Diablo® III

Experienced Console Data Loss/Corruption?

Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Multi-system multiplayer (online game)

# of Players and Account Type of Each:
- Ps3 primary user

Extent of Data Corruption:
Complete Data Corruption

I was host, game froze with autosave icon on screen same time entered a new area(rakkis crossing), full game with 4players
Edited by Ostkaka#2195 on 9/17/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 10:21 AMPosted by ShadowOptik
Auction house will eventually go on the console. They mentioned it at some point.

Based on today's news... I highly doubt that...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Platform: PS3
Save Location: HDD
Game Version: C1.0.1
Player Configuration: Multi-system Multiplayer Online/Matchmaking
Number of players: 1 on my ps3 and I was running with my friend online.
Extent of data corruption: Complete data corruption and full character loss.

Added Info: I was running with my friend through the keep depths level 2 and my game froze. After 10 minutes of the game being unresponsive I looked into the top of my screen, there was no auto save sign so I assumed it would be safe to do a hard reset on my PS3. after I come back online it said the data has been corrupted and I had lost my character and everything I had worked hard for. Please reply back to me if I can get my character back on track.

Contact by email or by ticket response please.
Reply Quote
Number of players: 1 on my ps3
Extent of data corruption: Complete data corruption and full character loss.

Added Info: I was browsing my Stash in Act 1 when suddenly the game froze. Had to shut down mijn PS3. When I started D3 again, I got the dreaded message that my save file was corrupted.
Reply Quote
Number of players: 1 on my ps3
Extent of data corruption: Some corrupt files showing up, limited data loss, extreme random freezing

I am one of those unfortunates that is experiencing random freezing throughout gameplay, usually on loading screens, when going to a boss room, or even talking to the blacksmith. So, I'm really not clear on what's at the root cause. I have read that other people are having similar issues. I have not had a huge issue with save file loss as I have ps+, but I do regularly lose a level and/or some equipment drops/loot. I can usually play for a little bit until the freeze happens. Sometimes I am kicked from the game entirely. I recently replaced my PS3, upgrading from a 160 gig fat-bodied PS3 that was about 4 years old, to a brand new, out of the box today, 500 gig PS3 packaged with GTAV. I played well for a bit, until it too began to freeze randomly for no apparent reason. My internet is good, my hardware is good, my system is in a fairly well ventilated area. My only recourse at this point is to turn in my copy for another copy (thinking maybe that the copy I have is simply "bad") or wait for some measure of fix to the issue. I hope for that. I continue to enjoy Diablo III and would like to do so unhindered by freezes.
Edited by soldierwolf#1881 on 9/18/2013 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Plattform: PS§
Save Location: HDD 80GB
Player Configuration: Mulsi-system Multiplayer Online/Matchmaking
Nummer of Players 1 on my PS3

After 10 Minutes, there comes a msg; Error: (8002B406)
I played today and yesterday, when I leave the Game I'll start in Act 3 at the same Place everytime... Hope that the Savegame can be repaired...

EDIT:
Can't copy my Savegame as well:
Datas Damaged (8001051C)

Maybe the PS3 freezed at an Autosave and now the Savegamedata ist broken?
Edited by Aiyko#2638 on 9/19/2013 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have no problem so far on Xbox 360 (playing since 2 days). But this problem worries me a lot.

A simple solution on Xbox 360 would be to allow us to copy the savefile (on USB key), instead of just allowing us to move it.

Other solution : make the game create himself a backup save each hour, so if the "main" save file is corrupted, the game could switch to the backup save automatically.
Reply Quote
Went into the inventory menu on my monk yesterday, game froze in such a way that i could not even hold down power to shut it off. After having to pull the plug ended up with the data corrupted, need to recover message. I ended up having to format my ps3, fml.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version (this is displayed at the bottom of the main title screen):
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Single-player

PS3
Primary User: thatguyzork
PSN enabled.

Item Loss
Level loss.

Error first occurred in Act 3, as I met with Tyreal on Rakkis crossing. Lost all of my progress afterwards, including a Spectrum Sword.
Reply Quote
PS3 120GB HDD
c 1.0.1
Single Player - Primary User
I'm not sure of the full extent here. It doesn't appear that I'm losing any coins or items, thankfully. My problem is a freeze in act III. Any time I get near Captain Haile, my ps3 either completely freezes out, or I get kicked out to the PS3 main menu. I've tried restarting the quest, backing up a quest and even going back to act II and working my way back to that point. No change. I don't buy many games any more, but I had to pick this up. I haven't played any Diablo since the release of the 2nd game. I was incredibly pumped to play this, and now I'm feeling a bit let down. I really hope I don't have to delete my progress and start over after only one attempt at completing the story.
Reply Quote
Platform: XBox 360
Player Configuration: Single-player
# of Players and Account Type of Each: Primary Player - Xbox Gold
Extent of Data Corruption: Complete loss of save data

I was playing Diablo III for the first time on my Xbox 360 and played through Single player offline Normal (Easy) on my Barbarian to level 10 without quitting or turning the console off. I can confirm that the autosave icon was shown numerous times while playing. I then quit to the main menu and turned my console off. When I turned it back on the game acted like there was no save data. I checked the storage area in the Xbox dashboard to confirm that there indeed was no config/save file on my hard drive.

This only occurred on my first play of the game and has yet to happen again.
Edited by ShadowofBob#1225 on 9/20/2013 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Platform: Playstation 3
Version: C1.0.1
Single Player (offline)
Primary User

Description: I suppose it's a full data corruption. I was playing the game for about 2.5 hours this morning on Normal in Act 2 with a level 19 wizard. I just rescued Adria and ported back to town. I think it was going to go to a cut scene and froze in the middle of autosaving. This is the first time it happened for D3. I didn't think anything of it.

(Other games have crashed. Okay. Big deal. So now I have to start from my last autosave. A little annoying, but nothing I haven't experienced while playing Skyrim.)

I waited five minutes for it to respond. Nothing. I restarted the PS3. The game then gives me a warning:

ATTENTION
Your save data has been corrupted, which may have resulted in the loss of stash items, gold, and heroes.

Continuing then prompts me to start a new character. No way I'm in the mood to start over again. (Especially since I made the switch from PC to console D3.)

The Save data still shows up on my PS3. It shows it was last updated a few minutes before the crash. It's a 128 KB file and still has my wizard at level 19. Is there any way to restore this data or am I screwed?
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Same-system multiplayer (local co-op game)

1x Primary User
1x Secondary User

Complete Data Corruption

e.g. Corruption File
http://www.filecondo.com/dl.php?f=I0708c1vnp0j

Did you power off during an autosave?
- I turn power off during an autosave because game stuck not respond.

My concern
Please fix it for me. I play about 7 day lv59.
Reply Quote
Platform:
PlayStation 3

Save Location:
HDD

Game Version:
C1.0.1

Player Configuration:
Single Player

1x Primary User

Complete Data Loss

It acts as if I have a completely new save file. Even though the description for the save file under my saves list says I still have 4 characters.
It does not say "Data Corrupted". The save file is just blank/new.

Did you power off during an autosave?
No. The game did not freeze. I waited until the autosaving was complete and then quit to title screen before shutting off my PS3.

This is silly. It's happened TWICE now. Even if I back up my saves to USB drives, it does not matter. The save gets wiped without me even knowing. I can't even get a refund as per pc version because I bought through PSN.

This is the ONLY game I have ever seen this happen with. Absurd.
Reply Quote
PS3
HDD
C.1.0.1
Multi-System Multiplayer
Online Matchmaking
Primary User
Full Character Loss (2 characters)
I was host with one other player and game froze.
Had to hard reset PS3 (hold power button down)
When machine came back on it said something about looking for corrupted files then rebooted.
Now everything I've done in game is gone. I was enjoying being a legit player but after all the hours I lost I wanna d/l a character save game.
Reply Quote
Omg its back. All i did was look at the save game data utillity and saw my character name in there. started game and he was back.
Reply Quote
Playstation 3
Save Location HDD
Game version 1.0.1
Single Player
Primary User

I teleport back to town, made sure the game isn't saving or loading, then exit to the "Press Start" menu. Then exit completely out of the game by pressing the PS button into the XMB to go backup my save file. Been doing this trying to avoid the corrupt save problem I've been hearing about and now it still happened to me. I made a backup file onto my USB drive after every session, unfortunately the backup was the same file as the corrupted save.

When I start the game now, it doesn't say file is corrupted or anything but just starts with the screen adjust and contrast/gamma setting followed by the cinematic then character creation screen like if there was no save file and a brand new start game. I checked my save file and it's still there and lists all my characters and levels.

The last thing I did was upgrade/expand my stash and stored my loot before exiting the game and backing up the save file. I came across a video on youtube where a guy's game would freeze whenever he places over 120 items in the stash and exit game. The game has never completely froze up on me but has stuttered a few times on rare occassion where it seemed like it might freeze, but after 2-3 seconds it continues normally.

I refuse to delete my save file and restart all over again knowing that this could happen again.
I really hope this issue gets resolved because it is game breaking.
Edited by Rance#1961 on 9/22/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Using PS3, with saves on HDD, during a single player game. The game locked up and when restarted after lock up, it said that the save was corrupted.
We lost all items in stash, all gold, and a Level 60 witchdoctor (Paragon level 9), a level 38 Barbarian, a level 18 wizard, and a few lower level of other classes.
Tried to go back and retrieve or back up on flash drive and the files will not copy to it because of corruption.
When occurred it was a simple lock up during autosave process in Caldeum, on Nightmare mode playing as the barbarian.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
ps3
hdd
c1.0.1
multi-system multiplayer - online/matchmaking
-
primary user
-
complete data corruption
-
was host with one additional online player
game froze during change of scene from pump1 to next in the aqueducts
game was in the process of autosaving
waited and then powered off

upon restart of d3 corrupt save message came up and was required to readjust screen and gamma.
no characters or stash remained.

started new character and played for awhile.
upon restart of d3 found save remained corrupt and needed to do screen/gamma again. new character remained however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]