Diablo® III

Need Help With My Archon Build

Sheet DPS is roughly 211k, approx 260k fully buffed...per D3up.com my EHP is sitting at 289k. I'm stuck farming mostly MP6, can do MP7, but not as efficient as I would like. Also, I really would love to jump up to MP8. I know for a fact I could use a bit more Vit. Any advice is much appreciated!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mathias-1111/hero/15254658
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
What does your budget look like?
Reply Quote
Not terribly too much... I don't purchase gold, all from what I find, sell, or flip on the AH. Currently sitting on about 50M. Could be looking at 100M pretty soon. I know its not near enough to really go crazy with Archon, but do you notice where I am just going horribly wrong anywhere with any of my gears? Thanks for your response, bro-dude.

I'm wondering about my weapon...the min damage is 256 and the max damage is 399...while that's a nice average, does this greatly impact my average damage, whereby one hit will be for much much greater than the next? I feel like my weapon should be boosting my archon much more than it is. Is axe not the way to go for whatever reason, would i be better off with a black dagger, or sword?
Edited by Mathias#1111 on 9/7/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its a bit easy enhancing your archon wiz. You should changed your weapon for another more powerful and look for trifect amuet and rings. It wiill increase your damage and reduce cooldowns. Only problem, can be costs.
Reply Quote
You may be able to grab a zuni ring with cc. That will give you the two piece bonus, and I think mine was about 10m. Also, getting trifecta gloves, ammy and a rare ring will increase your dps by quite a bit, and you should be able to do all of that for less than 50m. Have you checked to see if a ruby gives you better dps than an emerald?
Reply Quote
Are you willing to change you armor skill? Try using "Storm Armor" (Thunder Storm) and check how much faster you take out the trash. I would also try using an Emerald in your weapon, as Colossus mentioned.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
I've ran with a crit gem in my weap for ever, just switched over to the +max/min dmg and I feel like my hits are a bit more consistent rather than all over the board, which I think I prefer. The dmg drop off isn't noticeable.

I haven't used Storm Armor, will check that out today. Also, most trifecta gloves, rings, ammy are pretty costly. I personally think my crafted ammy and gloves are pretty beast mode...would be rather expensive, 70-100M+ to make a dps upgrade to either.
Reply Quote
I'm at a similar gear level as you OP. It's not going to be easy upgrading with your budget. Sure, you can gain a few k dps here and there with 10-30mil purchases. The biggest dps upgrade for you would be to craft an amulet with high CD. You may need to sacrifice some EHP to get there, unless you're lucky of course. Would suggest getting avg damage for your offhand ring, or just get a zuni ring and that'll compensate for the AR loss if you change your amulet. My 2 cents.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 10:17 PMPosted by BlindFury
I'm at a similar gear level as you OP. It's not going to be easy upgrading with your budget. Sure, you can gain a few k dps here and there with 10-30mil purchases. The biggest dps upgrade for you would be to craft an amulet with high CD. You may need to sacrifice some EHP to get there, unless you're lucky of course. Would suggest getting avg damage for your offhand ring, or just get a zuni ring and that'll compensate for the AR loss if you change your amulet. My 2 cents.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, we seem to be similarly built at the moment. I feel like there is no way in hell I'll get lucky enough to get an ammy better than what I've crafted. That was on my third or fourth try, too. I guess I just need to keep spending countless hours farming looking for that $2B item to sell to make any further progress in this game.... sigh

What's your EHP sitting at, and what MP levels do you normally play?
Reply Quote

Thanks for the response. Yeah, we seem to be similarly built at the moment. I feel like there is no way in hell I'll get lucky enough to get an ammy better than what I've crafted.

You will, keep going. Focus on crafting them above everything else. Relinquishing crit damage in the amulet is hurting you tremendously. The EHP stats and IAS are nice, but there's simply too much damage you're leaving on the table. The AR and vit are better found in other slots. No vitality on pants is a problem that will come back to bite you even more than it is now.

Swords are stronger than axes in general because the greater attack speed lets you reap more of a benefit from the source's +damage.

Spend as much as you can on the weapon, rings, and source in that order, and craft as much as possible.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 9/9/2013 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the response. Yeah, we seem to be similarly built at the moment. I feel like there is no way in hell I'll get lucky enough to get an ammy better than what I've crafted. That was on my third or fourth try, too. I guess I just need to keep spending countless hours farming looking for that $2B item to sell to make any further progress in this game.... sighWhat's your EHP sitting at, and what MP levels do you normally play?

I normally play at mp7, using freezing scoundrel and cold-blooded passive. EHP sitting at 280 K (330K with purple gem). I think it's really worth it trying to craft a better amulet. The most valuable item I've found as a drop was 100mil gold. You can see how many hours I've played. Whereas I've crafted three decent amulets (dex, str, intel) during that time. My dex amulet was from 30 crafts and str amulet from 40 crafts. I'm not too happy with my intel amulet yet (200crafts), but I have better faith crafting a truly GG one than finding a 2Bil drop.
Edited by BlindFury#6451 on 9/9/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys have been a big help. Just sold my Inna's pantelones and got some new ones with no Int, but 160 vit. Also, crafted 40 amulets and came up with a +25k to my sheet dps. Feeling good about it. Off to do some more damage. It's a never ending saga, gents.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]