Diablo® III

Is it a difficult transition?

I'm not saying I'm new to console but normally on console I would not play games like this, normally I'm playing sports or FPS on consoles.

Only Diablo I've played is D3 and I wished I played D2 first because now I'm too use to having an auction house available and playing almost strictly co-op. Don't get me wrong co-op is awesome but I feel like these kind of games are meant to be played alone. It's just I've spent a lot of hours on PC version and not sure if it's worth "rebuying the game".

Honestly only thing I'm worried about is with no auction house would gear be really tough to find and would playing alone be any fun?
Reply Quote
Solo is fine, but you can always open your game up to public or invite some friends. Drops are mostly tailored for your character and not hard to find. You don't go more than 3 (char) levels without finding an upgrade / useable item. Have not gotten to inferno yet (53 atm) to see how well they are. What platform are you considering it for? Xbox has better connectivity, however you will need an Xbox live subscription.

I have played the pc version and find the Xbox version much more enjoyable. Sure it could be because I have more friends on there or that I don't care for pc controls. But everything I have tried on my monk flows very smoothly.
Edited by Corrison#1566 on 9/6/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gear has totally been revamped for console(and the coming xpack). It drops mostly rolled with stats for your class, with much better stats and affixes. There is less total loot, but the roles are so much better its not even funny. You wouldnt need an AH even if there was one.

Difficulty has been retooled as well. Normal, while not hard, is not the snore fest it used to be. The MP system has been replaced with easy,med,hard, and master 1-5. And just playing on hard with a fresh character was more trouble than its worth.

All in all, im actually enjoying it much more than I ever did the PC version(and i think i put over 200 hours into it)
Reply Quote
I own a PS3. I like co-op it's just sometimes it makes me connect with people who has insane gear and I'm still using something more standard and it makes the game too easy. Like I said earlier with no auction house this game isn't forcing me to farm for gold all the time and single player is actually single player now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/06/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Jeeto
Honestly only thing I'm worried about is with no auction house would gear be really tough to find and would playing alone be any fun?

I haven't seen a lot of players reporting that it was a difficult transition from PC to console, but getting used to the new menu system can take a little time. I think Diablo III plays best as a multiplayer game, but that is a personal preference. It's easy to join public games or create your own, so it shouldn't be a problem to play coop if you decide that's what you prefer. As far as loot goes, most players are saying they're finding upgrades at a reasonable rate, and some would argue they find upgrades to quickly, so I wouldn't worry about that. I hope some of this helps you decide if you want to play Diablo III on console, but I think the bottom line is you should go with whatever platform you're comfortable with. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
There are a few nuances to get use to but overall I actually find the console version more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
It flows well.

Tiny learning curve, and then your off to the races...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think I'm going to wait for the PS4 version.
Reply Quote
Like stated above I've been finding upgrades faster than I'f like sometimes which is not really much of a complaint. It's great not having to rely on spending all your gold on items in the auction house. Thats being said, Gold is mostly useless once you've maxed out your blacksmithing and jewelcrafting.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Duffman
Like stated above I've been finding upgrades faster than I'f like sometimes which is not really much of a complaint. It's great not having to rely on spending all your gold on items in the auction house. Thats being said, Gold is mostly useless once you've maxed out your blacksmithing and jewelcrafting.

Well the whole point of the game is loot hunting. Not buying stuff w/ gold. This is a mindset that you got from the PC version, This is along the lines of how D2 was.
Reply Quote
took 3 days to get where i was in 5 months. that's insane.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Jeeto

In D2 there was no such thing as an auction house. It's actually a pretty sad situation that Blizzard has created for all of us to rely on it.
Reply Quote
how is PvP on the console? I know there isn't really PvP but how is brawling?
Reply Quote

You're basically asking if it will be more fun finding gear vs farming gold and buying it in the AH. The answer is yes, it is more fun to find your gear, incredibly so. As for playing alone, that is a personal preference. I like to co-op on occasion but for the most part I play by myself and believe the vast majority do as well.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Grimiku

and some would argue they find upgrades to quickly

Too
Reply Quote
I am the same way man. I play all FPS and RPG like Mass Effect on console. I love Diablo 3 on PC. Every part of it is amazing, the auction house and the online co-op. I'm just not going to buy it for my PS3 or my PS4 when I get mine on launch day. I think if you already own Diablo for PC, it should only be like $15 for the console version. I don't think I will fork out another $60 since I'm already having problems alot with the PC version. I have 50+mbp's internet speed and I never have a hang problem but everytime I play Diablo 3, it freezes up in the game and I try to attack and use my powers for my character and it won't even work. Then it comes back and I'm dead in an instant. It will do that time to time. But it's addicting as hell. I like co-op but not where I get into a lobby and the game is already almost completed ahead of time. I get no XP or loot that way.

But is the console version worth $60 right now or should I just wait on buying it?
Reply Quote
I am the same way man. I play all FPS and RPG like Mass Effect on console. I love Diablo 3 on PC. Every part of it is amazing, the auction house and the online co-op. I'm just not going to buy it for my PS3 or my PS4 when I get mine on launch day. I think if you already own Diablo for PC, it should only be like $15 for the console version. I don't think I will fork out another $60 since I'm already having problems alot with the PC version. I have 50+mbp's internet speed and I never have a hang problem but everytime I play Diablo 3, it freezes up in the game and I try to attack and use my powers for my character and it won't even work. Then it comes back and I'm dead in an instant. It will do that time to time. But it's addicting as hell. I like co-op but not where I get into a lobby and the game is already almost completed ahead of time. I get no XP or loot that way.

But is the console version worth $60 right now or should I just wait on buying it?

im in the same boat as u if i where to play console id play hardcore only but i c people everywhere already cheating in it which makes me to depressed to try it
Reply Quote
i only read OP. but i gotta say ive been a huge diablo fan since d1. and d3 from pc to console, feels natural. as weird as some off the auto targeting can confuse me, or the menu system and when i go to sell stuff i spend the few seconds accidentally buying all the vendors terrible crap. the loot is diffently been ramped up in xbox and im seeing some godlike items pop up. im dropping 150k crits when i level 56. i dont remember doing that in pc. i dont have xboxlive and my sister just had a child, so i have plenty of alone time to just run through the game. finding cain's plans early in the game was a blessing. i remember playing pc and not seeing a legendary for the first 40 sum odd hours. but with in 12 hours of xbox, i had a character FULL of legendaries, (probably found about 30 of them)

u gotta really like d3. but remember when d3 servers fail you, the xbox/playstation will always be there serving as an offline version of a good game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]