Diablo® III

Game crashes 2-3 times a day [PS3]

09/09/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Velisael
Happened more often after the first day.
Same for me as well. Any official word from blizz would be nice.
Reply Quote
To bad ps3 can't install disc games to hard drive huh? :p loads faster than my 1300$ pc on my xbox.

Edit where are all those smart mouthed sony fanboys at now? Had so much to say before d3 came out and I was simply stating facts telling those who have both to get the xbox version. Told ya so.

Yes. You're helping alot.
Reply Quote
Most likely your ps3. I've had the (disk) game since release last Tuesday I've only encountered 1 game freeze thus far.

If you freezing a lot I'd suggest backing up your saves regularly. I back mine up every few hours or so just in case.
Reply Quote
I haven't played more than probably 25-35 hours yet on console, and I have the PS3 digital copy version, and have had one freeze so far (Fields of Misery).

I hope it doesn't keep happening...
Reply Quote
Most likely your ps3. I've had the (disk) game since release last Tuesday I've only encountered 1 game freeze thus far.

If you freezing a lot I'd suggest backing up your saves regularly. I back mine up every few hours or so just in case.

I don't agree. This is a common problem and happens to anyone. The key difference between you and the OP is probably the number of hours played. Most likely the OP has played/plays more hours than you per day.

It happens to me as well and I have a one week old PS3 SS. Only 3 times so far, but as I said I should probably play more hours per day to experience that number of occurrences.
Edited by BTAG#2238 on 9/9/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Rachet
I lose some progress every time, and the last time I lost a good legendary.....I might stop playing it if this keeps happening....

Sounds to me like your console is dieing.. Try cleaning it fully. Meaning, take it apart and use canned air, rubbing alcohol and q tips to get the dust and debris out of the inner shell. You'd be surprised how much better consoles run when they aren't dirty. I do this bi-monthly for that reason.
Reply Quote
I guess I'll add that I have an original PS3 from 06 and a new one from 12, both run D3 with no lag, never froze before on either and the game is smooth like a baby's butt. Maybe you guys have finger prints or dust on the BRD's? Can't see why I'd be exempt from this issue if as Btag states "Happens to everyone"?
Reply Quote
I have a PS3 SS that is only a couple months old and I haven't seen any issues yet. I've probably put in a total of about 20-25 hours, all offline. I am however going to go home and back my save game up to a USB drive just to be safe.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
i find it funny all you people claiming the disc version is frezzeing up an i can say as a PS 3 user an my ps3 being atleast 3 1/3 years old i have not had any of these issues you people are talking about. now as for the DL version i can see these issues happening but not with a disc an if it is the disc try not getting scratches on it as that can cause issues:) ( i can especially see these issues on a xbox) (lol)
Reply Quote
I don't agree. This is a common problem and happens to anyone. The key difference between you and the OP is probably the number of hours played. Most likely the OP has played/plays more hours than you per day.

It happens to me as well and I have a one week old PS3 SS. Only 3 times so far, but as I said I should probably play more hours per day to experience that number of occurrences.
I am lvl 22 paragon with 2 level 60s so far, but I won't be playing near as much now...

09/09/2013 12:30 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
Sounds to me like your console is dieing
I sincearly doubt it. I take care of my consoles and quite frankly this is the first time I have even used my ps3 this much since I got it. 2-3 days of 10 hour+ playtime should not issue in the death of a console...

09/09/2013 12:34 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
both run D3 with no lag
I really doubt that fps NEVER drops on your systems lol, but fps drops are the least of my worries.
Reply Quote
Finger prints?... 20 hours?... dying PS3? Seriously guys:

1) Do you really think that we are putting our fingers all over our Discs? I got my disc in my hands ONCE... and I repeat ONCE, just to insert the disc.

2) I have at least 50 hours (probably more) of game time and I'm Paragon 12.

3) I repeat, I bought my PS3 together with Diablo 3.

Now, with all due respect... you can't expect to play 10 hours and claim you have experienced the whole game. Wait at least to have some Paragon level and have completed Inferno before posting that your experience is FLAWLESS. Because I, for instance, had the first freeze in inferno while farming Paragon levels.

It has been 2 days that I don't get one freeze, but I know that it will eventually happen again and when it does I hope not to lose anything valuable.

Before somebody start to talk about heating problems and whatnot, my PS3 is perfectly ventilated (I also checked whether it was a possibility after the first freeze) and every 1 or 2 hours I shut it down for a while.

BTW the total number of freezes I had is 3. One of which was wen I got back from work, 20 minutes after the console was turned on.
Reply Quote
I also have had my xbox 360 freezing up in act 3 on ALL modes, 3 times it was in Keep2 and one time around the Bastilas outside area. It froze when I used whirlwind.

Blizzard needs to fix this.
Reply Quote
Hmm I have played maybe anywhere from 4-7 hours a day since launch playing with disc on ps3 ss. No freezes at all and I usually play 2-3 hours at a time. Occasional slow down but nothing terrible. The disc is defiantly spinning and doing work inside the ps3 but no issues so far. Been backing up my saves just in case though.

Also have done many many runs in act 2 and 3 which seem to be the trouble spots for people but nothing for me as of yet. Wonder if its random or a bug of some sort.
Edited by Madfox777#1457 on 9/9/2013 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i also have the ps3 version and it locks up every hour or so.. hard locks and have to manual reboot.. just happened to me again for about the 20th time.. been lucky and no corrupt data yet and only lost min progress here and there its gotten to the point where im afraid to play anymore, dont want to brick my harddrive... my ps3 is a slim 250 gig all latest updates ect. only happens playing d3
Reply Quote
UPDATE: I changed to a BNIB PS3 (250GB SLIM) and no problems (so far - knock on wood).... I wonder if it has something to do with the reader, though it wouldn't explains BTAG's problem since he got the PS3 (I assumed BNIB) with his copy of D3

I do notice though my reader always loading like every 2 minutes. It is seriously loud. I never heard this on my gen 1 60GB PS3. I wonder if my BD-ROM on that one was running out of steam.
Reply Quote
People need to stop suggesting that peoples consoles are overheating, clearly not the issue when the game is crashing for a large portion of community. Especially since this is the only game that crashes my console lol
Reply Quote
Also I am having issues with ONLY the Keeps (act3) which is generally the same area where other people are having crashes. This is on a xbox 360 first generation. Originally thought it was my system finally biting the dust, but a lot of xbox users are crashing in the same area so its got to be a software issue.
Reply Quote
160GB PS3 Slim, Digital Version downloaded from PSN. Game have freezed 4-5 times since I bought it last week. No save-files have been harmed so far. Game just suddenly completely freeze, and I need to power off my PS3 as the only resolution.

I can't really say Ive noticed anything special about the random freezes, it have happend on all characters, but ONLY in single player mode so far.
Reply Quote
My husband experienced his first crash today. Playing a solo game, difficulty easy, level normal, with a first day of issue disk. PS3. Act 3 The armoury, level 2. He had just finished a fight and had a full inventory, then tried to portal to town. Game froze and he lost a bit of progress. Fortunately no corrupted game date. If that had happened, at least I have been making a back up every evening, so I could have installed that again.

Edit: his machine is a PS3 slimline model approx. 1 month old.
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 9/15/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]