Diablo® III

New to Monk; How is this happening?

90 Human Rogue
Hey guys,

I'm new to the monk class and I've watched a few youtube videos of Monks using a Sweeping Winds build with Cyclones going crazy and they seem to be getting an insane amount of healing from some source.

Noxxic says in one of their build guides:
"Spam Sweeping Wind to generate Cyclones for damage and healing"

I dont see anything on the tooltip that talks about healing, can someone please explain to me where the healing factor comes in to play here?
Reply Quote
Sweeping wind generates healing when you have life steal on your weapons. It does not proc life on hit.
Reply Quote
If you have Life steal on a weapon, you gain whatever the damage % is back in health. Say you have 3% LS, then you would gain back 3% of the damage done in health. It makes no different if it's damage from the weapon or SW/cyclone. Each cyclone will return health based on the damage done.
Edited by Natasha#1600 on 9/5/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
When you equip a life steal or life on hit weapon and you're dealing dmg you get heal.

So the more cyclones you can produce the more heal you get.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Makes perfect sense.... thanks for the info.

I did some research and it seems like Sweeping Winds will only proc life steal and not life on hit.
Reply Quote
Factor in other attacks too, not just SW. Anything that deal dmg will return life.. now you dont need the pocket healer anymore :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Makes perfect sense.... thanks for the info.

I did some research and it seems like Sweeping Winds will only proc life steal and not life on hit.

This is correct.

To proc Life on Hit, a skill must have a "proc coefficient" of more than 0.

In this case, SW and the cyclones that SW:Cyclone produce both have proc C's of 0.

This is opposed to something like Fist of Thunder which has a Proc C of 1.0 on the first two hits and 0.75 on the third AoE hit.

(The way Proc C's work is -- if you have 1000 Life on Hit and attack something with a single-target attack that has a Proc C of 1.0, you will gain exactly 1000 life. If you hit something with a single target attack that has a Proc C of 0.75, you will gain exactly 750 life ... ect.)

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]