Diablo® III

Imperius vs diablo

In the act IV cinematic when they fight where were the other to members of the council why did they not ad him in the fight as I'm sure they could have sence diablo as well.
Reply Quote
We will never know :0
Reply Quote
MVP - Reddit Diablo
View profile
Both Itheral and Auriel are not as fight-centric as Imperius is. Perhaps they sensed the danger and tried to marshall Heaven's forces while Imperius held them off. Or perhaps Imperius told them to not interfere because this was probably the first real fight he'd be involved in for quite a while. He is proud and most likely didn't want anyone else to steal his valor.
Reply Quote
A more prudent question, and one with an obvious answer, is this:

Why didn't Imperius wait for another archangel to assist him? Tbh I find imperius to be tactically retarded, as strategists go, they'd probably have been better off putting the then-sane Malthael in charge of military matters for most of the Diablo storyline. Imperius is so brash and imupulsive that his bravery and valor are kind of pointless.
Reply Quote
Imperious probably had no idea just what he was in store for. It wouldn't be the first time angels and demons fought, and that goes for those in the Angeris Council and the Prime Evils. I'd wager Imperious thought he could have held off Diablo for much longer than he actually did. He also seems like the only angel fit for combat, while the others perform administrative roles.

I'd like to know how one angel is the source of Hope. Like, what? "Hey, you can do eeet!!" She was good at stating the blatantly obvious...

Also when you think about the traits of Imperious, it's exactly a similar style to that of the Prime Evils - lots and lots of arrogance
Reply Quote
Imperious probably had no idea just what he was in store for. It wouldn't be the first time angels and demons fought, and that goes for those in the Angeris Council and the Prime Evils. I'd wager Imperious thought he could have held off Diablo for much longer than he actually did. He also seems like the only angel fit for combat, while the others perform administrative roles.

Tyrael seems like fighting stuff as well ;) Of course when he's actually around.

By the way- Imperious should still be more cautious. After all we've seen him engaging Diablo and losing already (in this animated movie released some time ago), so surely he isn't brightest one...
Reply Quote
Imperius was most likely strengthened because he was within the realm of Heaven and close to the source of the Angel's life giving power - the Crystal Arch. While Diablo was stepping into Heaven, and outside the powers of Hell, so normally I'm sure he would have been weaker than he normally would be. So Imperious probably saw this like Diablo was easy pickings considering they seem to be evenly matched in combat. Although, Imperius didn't expect (and how could he) that all the Lords of Hell were combined into one immensely powerful demonic being.
Edited by SteelFaith#1501 on 9/25/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]