Diablo® III

To Skorn or not to Skorn, that is my question

I cant decide whether getting a Skorn for my current build would be an upgrade worth the money I would have to put into it. The dps change in the tooltip always seems to be lower by anywhere from 4k to 13k, but would socketing it bring it into being an upgrade? What kind of minimum stats on a Skorn would I need to make it worthwhile?
Reply Quote
It could be a DPS and survivability upgrade (with 5+% life steal) but you would likely need to get some crit chance on your amulet/rings/helm to see the dps upgrade from it. Not sure what the market for a Skorn looks like on hardcore which will determine how high of stats you should look for.

Then again you really really need some crit chance in those slots anyways - like a basic int Litany might be good to replace that rare.
Reply Quote
The tooltip without gems is really, really off.

Ruby is ~+51k for me for most weapons, so if a Skorn you are looking at is showing -13k vs your marquis gemmed weapon, you can rest assured that the Skorn will be a substantial DPS upgrade for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]