Diablo® III

Game crashes 2-3 times a day [PS3]

I lose some progress every time, and the last time I lost a good legendary.....I might stop playing it if this keeps happening....
Reply Quote
...yeah im done with this game. It just crashed again and I lost more progress. Thanks for taking my money.

/angry
Reply Quote
Is your console overheating maybe? Running off a disc or downloaded form PSN? Legit copy?

I've had 0 issue with my PS3 copy (PSN) and haven't seen anyone else reporting crashes.
Reply Quote
I noticed a lot of my crashes happen on the Ballista / Trebuchet quest in Act 3.

Its happened there at least 3 times where my Xbox completely freezes.
Reply Quote
I've had it freeze on me twice on day 3 but day 1 & 2 were fine, and I do leave my console pretty much on all day, even when I don't use it.
I have a newer, about 1 + year old ps3. I would imagine the 360 overheats alot. I've had 4 of them all over heat on me, external inter cooler blow up and go on fire, scary as but hilarious. My 4th Xbox I got it fixed 3 times before I sold it and only to have it happen to that guy as well.
Reply Quote
ps3 digital copy here, havent had one issue, no freezing, no vsync issues, no game save issues, no FPS issues....but im also running on the newst edition from sony, the white 500gb superslim
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 10:06 PMPosted by PointBlank69
ps3 digital copy here, havent had one issue, no freezing, no vsync issues, no game save issues, no FPS issues....but im also running on the newst edition from sony, the white 500gb superslim

I also have a PS3 SS, and I had it freeze 3 times till now. However, I have the disc version (which I hate due to the continuous loading from the disc).
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 10:47 PMPosted by BTAG
which I hate due to the continuous loading from the disc

There's no option to perform a data install?
Reply Quote
My game just froze for the second time. I'm playing in the XBOX360 Slim with the disc version of the game.

First I was in the The Keep Depths and now in Arreat Crater, both on ActIII. I did lost some progress in the first one, but the second happened while the saving icon appeared, so I didn't lost anything. But it's messing up with my gaming experience.
Reply Quote
seems the digital copy generally runs better than the disc. Which actually makes sense, when you think of the fact Diablo 3 wasn't originally designed to run by disc, but by a program on a computer.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Kjorin
Running off a disc or downloaded form PSN? Legit copy?
I downloaded it from psn.

09/08/2013 10:06 PMPosted by PointBlank69
no FPS issues
If that's true I might very well buy one of the new PS3s then.
Anyone know if I bought D3 digitally will I be able to download it on a new system? I am assuming so.

09/08/2013 10:47 PMPosted by BTAG
I also have a PS3 SS, and I had it freeze 3 times till now.

09/09/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Rafa
First I was in the The Keep Depths and now in Arreat Crater, both on ActIII.
It has always been Act 3 for me too come to think of it.

09/09/2013 12:21 AMPosted by Kiryun
seems the digital copy generally runs better than the disc.
This is not my case...lol
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 11:04 PMPosted by DamienJohn
which I hate due to the continuous loading from the disc

There's no option to perform a data install?

Unfortunately no -.-, which doesn't make any sense, since PS3 disc version is the only one without such option.

I'm unsure whether I should sell my copy and get the digital version...
Reply Quote
I own the digital version and have only had 2 freezes so far. Save file never got corrupted and have never lost any progress, yet. Running on an older 120gb model, a few years old now.
Reply Quote
hi i got the ps3 disc version have fronze like 4 times in a day got well angry so got money bk but i am gonna buy digtal dose it freezes and crash so have to reset on there ? sort this out gm
Reply Quote
To bad ps3 can't install disc games to hard drive huh? :p loads faster than my 1300$ pc on my xbox.

Edit where are all those smart mouthed sony fanboys at now? Had so much to say before d3 came out and I was simply stating facts telling those who have both to get the xbox version. Told ya so.
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 9/9/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To bad ps3 can't install disc games to hard drive huh? :p loads faster than my 1300$ pc on my xbox.

Edit where are all those smart mouthed sony fanboys at now? Had so much to say before d3 came out and I was simply stating facts telling those who have both to get the xbox version. Told ya so.

What are you on about? I've got the PS3 version and ZERO issues so far. I've seen problems posted for both consoles.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Pariah

I actually have no idea what you're trying to say here. I'm assuming English isn't your first language, maybe posting in English with your native language beneath would help people understand what you're trying to say.

Edit: I figured it out :), translation:

Too bad the PS3 can't install games to the hard drive. My xbox (with the game installed), loads faster than my $1300 PC (which is obviously garbage, considering).
Edited by titegtnodI#1873 on 9/9/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 07:41 AMPosted by titegtnodI

I actually have no idea what you're trying to say here. I'm assuming English isn't your first language, maybe posting in English with your native language beneath would help people understand what you're trying to say.

Edit: I figured it out :), translation:

Too bad the PS3 can't install games to the hard drive. My xbox (with the game installed), loads faster than my $1300 PC (which is obviously garbage, considering).

LOL, I'm not sure what kind of PC he has XD... but I can hardly imagine an Xbox loading faster than a Gaming Rig with an SSD.

Anyway, his arguments are pretty weak considered that many games on PS3 have a partial installation option, which at this point, considered all the threads popping out on the argument, Blizzard will likely make available via patch.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 07:50 AMPosted by BTAG
Anyway, his arguments are pretty weak considered that many games on PS3 have a partial installation option, which at this point, considered all the threads popping out on the argument, Blizzard will likely make available via patch.

It's true. I was extremely surprised at the lack of partial installation. I even freed up space on my HDD before launch day because I was anticipating the feature.
Reply Quote
Yeah... I have crashing issues too. Happened more often after the first day. I have a first generation PS3 60GB lol... though I have never had any problems with other games before :)

Hopefully Blizzard will address this issues, because it is forcing me to hard reset each time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]