Diablo® III

WoL/Nirvana – Set Winner!!!

First, I want to clarify this set is built around Nirvana/WoL, and using the spec below for play. The set would work fine with the Wall of Light rune rather than Pillar of the Ancients rune as well, along with a passive change or two.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UdXYek!YVX!bbYcca

The set has an approximate value of $100,000,000 gold counting the gems. I have no problem rolling MP5. I can do MP6 with the set fairly comfortably, and MP7 is doable, but a bit tough. The sheet dps for this set is a lack luster BUT, observe the following from D3rawr for a better idea….(I understand it’s on a paragon 100 toon)

Total Damage: 336892
Damage Range: 85371 - 134935
269772 - 426394 crit

It is quite powerful - so much so that I was surprised when I first played the set. The attack speed is incredible for dropping pillars. They pound so fast, I can’t even tell how many are actually hitting. It seems like it’s at least 20 or 30 per round. Needless to say, you'll be laying out TONS of hurt.

Anyway, here are a few of the requisites to be eligible for the giveaway.
1. Have less than 50k sheet dps.
2. Must be paragon 25, or less.
3. Must be capable of posting a video of game play to Youtube.
4. Prefer that you ‘pay it forward’ in the future.

Now, the details of how I will choose the recipient will be simple.

- First, post a small right up of why you play a Monk, and why it’s the best class. (Because they are….you know this to be true)
- Second, post a video of you playing with your current gears, with your current favorite build, in your favorite place. (keep ‘em short, less than a minute is fine)

I will choose a winner tomorrow night, 9/05/13 at 9pm mountain time based on your write ups, and videos. I am looking for creativity and outside the box thinking in both. Also worth noting, I will have some anonymous help in filtering through the responses and choosing the winner.

That’s it - - game on!

EDIT - the set can be viewed on my Paragon 100 Monk.
Edited by ErinD#1166 on 9/6/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 01:14 PMPosted by ErinD
$100,000,000 gold
That's almost 4500 pounds of gold! DAAAANNNNNGGG
Edited by SirNick#1744 on 9/4/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 01:54 PMPosted by SirNick
$100,000,000 gold
That's almost 4500 pounds of gold! DAAAANNNNNGGG

Indeed, and the winner will have to carry it brick by brick to the top of the highest Temple of Enlightenment. Monk style.
Reply Quote
kudos to you sir!

I think you'll need some time set aside so you can mentor the monk that'll receive this set ... nirvana style takes a bit of practice =)
Reply Quote
kudos to you sir!

I think you'll need some time set aside so you can mentor the monk that'll receive this set ... nirvana style takes a bit of practice =)

Absolutely. I will spend time with the winner. I've been a Monk since it all started, and have amassed a fair amount of knowledge worth sharing. I'll be happy to help, and I can post videos of me playing the set as well. I know the visual aid helps me get new builds and their play style down.

EDIT - Most stuff I've learned from generous other players - didn't mean to sound all fancy pants there.
Edited by ErinD#1166 on 9/4/2013 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No takers eh?
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 12:58 PMPosted by ErinD
No takers eh?

maybe load the gears up onto one of your char or link it up?
100 mil is actually a very decent set and with skill one can go up to mp10 to do CotA and mp8 for normal play
good luck with the giveaway =)
Reply Quote
I know I dont meet the requirements for your set and that's all fine and good with me.
I was curious if you could help me with gearing? I have 48mil (can get more if needed)

I left the game for a year for deployment and just got back into it, but I am completely lost, and on top of that Tempest Rush isn't a very "group friendly" spec.

Just let me know either here or via in game (bewbilicious#1363) if you can help me, if you can't and happen to know someone that does do this kinda thing that would be amazing as well.

kcco
bewbies
Reply Quote
I know I dont meet the requirements for your set and that's all fine and good with me.
I was curious if you could help me with gearing? I have 48mil (can get more if needed)

I left the game for a year for deployment and just got back into it, but I am completely lost, and on top of that Tempest Rush isn't a very "group friendly" spec.

Just let me know either here or via in game (bewbilicious#1363) if you can help me, if you can't and happen to know someone that does do this kinda thing that would be amazing as well.

kcco
bewbies

Of course I can help in any way I can. Just add me in game. I will say this, get busy crafting and/or collecting DE's to craft with. You need new bracers and shoulders and that's a good way to get em.

No takers eh?

maybe load the gears up onto one of your char or link it up?
100 mil is actually a very decent set and with skill one can go up to mp10 to do CotA and mp8 for normal play
good luck with the giveaway =)

All the gear is already on my Paragon 100 monk for your viewing pleasure.
Edited by ErinD#1166 on 9/5/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I fit the bill for this! Is the giveaway over? :(
Reply Quote
I am completely lost as to how to gear on my monk. :( Keep dying even on just MP0 Any tips?
Reply Quote
I will complete the giveaway tonight. And I can offer any help needed, anytime.

Just add me in game.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 05:46 PMPosted by ErinD
All the gear is already on my Paragon 100 monk for your viewing pleasure.

doh!
lol didn't see it at first

hmm that's an interesting approach to Nirvana,
I love the high speed of it but how about its sustain?
I see only 2.3 LS @ 43K dps and no LoH or LPSS
Is it more of a kill them first kinda build? How does it deal with reflects?

Anywho a great set and a bonus as it can be easily transition into ZDS with just a few gears/gems swamp
Reply Quote

hmm that's an interesting approach to Nirvana,
I love the high speed of it but how about its sustain?
I see only 2.3 LS @ 43K dps and no LoH or LPSS
Is it more of a kill them first kinda build? How does it deal with reflects?

Anywho a great set and a bonus as it can be easily transition into ZDS with just a few gears/gems swamp

It's solid as far as sustain, but it is certainly a dynamic, active play style to really be effective. Patience with reflect packs is key, I usually wait until they aren't reflecting or you have to make sure you pull large mobs together 'with' the reflect pack and it's a non-issue when you drop everything on 'em.

I have to play that same style with my main gear set as well, when running Nirvana/WoL. I usually only run single LS, or none at all if I take Transcendence.
Reply Quote
I feel like LoH would be better? You should try an ef off hand and azure as mh xD. Bell damage would be weak but aps would be incredible, which it already is.
Reply Quote
So it took me a couple days to figure out how to make videos and such, but I posted this as soon as I could get things arranged. My first ever videogame recording and my first post on the diablo forums all in the same package.

I'm a level 60 (paragon 1) monk named Arjuna with sheet DPS just under 15000

The monk is a great class, tons of damage, good survivability, and lots of fun references to eastern mystics. You can focus on healing, support, mitigation, or DPS and the variety of play styles really makes him shine. I have recently been playing with a tempest rush build, and love the speed and mobility of the spec. On my video I’ve shown one of my favorite levels down in the keep. Blitzing this area is a blast because the close quarters and maze-like design makes each new group of monsters a surprise. I’m currently working through inferno mode for the first time, and the last clip is me finishing up the hilt quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19ki2kpKV4
Edited by Polypeptides#1405 on 9/6/2013 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So it took me a couple days to figure out how to make videos and such, but I posted this as soon as I could get things arranged. My first ever videogame recording and my first post on the diablo forums all in the same package.

I'm a level 60 (paragon 1) monk named Arjuna with sheet DPS just under 15000

The monk is a great class, tons of damage, good survivability, and lots of fun references to eastern mystics. You can focus on healing, support, mitigation, or DPS and the variety of play styles really makes him shine. I have recently been playing with a tempest rush build, and love the speed and mobility of the spec. On my video I’ve shown one of my favorite levels down in the keep. Blitzing this area is a blast because the close quarters and maze-like design makes each new group of monsters a surprise. I’m currently working through inferno mode for the first time, and the last clip is me finishing up the hilt quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19ki2kpKV4

Very, very well done on all front. You my friend, are the winner! Add me in game so we can go over some stuff, and I'll give ya the gears! Nice work man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]