Diablo® III

Experienced Console Data Loss/Corruption?

Guys, it's basically a waste of time now. They don't really care that this is still an ongoing issue. It shows by their lack of acknowledgment. Seriously, I asked a mod to respond to this thread and the first thing he says is to make sure that I was playing on the latest PATCH. If he would have taken the time to read my post on the issue I was having, he would have seen that my game was already on PATCH 1.0.2. when the problem occurred. They are positive that they've fixed the problem, which in reality they haven't.

Honestly I expected much more from a company such as Blizzard. They were one of the few companies I had a lot of respect for. Sadly, that respect has been thrown out the window. I could care less now if they fix this problem or not, I've already lost all the interest I had in Diablo III. I'll be trading in this defected product ASAP to my local retailer, that way I'll at least make some sort of money back from the 60$ dollars that I lost to this broken game.

I shall never again waste my time or money with any of their future products. It doesn't matter though, losing a customer to them doesn't mean anything. I'd suggest the same for everyone else having game breaking bugs effect their experience.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Guys, it's basically a waste of time now. They don't really care that this is still an ongoing issue. It shows by their lack of acknowledgment. Seriously, I asked a mod to respond to this thread and the first thing he says is to make sure that I was playing on the latest PATCH. If he would have taken the time to read my post on the issue I was having, he would have seen that my game was already on PATCH 1.0.2. when the problem occurred. They are positive that they've fixed the problem, which in reality they haven't.

Honestly I expected much more from a company such as Blizzard. They were one of the few companies I had a lot of respect for. Sadly, that respect has been thrown out the window. I could care less now if they fix this problem or not, I've already lost all the interest I had in Diablo III. I'll be trading in this defected product ASAP to my local retailer, that way I'll at least make some sort of money back from the 60$ dollars that I lost to this broken game.

I shall never again waste my time or money with any of their future products. It doesn't matter though, losing a customer to them doesn't mean anything. I'd suggest the same for everyone else having game breaking bugs effect their experience.

I just contacted Sony and (as we already knew but still) this is indeed a Blizzard issue. I pasted the transcipt in my thread above but, regardless, you are absolutely correct in everything you said and I couldnt agree more.
Reply Quote

LET US TURN THE AUTOSAVE OFF AND CHOOSE WHEN AND WHERE TO SAFELY SAVE OUR PROGRESS!

Judging by the type of issues that they've fixed in 1.0.2, (memory corruption, etc), letting you choose when to save would fix nothing.
The game seems to be crashing when it tries to write corrupted data. So if you had manual saving, you'd just crash when you went and manually saved.

10/15/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Tsarnis
Generally, looking at the data doesn't tell us much other than "yep, this data is corrupted".

Which might give clues as to which part of the code is producing corrupted data.
Or people could tell you what to do once you'd loaded data (assuming it was still loadable). Before 1.0.2 I could have given you a save-game that would crash 100% reliably if you loaded it, messed around in the stash/inventory (move things around, sell items, etc) and then triggered an auto-save. (Luckily those crashes never corrupted my save data and 1.0.2 fixed it).
Reply Quote
(wanted to post here from discussion board so my info was in the right place)...... I know this is getting repetitive though :(

I don't know how many of you are experiencing this out there.... but this will be the second time in a month that this has happened and I've posted about it.... and now I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Requested Operating Specs: PS3; Version 1.0.2; 3 Players, All on Prime Account; Barbarian, Monk, DH; Act 3 Ballistas; Saved on HDD;

And while the screen was frozen, I did notice it was in the process of saving. So this must be the root.... when the game attempts to save corrupted data. And Blizzard.... this isnt the Bigfoot or the Chupa Cabra..... just because you can't find it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Luckily I've known about this issue so I back up my data on a USB stick, but I have been sick over the last week or so and hadn't backed anything up...... this morning after playing through half of Act 3..... I finished and moved on to Act 4..... pulled 2 Lego's including a Plan I didn't have..... and WHAM!!! the game crashes right in the middle of a fight. I can still hear the sound effects.... of course I wait a few mins to see if its just bogging for a minute or so...... but it doesn't come back and I have no control over the PS3 so I have to restart and I say to myself....... "I swear if this happens AGAIN!!!"......... well guess what?!?

Before even going into the game I checked my data utility to see if the Save data is still there..... and it is, all chars saved just the way they were at 8:45 when it saved last...... but when I start the game it simply acts as if the save isn't there at all. Even starts me back at the very beginning where I'm fitting lines on the screen and choosing gamma brightness?!?!?

This is absolutely ridiculous..... A) I shouldn't have to be backing up my game..... and B) How long will it take Blizzard before you realize this is a MAJOR bug that needs to be fixed. As I'm sure I'm not the only player this is happening to.

I'm a nerd, I get that.... I'll keep coming back for more. But to honestly think I can get new folks to play? Ones that have said..... "Ooooo I've always wanted to try Diablo!"...... but then after putting in a 12hr weekend with my best friend or my girlfriend..... I have to say, "Sorry.... Blizzard sucks and the game got corrupted.... we have to start all over!" Which I'm gonna have to do with one of my buddies characters unfortunately......

Are you guys kidding me with this?!?!

Come on.......

At least with the hard version I could return it or trade it in...... I have the D-load version..... its basically worthless to me now....

Side note: I'm also open to suggestions if anyone can figure out how to get the saved data back..... I'd hate to reload it from last week off the USB stick..... I'm afraid it would just override the old saved data and Id lose it forever.

Of course I'm aware that that might just be the case anyways so......

*incredibly frustrated Blizzard lamb*

EDIT: Oh and by the way..... I hit 60 this week with my monk.... and Paragon 10 with my whole account...... ALLLLL GONE...... extremely annoying..... especially the 50% stun, 1k DPS Sledge Fist that I picked up this week...... also gone. Like I called it before.... its worse than Hardcore.... its "Dreamcore"...... not just one life, but that one life could all be gone in the freeze of an instant..... *sigh*

Oh and second time in a month.... and Ive only owned the game for 6 weeks..... doesnt sound like several years of fun to me..... more like several years of frustration if I wanna keep at this. And my PS3 is just fine..... doesnt do this with anything else BUT Diablo 3.....
Edited by HellStorm#1172 on 10/21/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just was looking at prior experiences posted here in the forums..... just in the last couple weeks.... and I found one on the 10th of Oct referring to almost the identical situation happening.

The post mentioned that they could see their save data in the utility but that when they went to go look for chars, nothing was there. So I thought Id play around and see what I could find as well....

Well the post mentioned trying to recreate new chars but upon creation, getting an error...... which was reported as (8002B406)........ and the post also mentioned that their Trophies and Achievements were all still recorded, so I wanted to check on that.

I just went to create a new character..... and when I hit name confirmation I get an error that says, (8002B403)..... but then my character is there. I jump BACK out after creating the character, and the Diablo 3 Save Data is still in the utility with all my old info. 10/21/13 8:16am 181kb
-(60) Monk
-(60) WitchDr
-(34) Wizard
-(24) Demo
-(26) Barb

Still not getting it to load up....
Reply Quote
But here is something I didn't expect.....

I logged in under my friend user profile and loaded up Diablo 3...... all his characters are just fine :( I mean, don't get me wrong Im happy he won't have to start over.... so maybe it something to do with the "Prime Account"..... or...... I just tried logging in as the second player under my friends account as the Prime.... just to see if it read my accounts save differently.

Nope. When I hit start on the second controller to jump in.... it just acts as if I never played.

So hope some of this helps...... I REALLY dont wanna have to manage my USB stick like I do my underwear.....

Let us just play the game in complete enjoyment....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Xbox 360
Latest patch: 1.0.2
Act: 3 - On the way to larder, dungeon level 2
People:
1 Live gold account, 2 silver live accounts
1 Live gold host, 2 local silver players
(Game was played LOCAL)

Classes:
26 barb - frenzy, stomp - vortex, spear, threat shout, will of ancients, whirlwind
26 mage - disintegrate, ice armor, arcane hydra
26 DH - (don't pay attention to his, he is self sufficient)

Game began to stu.. stu.. stu.. studder and then froze the console solid. Rebooting the console allowed us to continue down, but we lost all of the gear and gems we found on the way down (Autosave did not complete)

Came to support site to be told to go to Microsoft when this is CLEARLY a software issue. I really need to run a business I can pawn support off to others, it's terrible reading some of these issues in this thread.

Hope the above information helps solve the issue with YOUR SOFTWARE.
Reply Quote
Ok so problem still unfixed and swept under the rug..WHERE DO WE LINE UP FOR REFUNDS?

I bought my game from PSN store digital and want my money back-defect product is defective, my money wasn't defective so give it back!
Edited by DemonAcid#1785 on 10/22/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Undead Death Knight
Xbox 360 Vers

Newest Patch to date

Complete Data Loss

Went to a buddy's this weekend before I left I moved my saved data from hd to cloud. Arrived at buddy's downloaded account from cloud to his hd. Proceeded to play an excessive amount of D3. Before I left his house moved data from hd back to cloud where it told me it would overwrite what was already on there I just kinda shrugged and said okay. Earlier this evening I go to enjoy some D3 with a friend and realize whoops my info still on cloud. So I proceed to move all my info off the cloud and back into my hd. I then reload D3 and open and told I have a corrupted save and my heart sinks a little I hope maybe I just lost a few items or some gold. NO I LOST EVERYTHING. I have/had 2 60 DHs 1 60 Monk 1 60 Wizard 1 60 Witch Doctor and 1 58 Barbarian and a level 10 Hardcore Wizard. I now have 7 nonexistent characters I have lost all my data. I seriously almost broke my D3 disc. I am going to have my buddy check when he gets home to see if my data is still showing up on his xbox if not I am done with this game and I had a lot A LOT of hours into it and I am greatly upset about this.
Edited by Tsarnis on 10/29/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
PS3, HDD, C1.0.2.19470,
Single player and online games,
Item loss and lost a full character.
Can't make or delete a character.
I have a level 8 hardcore character, leveled it up and got in the next act, then when I re-logged later on, it didn't save and of my progress...
Reply Quote
PS3, HDD, Patched to 1.0.2
Friend Only Multiplayer
Item loss

Signed on this morning and noticed a weapon I was using last night before I logged was no longer equipped, so I checked my inventory and stash and it's no longer there. This really sucks it was a pretty good rolled Sun Keeper.
Reply Quote
I was playing d 3
Ps3
Same system multiplayer just 2 of us
Save to HDD, latest version as i just updated
Mine was main since i had also played online a lot
Anyways we were in act 2 i think in khazra den when it froze
And i had to shut it off after 20 min no results
Said aame thing might corrupt data and oh boy did it
I completely lost everything all legendarys, sets, char
I lost my lvl 60 monk, lvl 60 dh, 22 barb, 26 wizard
Very upsetting blizzard. What are you guys going to
Do about this for all your upset customers that have been
Behind you 100%. This sucks

Edit: Friendly reminder to watch your language. Your frustration is understandable, but breaking the forums code of conduct will not be tolerated.
Edited by Tsarnis on 10/29/2013 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Xbox 360,
Post patch
2 players local
act 3 master 1, normal
Always when load screen comes on when entering black tower (heart place).

Haven't had any data corruption, just loose everything collected until save point. Then Crash.
Suppose you going to TM the word "fix"same as you did "soon".

Unimpressed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Ps3, HDD, c1.0.2 , Single player. Complete loss of hardcore character. 60 paragon 9. 423k DPS. Act3 master 1 inferno
Edited by Hellskorn#1903 on 10/31/2013 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
platform:

Playstation 3

Save location HDD

Game version

dont know

Player configuration

Single player

If multiplayer please specify

online/matchmaking but i was the only one in the game

# of players & account type of each
ps3
1 player primary user.

extent of data corruption

complete data corruption
Everything, all 3 heroes, all items , full stash

anything else important

The game got stuck loading during act 2 so i hit the power button, when i turned it back on the save file was corrupted
Reply Quote
Would it be possible to just give me 3 blank level 60 characters(no items or gold) to replace the ones i lost from this data corruption? so i don't need to start from square one ?
Edited by James on 11/3/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
What I experienced yesterday was in normal mode, Act III. Game stayed in loading screen when I was using a town portal. And it happened twice, with only a town portal.

I use a PS3 40 GB version.
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 04:05 PMPosted by James
Would it be possible to just give me 3 blank level 60 characters(no items or gold) to replace the ones i lost from this data corruption? so i don't need to start from square one ?

If you don't care about earning achievements I would gladly give you my save file. There are 3 60's and another on there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]