Diablo® III

Experienced Console Data Loss/Corruption?

Platform: PlayStation 3 (Slim 250 GB, console is a couple months old)
Save Location: HDD
Version: C 1.0.1.18488

Several problems to report

First.
Player Configuration: Single player
# of Players and Account Type of Each: PS3 Primary User
Extent of Data Corruption: Item Loss
- Been playing since the game came out last week, but upon opening the game yesterday, I noticed my Templar follower had lost all his upgraded gear, he's back with basic stuff as when I first got him to tag along.

Second.
Player Configuration: Same-system multiplayer (local co-op game)
# of Players and Account Type of Each: PS3 Secondary User
Extent of Data Corruption: Item Loss
- Was playing with a friend, I logged out and let him craft a weapon and new gear at the Blacksmith to upgrade his Barbarian, we then closed the game to take a break, relaunched the game a while after to continue playing the Keep Dept, but upon restart we noticed all the gear he had just crafted was gone, so he lost Mats, Gold and Gear.

Third
I'm also experiencing some freezing in game play, these freezes are common and go any where from a fraction of seconds to several seconds. This happens both in Single payer and Same-system multiplayer (local co-op game).
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Poloxamer
She was playing a wizard and I was playing a monk. the only effect that we had going at the time was my monk's Mantra of Evasion with the first rune.

Exactly what my lady and I have and had at the time of the crash.

- Was playing with a friend, I logged out and let him craft a weapon and new gear at the Blacksmith to upgrade his Barbarian, we then closed the game to take a break, relaunched the game a while after to continue playing the Keep Dept, but upon restart we noticed all the gear he had just crafted was gone, so he lost Mats, Gold and Gear.

From what I can tell, quitting the game does not save. When you get out and get back to the character select screen for Diablo it will start a save. If you do not do this then it seems to revert to your last save when you load the game back up. Been my limited experience anyway.
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version (this is displayed at the bottom of the main title screen):
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Single-player

# of Players and Account Type of Each:
PS3
1 player
Primary Use

Anything else that you think may be important information. For example:
Did you experience host migration?
No
Did you power off during an autosave?
No
Were you the host of the game when you lost data?
Do not play online ever.

Also I have had this happen to me 5+ times and no longer play/enjoy console version b/c of this issue.
Reply Quote
Another person from Gamefaqs.com describes nearly IDENTICALLY the same issue I had, which is freezing/stuttering in the Act 3 dungeon, the Keeps. Here is his post:

"I hadn't had any freezing problems until yesterday, and in the 5 or so hours I've played since then, it's frozen 4 times (every time in The Keep in act 3 which is a problem cause that's where I farm). What happens is the sound cuts out for about 3 seconds (but the game still works) and then I start hearing tick...tick...tick....tick.... And then the game freezes. The ticking sound continues though. The xbox home button doesn't work, and even when I try to shut off the console, it takes about 20 seconds for it to actually shut off (any other time it has frozen, it turns off as soon as I press the button).

I have a Slim 250gb console, it's installed to my harddrive, and only very rarely freezes with other games (none of which have that strange ticking sound). Does this sound familiar to anyone? And who would I even contact about this? I've seen some people on the official forums say that if you contact blizzard, they respond with "The console version isn't our problem" basically.

I bought this the day it came out, and played it for a looooong time. Probably put 60 hours or more into it so far. But now, suddenly for seemingly no reason, I can't play it for an hour without it freezing. Sometimes it freezes within 5 minutes of starting."
Edited by Flamechamp#1529 on 9/11/2013 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PS3, HDD, C1.0.18488,Single Player, Primary User
Normal Mode, Medium level, Barbarian, Enchantress Follower, Act 2
After killing Maghda, sorting and equipping some of the loot for my Barb and follower
I selected teleport to Hidden Camp. Game switched to cinematics play and froze with
the yellow terrain display on the screen.
Cycled input and power on display (JVC HD), no change.
Ejected Diablo disc, no change.
Toggled PS3 power. Things have reset.
I find my Barb in the Hidden Camp and all the loot I had collected in Maghda's lair is gone.
I returned to Alcarnis, back to the lair but the loot is gone.
Reply Quote
Platform:Xbox 360

Save Location: HDD

Game Version: C1.0.1

Player Configuration Single-player+Same-system multiplayer (local co-op game)

Xbox 360:Primary Player Xbox Live Account Level:Silver

Extent of Data Corruption:Item Loss

Anything else that you think may be important information: Follower (enchantress) had 2 handed weapon+ 2 rings+ amulet+ follower item. All Follower items disappeared after playing local co op with my brother when I decided to play single player again.
Reply Quote
you my friend are a very lucky person to be able to play with your wife.
Sorry about your loss :/
Reply Quote
PS3
Local HDD
Same-system multiplayer (local co-op game)
2 players - Primary User + Secondary User
Full Character Loss

---

i was doing local co-op with my brother, we beat the skeleton king and then the game froze on the loading screen on our way back to town.

after restarting the ps3, his character (2 different profiles) was fine, but mine seemed to have disappeared. creating a new character through that profile threw a weird, non-descript error message.

ended up creating a new character and catching up solo.. once i made it back to where i was, i decided to try to back up my save file. i didn't have an appropriate usb device so i thought it might be better than nothing to save to my other profile. i actually couldnt because my old (corrupted) save data still existed. before deleting that save data, i tried loading up diablo on that profile and somehow the character i thought i lost was there, as if nothing had happened.
Reply Quote
PS3
HDD
Same system multi-player 2 players
Primary user with 1 guest
Complete data corruption with both characters at lvl 37
Nightmare the Act 2 first encounter with the enchantress
Game froze while auto saving
We waited 5 min. Before doing hard reset
Upon restart of game all data corrupt
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
PS3

HDD

C1.0.1

Single Player

Primary user PSN enabled

Complete Data Corruption!!! still pissed

My game froze during an autosave, its that simple...
Reply Quote
ATTENTION: Duplicating Items Glitch in PS3
The only corruption that I have seen and heard about is player corruption. Duplicating items in Multiplayer on PS3. I am not sure how they are doing this but I have been told you need to do it with another player and something about having to drop a item on the ground then back out by exiting the game and your friend picks up your item and you return back in game with your item and your friend having the same item. This sucks! Finally Diablo with no AH and cheaters right away week one. Whats the fun of a game if you cheap your way threw it. Just going to ruin it for yourselves.
Old trick from many other games. Plays with the auto-save feature. You drop item AFTER an auto-save and leave game in such a way that no other auto-saves are activated. Friend picks up item and auto-saves. You come back using data from last available auto-save showing you still have said item. Both of you now have the item. Easy as that. Borderlands is infamous for this as well.
Reply Quote
PS3
HDD
Same System multiplayer
Shared User
4 players
Full corruption
Ps3 froze in act 1 on my way to do ponies.

Is this permanent or is it fixable???

Edit: Im going crazy wth. I play hardcore so i was used to getting screwed on pc with lag and more lag but damn why. 2 lvl 60's a lvl 52 lvl 49 and 47 all HC. If this is not fixable i hope psn gives me a refund
Edited by Obiwankenobi#1182 on 9/13/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Platform:
Xbox 360

Save Location: (I tried it from all 3)
HDD
Flash drive
Cloud

C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Single-player
Multi-system multiplayer (online game)

Account Types (full descriptions listed below):
Xbox 360:
Primary Player

Xbox Live Account Level:
Gold

Extent of Data Corruption:
No loss yet just freezes after about 10 minutes and when I quit out.
Reply Quote
Platform:
PS3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:

Player Config:
Single Player only

Account type:
Primary User

Extent of Corruption:
Complete Data Corruption

Game froze while autosaving. Waited awhile (probably 4 mins) to reboot the machine and when I started up the game D3 notified me that save data was corrupted. I believe this was the only time I did not log onto PSN. I am not a PS+ subscriber so there isn't any cloud saving taking place.
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Multi-system multiplayer (online game)

If multi-system, please specify game type:
Online/Matchmaking

Don't know.

Complete Data Corruption

I can't remember clearly what happened, but I believe I was trying to configure multiplayer settings and when the game tryied to save the change, the error screen with this code 8002B406 popped up.
Even though, the game continued as if it never happened. So I continued playing, but on the next day, all my progress after that error screen was not saved.
I cannot delete characters, create new ones, I've already deleted the game and downloaded again, erased all save files, but the error keeps popping up every time the game tryies to do its first save.
The error screen showed up right on the begining of the game, just before killing skeleton king. My char is freezed on lvl 9.
Edited by Teoc#1165 on 9/14/2013 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:

1x Primary User
1x Secondary User

Extent of Data Corruption: both characters total loss.

Game was in middle of going from one area to another and system completely froze. Restarted, went through the system check, back into the game and save files are corrupted.
Reply Quote
Platform:
Xbox 360

Save Location:
Cloud

Game Version:

Player Configuration:
Single-player

Complete Data Corruption (I'm assuming this, because I can freeze the game at will)

I've never powered off during an auto-save. I always exit back to the title screen before going to the dashboard. I have 2 characters, one regular, one hardcore. The crashing happens only with the hardcore character. I can replicate the crash by putting typically over 120 items in the stash, give or take. This will vary, but it's when I exceed a specific number that the game will crash on auto-saves. E.G. If the magic number is 117, and I only have 116 items in my stash, I can go quit and restart the game 20 times over and everything will work fine. But if I put another item in the stash, the game will freeze at an auto-save, regardless if the system has been on all day, or off all day. Note: It does not crash on the auto-save when I change my banner, but it will crash at the next auto-save, and the banner auto-save seems to not have taken effect.
Reply Quote
PS3
HDD
Version C1.0.0 (at the time of corruption)
1 Primary User & 2 Shared Users
Item loss (all of my follower's items, a Scoundrel, were lost, including a legendary Bow)

I realize that the loss of items on followers is a known bug, but I figured that this information could possibly help you in resolving these issues.
Reply Quote
latform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:

1x Primary User

Lost every !@#$ing thing. Beta 2.0. waste of time and effort. I want reimbursement but i dont get. last product I buy.
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

unknown

Player Configuration:
Single-player

If multi-system, please specify game type:

PS3
Primary User

Complete Data Corruption

game froze while transitioning from one act to the next. I believe it was from act 2 to 3(unsure). I had to power off the console after a few minutes of waiting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]