Diablo® III

Any plans for Crafted Legendaries?

I'm curious, since it's been said they're revamping ALL legendaries, if crafted legendaries are included in the patch/expansion discussion? I don't know if anyone's asked this already, and if they did, if it got any solid answers.
We’ve certainly discussed the possibility of adding in some new craftable Legendary items into the expansion, but we don’t have any concrete plans just yet.

What kind of Legendary items would you like to be able to craft? If you had full control over the system, how would you want that process to work?

(-keep the old plans, maybe add some new.)

- plans drop without itemlevel (on every difficulty level normal nightmare hell inferno)

- ad a legenday afix for every craftable legendary and set (or 3-5 and one of them is random on the item)

-lets choose evrybody the mainstat for every craft

-Then scale the level of the itemlevel (and craftingmaterials) by characterlevel.

lets say i want to craft with my level 60 DH a venomhusk bow, then let me choose the mainstat (dex ofc) and then scale the venomhusc to my level
---> something between level 58 and 63 is the result (random like inferno drops)

Result ater 1 try with level 60 DH:
venomhusk level 61

- 9xx–1xxx Damage Per Second
+1xx–2xx Minimum Damage
+1xx–3xx Maximum Damage
+ 2xx dex
-fixed afix 1
-fixed afix 2
-one of 5 legendary afixes
-random afix 1
-random afix 2

just do it, like you want to do with lowlevel gear, in loot 2.0
Edited by Error37#2210 on 9/6/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I'm curious, since it's been said they're revamping ALL legendaries, if crafted legendaries are included in the patch/expansion discussion? I don't know if anyone's asked this already, and if they did, if it got any solid answers.
We’ve certainly discussed the possibility of adding in some new craftable Legendary items into the expansion, but we don’t have any concrete plans just yet.

What kind of Legendary items would you like to be able to craft? If you had full control over the system, how would you want that process to work?

How about crafted legendaries become "custom" legendaries? This would involve a player running around collecting parts that can be used to assemble an item. Each part would have 1 affix and the value of the affix depends on the part's level. Part could be used to upgrade other parts to increase their level, similar to how gems are upgraded. A player could then choose to name their item or have it randomly generated. Affixes could range from the affixes we know now and other cool/wacky affixes (for example, an affix could double the number of grenades or rockets from cluster arrow). The idea of the "wacky affixes" would be the build changers we all love.
Reply Quote

make craftable legendary items actually worth the crafting mats/gold cost, also, make full sets of items, with proper set bonuses that can compete with the best gear in game, the thing that annoys me the most about the previous loot update, is that all crafted legendary items got neglected to be included in the update, also, since it seems alot of system updates are being taken from wow directly (transmog), make legendary crafted items for this purpose with very specific/rare/easily identifiable armour artwork, like tyrael/imperius angel armour, and have a demonic equivalent (for the sake of fairness and balance), also, the drop rate on legendary plans needs to be increased, like alot, it is fine having really powerful items be somewhat rare and sought after, but being forced to pay some astronomical amount of gold on AH because the chance of seeing one drop personally is almost a 0 kinda defeats the whole point of searching for loot, the way things are right now are fine, just needs little tweaks here and there nothing too major.
Reply Quote
IMO, Legendary are no longer legendary if craft-able. It supposedly was item used by Legends and there's only one of each legend.

I like to see those craftable set gears like Ashera's since the intention is to equip their mercenaries.

Highly Invalid! There is always a possibility if the Legend's Armor was on plans, and never came to action to make. Lore could say something like "This brilliant mind of a blacksmith was scattered across the lands on recipes and plans to craft Powerful equipment for that of a Legend before he succumbed to blah blah." or something along those lines. Craftable Legendaries can possess many many ideas and routes to make it work, imho.
Reply Quote
Here are a few things I'd like to see that I think might make it much more worth the time to craft legendaries.

1.) As mentioned above the plans must drop more frequently or as with the account bound plans there must be some kind of way to specifically seek them out. There are people out there with over a 1,000 hours of play without a single legendary plan dropping.

2.) Adding interesting set bonuses for crafted items. That would provide an actual incentive to create several. And maybe if you're wearing items from a particular set it increases the odds of other plans from that set dropping.

3.) The ability to have some control over the kind of affixes that pop up on an item. Maybe determined by the class you're using when you craft it or by requiring specific types of gems as materials for the crafting. It would be much more worth my time crafting with my witch doctor for example if there was a chance the item could roll increases mana regenerate or better yet a unique affix like allowing a second gargantuan for example.

You could also motivate more people to craft legendaries if they came with truly unique properties that only existed on that item. Like maybe it allows a witch doctor to summon a unique new pet, or provides some kind of unique visual appearance like Malthaels smoke wings.

I feel like there is a lot of room to play around with items with unique visual properties, like a helm that creates a short fire trail as the user walks, or a cloak that covers the user in spectres like the spirit barrage spectre only darker. You could even have fun with some silly visual effects like winged shoes that leave a sparkly rainbow trail behind as you walk.

There is also a lot of potential here to explore things from the story, like maybe you have Diablo have a chance to drop something like a claw or fang that can be used to forge an item that allows you to summon those weaker shadow versions of yourself from the realm of terror. That could be really visually cool.

Maybe you could have crafted legendaries that allow you access to new dungeons like the staff that gets you into Whimsyshire except unlike the staff they would be worth keeping equipped. I guarantee you people would be tripping all over each other to forge these things if it meant new areas to farm.

Or maybe a legendary item that has a small chance to spawn more of whatever enemies you're fighting each time one of them dies. That could provide a nice boost to farming items/gold/exp if the mobs you're hitting might keep popping up with new monsters for a short period of time.

If you wanted to get really crazy with it (I'm not sure how much work this would be to program into the game) what about legendary crafted items with no level requirement that actually unlock new affixes as you level up with a certain range, like 5-30. So you could have a legendary sword on a barbarian at level 5 that might stay viable when you're level 30 because of the stats its unlocked. Then you have a really badass level 30 sword you can switch to another low level character you want to level up.

Just some thoughts.
Edited by Tsukiyomi#1263 on 9/6/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If I had control of the crafting system?

I'd make so the players actually had some control over the system. I'd make it so that you could add Gems to the crafting of any item so that you could control what sort of stats or affixes would show up on the item. Ruby for Strength, Topaz for Intelligence, Emerald for Dexterity, Amethyst for Vitality. Quality of the Gem would affect how high or low the stat would roll (though it would not go above or below the ilevel limits for the item).
The Blacksmith's Artisan Level would determine how many Gems you could add to the crafting process, up to a certain maximum (3-4), and in the event that more than the core stats were available what affixes you could choose from, though the items limit on available affixes would also limit how many Gems could be used as well.

Then I'd add the ability to carve sockets back to Covetous Shen, and I'd also tie the number of sockets he could carve in the item to his Artisan Level (1 socket to start, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 10), again dependant on how many sockets were possible per item.
I would also add Ring and Amulet recipes to the list of available things the Jewelcrafter could craft for the players.
Reply Quote

I would like system to work like this.
- Some gears should have VERY LOW gap as far as stat variations go.
- Some gears should remain as variable as it possibly can be as it is now.
- Some gears should be obtainable through months of grinding OR random loots.

For example (Accessory), you can give a really easy way to craft or loot a ring that has BIS dps/tank/pvp stats.
So everyone in a month or two will pretty much have this ring.

OR

For example (Weapon), you can give us a craftable weapon, where it is a good weapon of choice for pure dps, but there could be weapon loots available that is not as good as pure dps but their proc makes up or even makes it superior to craftable pure dps weapon.

To conclude my point, currently items are TOO varied but only a few stats are desired for everyone.
To mitigate this, you can change "obtain" method to remain random, or have a concrete way to get certain pieces of items for price of grinding for long period of time (weeks or months).
OR, you can introduce concept of pure DPS vs proc or skill enchant, where currently everyone is going for pure dps, but proc or skill enchant affixes on items are so good that they are superior in situations(long boss fights or short boss fights etc).
Reply Quote
Maybe it could work just like the hellfire ring with the uber bosses. Except this time you kill a boss for a chance to get a part of a legendary item.

Let's say they make Uber Butcher . Then by defeating him you have a chance to find let's say part 1 or part 2 or part 3 or the plan of the Butcher's Sickle , Chance drop % can be increase with monster power . And item is account bound so people would know you have worked your item ;-)
Reply Quote
在好多时候 还可以考虑 锻造除主属性之外的突破 或者是 能重复或者突破 比如攻速的界限 亦或重复词缀 比如说 力量180 力量180 但其原来随机会出现的防御属性 就会被顶掉 又能突破又能重复 不推荐 感觉不适合现在
如果某天我突然发现什么了 可能还会来说些什么 嘻嘻~
Reply Quote
IMO, Legendary are no longer legendary if craft-able. It supposedly was item used by Legends and there's only one of each legend.

I like to see those craftable set gears like Ashera's since the intention is to equip their mercenaries.

Sound good to me.
Reply Quote
关于这个传奇锻造的质量 如果掉落的量比较大 但是是小于传奇本身的话
比如10件锻造和传奇本身做比较 8件次与传奇 2件高于传奇
举个例子 传奇的力量是 250-300 而锻造就可能随机范围是200-350 某些能到200-400 就是做加减法这样
如果有一件锻造和同级传奇的比例是 传奇 250-300力量 而锻造是200-350 那么就可以去降低 其体能的上下限 其体能 传奇>锻造
还有关于锻造传奇词缀 让它能更具有专业特色 职业特色 和个人特色
像武僧的 精气回复 精转血 做乘除法的话 本身不太好把握
比如 词缀:(武僧)当你击杀一个怪物的时候 有几率释放 七星闪 星星闪的效果取决与选择的符文 虽然没放到技能栏 而触发时候的七星闪击杀怪物时不会触发 而其他情况 比如用本身七星闪可以触发 想象一下 时不时的幻影 唰唰唰唰唰~提高武僧的生存能力
蛮子可以加一个小旋风增加一个或几个的词缀 其实就等于旋风斩的某个符文和冲刺的结合
ps:蛮神身影飘过 见其踪 不见影 其后乌烟瘴气 哈哈~
还有就是上面说的 重复 和突破词缀
Reply Quote
i would like to be able to add affixes , from a list ! to apply to my crafted legendary.lets say i want a legendary sword from a new plan i found when i make it i would like to add one or two additional affixes to my custom weapon .example lets say i made a skorn with
1 socket
240 vitality
385 main stat
1891 life on hit
150% crit damage
the bleed stat thing 95% chance or what ever they are

lets say i wanted to add 2 additional affixes i would like to add the affix from the legendary fist weapon Won Khim Lau that adds >> Lightning skills deal [15-25]% more damage. <<

the second affix i would add would be from the legendary sun keeper
>> Increases Damage Against Elites by [5-10]% <<

adding affixes to my custom legendary from other legendarys making them my own unique item

all affixes should be available for use but only add 1 to 3 tops no more than that.
Reply Quote
Assuming that the developers are implementing a new crafting scheme along the lines of my suggestion (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796270045?page=1#0), which it appears that the developers are, just take any place where I stated ilvl 63 and change it to whatever the new maximum item level is in expansion (ilvl 70? ilvl 73?).

Next, in terms of new legendary craftable items (and new dropped legendaries) and assuming players will be able to reroll affixes through the Mystic, any new craftable legendaries' usefulness will be defined by their "legendary attribute". That is to say, their unique affix that cannot be obtained on a rare of the same item type. For example in the current, live game: attack speed on a helm or pants. Therefore, since players will simply reroll the other affixes as we see fit for our own characters, the developers' inquiry for new legendaries should be focused on those unique affixes and how they can change character dynamics.

Changing character dynamics with unique item affixes can focus on current attributes (such as attack speed, + attacks per second, critical hit chance, critical hit damage, pickup radius, etc.) and/or they can focus on new attributes (such as specific skill boosts [ie: + max hydras or reduced cooldown/resource cost], character mobility [ie: walking through monsters/doors/walls, or increased max movement speed, or reduced cooldowns/costs on mobility skills], damage procs [ie: any of the myriad of already implemented procs, but these should be tied to current damage, not a flat damage amount that inherently limits the proc's potential usefulness], defensive procs [ie: casting a defensive skill (do NOT include a casting animation that interrupts players' actions or players will likely only consider the item as a pre-fight buff that wastes both time and inventory space) or raising dodge/armor/all res by X% when proc is triggered for a certain, useful duration], granting a skill (or a modified variant of a skill) that is atypical for a class [ie: unlocking the Bloodthirst passive for selection when the legendary item is equipped or unlocking Hydra (all runes) for selection as an active skill when the legendary item is equipped (will require a set amount of resources appropriate for each class, can be combined with another legendary that increases max hydra amount, max hydra amount operates independently on wizards per active skill slot, hydra runes cannot be equipped in more than one skill slot [imagine a wizard with two different hydra skill runes equipped in two different skill slots and has a maximum of 3 hydras of each of the two equipped hydra skills])], etc.

See how interesting, dynamic, and game-changing the legendaries' unique properties can become? Obviously I have only listed a few, quick examples and I'm sure the developers, other players, and myself (given more time) can and have already come up with many more.

PS: Please, please, please do not bring back charms! Inventory consumption and clutter is annoying. I've already pleaded that items like the Collector's Edition wings should be allocated a "costume" or "cosmetic item" slot in the equipped gear area of the inventory screen (and not in the actual bag) because I do not like inventory clutter. I further pleaded that CE wings should have an auto-equip function that allows them to be set to "always shown", "shown in town", "shown in explorable areas", and "always hidden". Last, I've already pleaded that CE wings should be shown in the menu screens because we like seeing them! :) I've not received any response with regard to those concepts, so I'll leave that plea here as well and hope that it is implemented.
Edited by Mike#1867 on 9/8/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Good shield for all classes would be nice.
- Exclusive legendaries in hardcore mode!
- New weapons: whip and scythe.
- Smaller crafting prices in (if) upcoming Ironborn mode.
Reply Quote
Demon hand with a ilvl63 rolls.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock
I'll let those who have a mind for it talk about stats, procs, and all things number related. I'm a lore nerd, and while balance is important to me, I don't dwell on what exactly is needed to create it. As for actually what can be crafted, if it's going to be legendary and tailor made for your character, I feel it should be something absolutely special. As such here's a few things that I'd like to see:

1. Your artisan can only ever make one Legendary item per character. I know people would love to have a ton of these, but I think in this case, less is more. Make these things special.

2. The legendary item should be something specific to your character, and as such, it should be a class specific item, such as a voodoo charm, a cape, a staff, etc.

3. The item should either be named by you or should have your character's name in it (for instance, Naciel's gazing crystal, a wizard's crystal ball).

4. You should have to put forth some effort into it's creation. I'm not suggesting you should have to wait for an eternally rare plan to drop. On the contrary, this is something that your artisan is making specifically for you. Plans won't do. Rather, you should have to go do a bit of a quest chain to get it done right.

5. Just a thought, and this one is less important, but it could be cool: make your character's legendary item a product of all 3 artisans. First Haedrig has to make the physical item, which may include such attributes as keen, or wounding, or balanced (you know, things that effect how the weapon operates, but that aren't necessarily magical in nature), than Shen places just the right jewel in it (which you had to go on a quest to retrieve), and then finally whoever the mystic is blesses it with it's magical properties and perhaps sends you out with the item to go drench it in the blood of a thousand demons, or to absorb the power of 50 angels into it to augment it's magical qualities.

6. I don't know about whether or not these should be bound. I mean there is something to be said for these items being kept by the characters they were made for, but on the other hand, it would be cool to have an item with the name of another character, whether it be one of your own or one from a friend who has retired that character, especially if people recognize the character that it was originally made for. It might engender a sense of community and recognition within that community.
Edited by rcmitchElf#1596 on 9/9/2013 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you had full control over the system, how would you want that process to work?

I would want them to be expensive as hell to craft, guaranteed to be good, and fully BoA.

I don't want to craft thousands of these for a chance of finding something great, I want it to take a long while to find all of the BoA reagents, but when I finally do craft the item it's great for my character.

I don't want these to be BiS, but I do want them to be good.

Keep in mind, I said BoA a lot. In order for a lucrative crafting system to work, the end result items should be of considerable power, but should also be BoA.

Remember, the most important part of the successful crafting system also rests on the shoulders of "How many of this item am I going to craft"

Don't make us craft thousands to find something good. Maybe 100 max.

Let crafting be what it was intended to be. A way to fill the voids that you have with gear that you can't find upgrades for. They should not be BiS, but they should not be garbage, and we shouldn't have to craft thousands of them...

Again, I'll repeat myself so it sinks in.

1) These items must be BoA.
2) Part of the crafting reagents must also be BoA.
3) These items should not be BiS, but should not be terrible either.
4) Don't make us craft thousands of them to get one good one.
5) These items should be expensive to craft.
Reply Quote
1. Your artisan can only ever make one Legendary item per character. I know people would love to have a ton of these, but I think in this case, less is more. Make these things special.

There should be no limit to the number of crafts each character can make.

If the legendary produced this way can be used on any character of the account, players will just make a new character, repeat the quest chain, craft an item they need for their main character, move the item to the main character, delete the new character, and repeat. The limitation serves no function but to waste players' time and cause aggravation.

If the legendary produced this way is bound to the character that it is crafted for, players will almost be forced to make multiple characters of the same type in order to use slightly or drastically different builds. This might be feasible, except that there is a limit to the number of characters a player can have on their account. If this idea is incorporated, there should be no limit to the number of characters (or an excessively large limit, such as 30 characters) players can have on their account. In Diablo 2, the issue of creating multiple characters of the same class to play different builds was surmountable by creating multiple accounts (which was free to do), but it was a nuisance to manage multiple accounts. In Diablo 3, we do not have that option not do I desire it. Further, making gear the reason to make multiple characters of the same class (instead of skills) means that players will spend large chunks of time creating scrap characters and crafting until they finally get an item that is exceedingly special and crafting again to try to get a better roll requires the same process. It sounds way too aggravating, time consuming, and unrewarding to be fun to me.

09/10/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Drothvader
I don't want these to be BiS, but I do want them to be good.

The development team has, as far as I can tell, made the decision to make BiS gear BoA in order to promote playing the game to obtain better gear instead of playing the auction house/trading game.
Edited by Mike#1867 on 9/10/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]