
Reply Quote
Check my items just to get an idea, it's not the perfect build or items but I breeze thru mp5 (I don't know why it still shows hydra as secondary, just use frost nova with deep freeze rune).

The whole idea is to keep archon up since each mob you kill is +1 second to the duration, cooldown starts as soon as you use it (120secs) and crits while on archon also lowers it cooldown (because of the critical mass passive) . If you fail to kill a pack or die and have archon on cooldown Frost Nova (Deep Freeze) + Shock Pulse (Living Lightning) mobs to crit and lower the cooldown fast.

That's pretty much it. Item wise is around what I've got, if you can afford a crit mempo use that instead of andy (andy is 100x cheaper tho), Lacuni instead of my yellow crap and the rest it's the same but with better rolls :p
Reply Quote
View profile
hahaha. yeah, one step back.

What I suggested is for CM/SNS. Daemon is talking about archon. Completely different builds.

Not sure which is the best...but CM is alot of fun and great for group play. Archon isn't bad either...you can check out Jaetch's video on youtube for a guide there. Archon is really expensive to gear for the higher MP's. It won the gold star for EXP farming before the last patch....it could just fly through low MP's and mop up the experience. But with the last patch, when the increased the EXP for the higher MP's, its been a little more beneficial do just do high MP's. If you are already playing in a group with a CM, then playing archon could be nice.

And, yes, LoH and not LS, lol. LS is good for a CM wiz but only when you get above about 200k DPS. Below that, LoH works the best. You just don't generate enough DPS below 200k DPS for LS to work well enough.

Edited by PieHole#1628 on 9/9/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, Archon for anything above MP6-7 to farm decently is expensive.
I can actually play with my friends with archon build now with the last patch that added the extra seconds on assists too.
I tested the CM/SNS on my wiz before with budget equipment on low MP, it was fun to play but damn my hand started to hurt :p
Reply Quote
how about an on steroids wormhole disintegrate hydra blizard build?

if you can get your blizard and hydra to basically 1 shot white mobs at say mp5 then you will be absolutely flying through levels and i mean seriously flying. See a mob in the distance thow a bliz and hydra out and move on don't even bother getting to the mob they will die no need for your input, and anything that crosses your path gets disintegrated and you just wormhole around like that zoom zoom.

but i cast my vote for an mp5-7 archon build where you gear up to handle mp7 but play in mp5 with the teleport archon rune and wormhole in your down time.
Reply Quote
Here's the link to Jaetch's archon guide:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793089550

I think I spent about 500m to be able to get through MP6-7 fairly easily for archon. After that, as everyone else has mentioned, it gets really expensive.
Reply Quote
Thanks everybody. Question: I want to try both before deciding with what to go. Do they require completely different sets of equipment?
Reply Quote
That's...hard to answer. You can theoretically use SNS gear for archon, but it doesn't work as well as dedicated archon gear. Archon wizards are generally chasing sheet dps and ehp, whereas SNS wizards have several different breakpoints that they need to hit, and getting to those breakpoints comes at the cost of sheet dps. At very high gear levels for SNS, you could probably do it, but at starter level it won't work well.

I'd make a cheap SNS set and see if you like it, then do the same thing for Archon. No one can tell you what you are going to enjoy, so try them out for yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]