Diablo® III

What level are people finding first legendary

Now granted my time to play has been VERY limited to play...that will change this weekend...but...

I've just gotten to Halls of Agony and have only had I think one Yellow drop and no Legendaries or set pieces.

It sounds funny to complain at this point...but people posting that last few days sound like they are falling from the sky.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've got 3 60's worth of legs, if you can imagine how to measure that somehow.

Having said that, I've been through the low level stuff a few times and the earliest I've found a leg was level 16.

I assume you could potentially find one at level 6/8 what ever the lowest leg is.
Reply Quote
I believe I found my Leoric's signet at level 13. Dropped in the Northern Highlands. I may have been level 12. Either or.
Reply Quote
I've just gotten to Halls of Agony and have only had I think one Yellow drop and no Legendaries or set pieces.

It sounds funny to complain at this point...but people posting that last few days sound like they are falling from the sky.

i got my first legendary in act 2 but after that yeah it seems they are way more frequent =) and dont worry you will get it soon but no yellow ? are u sure ?

wait till youy get to nightmare it gets beter =) for someone that wants to play together add me psn: gregmeister666
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Most of the Diablo III console players I've been talking to have reported finding their first Legendary item in the middle of Act I, but seem to find two or three by the time they start Act II. Of course, it's still random so everyone's experience with this will vary.
Reply Quote
Wow. I can only imagine what that must feel like. Too bad I'm only playing the "lead" version on PC. First legendary drop was on my third alt, Act II, Nightmare. Level 9 legs. Huzzah.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I got my first at level 10 clicking on a Weapons Rack. Legendary two-handed axe. Unfortunately it was a loss in DPS and didn't provide much besides MS (which I already had a comfortable amount), so I stashed it for possible twinking purposes.

I then got a legendary ring off of the Butcher, which was awesome because it shot up both my DPS and EHP. Plus, it had bonus EXP per kill and MF! It's a great feeling getting cool items that upgrade you as you go along. I hope I'll be enjoying the same feeling come the long Inferno hours.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Monk
I found two legendaries, a mace and a sword, in Act I. Must be random cause a friend said he found 6 legendaries by the time he was 18.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/06/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Grimiku
Most of the Diablo III console players I've been talking to have reported finding their first Legendary item in the middle of Act I, but seem to find two or three by the time they start Act II. Of course, it's still random so everyone's experience with this will vary.

2 out of my 3 toons have gotten their first leg in Act 2. My wife has completed Act 1 twice on normal and she hasn't seen a leg until Act 2.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/06/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Jessine
I found two legendaries, a mace and a sword, in Act I. Must be random cause a friend said he found 6 legendaries by the time he was 18.

Wasn't she a little young to be finding legendaries of that proportion? =D
Reply Quote
I got my first at level 10 clicking on a Weapons Rack. Legendary two-handed axe. Unfortunately it was a loss in DPS and didn't provide much besides MS (which I already had a comfortable amount), so I stashed it for possible twinking purposes.

I then got a legendary ring off of the Butcher, which was awesome because it shot up both my DPS and EHP. Plus, it had bonus EXP per kill and MF! It's a great feeling getting cool items that upgrade you as you go along. I hope I'll be enjoying the same feeling come the long Inferno hours.

Got the ranged targeting worked out yet? I know it's a bit of a compromise, but tactics I've had to make really had to be modified, hydra spawned at fixed distance, can't do frontal tank while hydra hits them from behind initially for instance.
Reply Quote
I got Leorics crown towards the end of Act 1. The affixes were awesome. I would consider it a "smart" drop.
Reply Quote
Ive found several legendaries during NORMAL on console in all ACTS, each one but one has been a upgrade to my build. Now in NIGHTMARE the legs keep dropping. Couple of times I could anticipate it, sure enough within a few minutes KA-CHING. Then again, could be wishful thinking and all this nephalem thing has gotten out of proportion.
Reply Quote
I have a level 10 DH, Level 8 Barb, and Level 8 Monk. ( My friends are coming over tonight so I wanted three characters at or around Skellie King for us to be able to play together without gimping anyone too bad) No legendaries yet and so far only 1 Yellow off of the DHs kill of Skellie. I am hopeful that the luck changes tonight. So far the one yellow I found had some really good stats for a lvl 3 required item. I have also crafted a yellow Hand crossbow which has some pretty nice stats. I feel more rewarded in the console so far and now I can't wait to get to level 60 and try to pimp these characters out.
Reply Quote
I found 2 within 10 minutes in Act 2 normal. One was a ring under a body. I couldent believe it it was awesome!!! Considering I put in 300 hours on PC and found 3 total. I dont feel like there is too much dropping on console, makes me excited though wondering what will drop next. Never had that on PC. Blizzard please dont change anything!!!! :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Well.....I uninstalled today after weeks of fighting it. Blizzard has become too big to relate to core-fans. Y'all tried to appeal to the widest demographic and ended up spitting on core-fans. Releasing this console in the midst of no honest attempt at timely change was the last straw.

I doubt Blizzcon will truly reveal any substantial move back toward Diablo 2 and what made it great. So go ahead, have your big "show" and reveal the DIAMOND "OHHHH AHHHH".

Lame.

I'll come back if I see real itemization. 3k DPS weapons do nothing considering we'll be fighting monsters with 3x the current health. Raising numerical values and adding some CTC is woefully short of expectations.

Another one bites the dust, and unless you shock core-diablo fans, I will not be back.
Reply Quote
see ya!!!!
Reply Quote
Now granted my time to play has been VERY limited to play...that will change this weekend...but...

That's because they are falling from the sky relative to the PC version where you're lucky if you've found one legendary by the time you beat diablo on normal difficulty.
Reply Quote
PS3 player here, first leg for me was act two normal... It was the leoric's signet!!! It's not the best with only 21% exp, but I was so happy and am still wearing it at level 44 : )

In general I'm finding just enough leg's to keep it exciting, and the flow of gameplay is really fast paced and FUN on the console. I played hundreds of hours on PC, but the PS3 version is breathing new life into the game for me...

Also, Belial fight!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]