Diablo® III

Rate the barbarian above you

@acky

I would say replace the attack spped on either your glove or 1 ring with crit dmg

my current barb
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/maskoaa-1251/hero/36195306
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 9/27/2013 2:47 PM PDT
acky

I would say replace the attack spped on either your glove or 1 ring with crit dmg

Ugh...that would push me down a breakpoint...
acky

Get a big dps mace , I'm not reaaly a fan of split bp's since ytou cant control it.

Get a big dps mace , I'm not reaaly a fan of split bp's since ytou cant control it.

Ugh...if I switch my MH to a mace, that would also push me down a breakpoint as well. If you meant an EF in the 1200dps range, I don't see a lot of those @ .25 aps other than the ones in RMAH, which I am not planning to pay any real money for it.

Ugh...if I switch my MH to a mace, that would also push me down a breakpoint as well. If you meant an EF in the 1200dps range, I don't see a lot of those @ .25 aps other than the ones in RMAH, which I am not planning to pay any real money for it.

Your BP is split at the moment. One weapon is in the 2.5 range and the otehr is in the 2.86 range you can get a mace and they'll both be in the 2.5 range and you can also drop attack speed off a peice of gear b/c you have excess for the 2.5 range. Thats why I don't like split bp's b/c on avg half the time your barb is in the 2.5bp.

Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 9/27/2013 3:15 PM PDT
He means running 2.5/2.5. I don't like split bp's either. IMHO they're somewhat of an artificial inflation of tdps (if such a thing is even possible) You'll most likely be doing more damage by dropping the mainhand to 2.5 and picking up crit damage in the process.

But the main reason I had to post is that war cry is absolutely unnecessary with the 600 AR and 80K HP that you have, to the point where it hurts me to look at it...put rend in its place if you need survivability, the additional healing will be a lot more useful than the mitigation bump from war cry and will have you doing A LOT more damage. OP:KS is the other option, also a great choice.

I also highly doubt that you need unforgiving to keep up wotb in practically any situation.
I didn't even notice he had wc lol yea man this isnt' hardcore mode.
He means running 2.5/2.5. I don't like split bp's either. IMHO they're somewhat of an artificial inflation of tdps (if such a thing is even possible) You'll most likely be doing more damage by dropping the mainhand to 2.5 and picking up crit damage in the process.

But the main reason I had to post is that war cry is absolutely unnecessary with the 600 AR and 80K HP that you have, to the point where it hurts me to look at it...put rend in its place if you need survivability, the additional healing will be a lot more useful than the mitigation bump from war cry and will have you doing A LOT more damage. OP:KS is the other option, also a great choice.

I also highly doubt that you need unforgiving to keep up wotb in practically any situation.

I see. As for Warcry and Unforgiving, it's for group play.
Acky, I like your barb and your choices. 10/10 for EHP and Damage...+ group play fun.

As far as the split BP everyone is talking about they have only 1 important thing I can think of and that is the HotA breakpoint....at times the WW breakpoint and HotA breakpoint differ.....at those times I see the point of it for sure.
Acky, I like your barb and your choices. 10/10 for EHP and Damage...+ group play fun.

As far as the split BP everyone is talking about they have only 1 important thing I can think of and that is the HotA breakpoint....at times the WW breakpoint and HotA breakpoint differ.....at those times I see the point of it for sure.

Am I better off dropping to 2.5 BP then? I have been trying to gear towards 2.87/2.5 the entire time, but if being 2.5/2.5 with an extra 45% CD would make things more efficient, then it's definitely worth a thought.
Edited by Acky#1140 on 9/27/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Depends actually. Using D3rawr.com you can see what I am talking about. If you change your MH to a mace then yes you will gain tDPS....but you will loose DPS in your HotA overall because you will drop a breakpoint in it.

right now you are at 2.27M DPS with HotA

Changing =

2.17M with HotA and 1% attack speed to the next breakpoint with HotA which could equal a whole lot of damage.

You have 9's in all your slots...coming up with 1% more is definitely a gear shift. Hard choices are ahead. Use the website, it will help.
one bp in hota doesn't usually add up to alot if your dps is good enough. For instance for example if he's killing elites in say 10-15 hota hits just an example and he drops 1 bp whats the actually difference...is it even noticeable.
Rate me :)
@depac
3/10

10/10 - I like your female barbarian. Her gear isn't the standard stuff and it definitely works for you! Good job. Plus you got level 60 hardcore characters! I'm jealous yet impressed at the same time :)
09/27/2013 04:31 PMPosted by MASKOAA
one bp in hota doesn't usually add up to alot if your dps is good enough. For instance for example if he's killing elites in say 10-15 hota hits just an example and he drops 1 bp whats the actually difference...is it even noticeable.

1 breakpoint in HotA could make the difference between maintaining WotB during an elite fight and not.

Let's be honest; a WW/HotA barb doesn't use WW during elite or uber fights...they use HotA. Nerfing one to better the other should be done in accordance with what you use on a 1 vs 1 situation. Both my barbs are built to maintain WotB during a fight and yet they are completely different IRT gear. WW is for trash mobs and multi-elites. In other words only during a situation brawler would be useful.

He clearly has HotA as his primary attack and should be concerned as such. I am by no means an expert though so take what i have to offer as pure experience and not crunching numbers advice, I have asked the number cruncher peeps for advice on the fury return and AIS and have gotten nothing in response. There is a point that HotA returns enough fury to maintain WotB and have a full globe, I know this for certain, both my barbs have reached that point. Breakpoints, CC and so forth have a lot to do with it.

Sooooo....short answer: Yes, 1 breakpoint may have a negative impact on a players way of playing.

BT

Depac;

8/10, almost there. You have some very definitive choices to make in the future that will cost you.

Back to the previous discussion:

@Acky let's do this by piece of gear:

Shoulders - great, they will probably stay with you for quite some time
Helm - you need CC on which ever way you choose to go
Ammy - Good find...upgrades will be costly
Gloves - I'd rate attack speed over CHD any day.
Chest - same as ammy
Rings - resource for attack speed....in my book CHD is second to AIS unless you have reached your goal.
Pants - You and I both know where those sit.....str & vit along with AR and armor.
Rings - so that you know; CHD and average damage scale....my Unity on my female barb has more damage across the board than a good trifecta. Attack speed and crit chance should be your main focus here. Average damage and CHD should probably be weighed the same but are not IRT cost.
Weapons: If using an EF on a barb use the CHD one unless of course you need attack speed. Ok...wanted to avoid this but here it goes.....IF you need to reach the next BP then by all means use a WH...you can't get LS on a WH so you should get a LS EF so your gear has the life steal you need to maintain any build.....otherwise you are stuck with a passive use to maintain return of life.

WH is a bad substitute for any belt that has LS on it and this is why: Most people use it with only 1 source of LS, in other words most people give up LS for 50% CHD and 9% AIS...most when 9% AIS does nothing but paper DPS for them. Any single weapon at minimum can roll 100% LS, so most trade 9% AIS for an additional 9% AIS though it does nothing for them other than raise their paper DPS....long run...NOTHING. They just lost 50CHD on something they didn't intend...but looking cool.

Now if you need that slot filled and the additional 9% LS, in the games current configuration I would recommend getting the additional 9% from Inna's pants vice belt. You can still get a decent rolled belt for cheap and pants for cheap. In the future...who knows? If you don't need the 9% then go for something with LS on it...like IK or Lamination. This will give you an open slot for DPS related or armor related passives.

Sorry for the book of reading...headed to bed. I know during my typing this MASKOAA and XenaRocks have posted....none the less good night and good luck.
Thanks for the help. I wasn't even aware of the HOTA BP until you mentioned it.
Rate my para6 barb!
@Xeon Para6 barb=> for a pure WW barb TDPS seems a bit low and he's a bit squishy as well. Sure he does fine in lower-mid MP's but i'd only give him a 6-7/10 for now.
Uber, I'm going to give you a ten only because I love the name meatbag. Your barb is cool too :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]