Diablo® III

Very effective range wiz build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ShadowWraith-1696/hero/14024047

is this a commonly used one since apoc and loh got added to Blizzard?

Kinda nice to have something else to play other then cmww. Also wondering didn't archon used to last longer then 15 sec?
Reply Quote
No (see the builds sticky for non-cookie builds) and no (but each kill adds 1 second).
Reply Quote
Look at my profile do you think i need to read the stickys? I have gear to make my wiz a 180K dps
CMWW wiz. I know this build isn't MP10 worthy but I"m farming mp 5 very efficiently and faster than my CM wiz was. I have seen many sub mp 10 people using blizz build to proc apoc and CM so i figured this might be a new mid lvl build that people had come to use a lot.
Edited by ShadowWraith#1696 on 9/20/2013 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Look at my profile do you think i need to read the stickys? I have gear to make my wiz a 180K dps
CMWW wiz. I know this build isn't MP10 worthy but I"m farming mp 5 very efficiently and faster than my CM wiz was. I have seen many sub mp 10 people using blizz build to proc apoc and CM so i figured this might be a new mid lvl build that people had come to use a lot.

Is this in a pub game or something?
Reply Quote
I farm mp 5 solo but seeing others use a build like this yes was in pub.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 03:53 AMPosted by ShadowWraith
Look at my profile do you think i need to read the stickys?

Short Anwer: Yes.
Long Answer: Yes, you should.
Reply Quote
I know how to build a wiz
Reply Quote
I just have gotten bored with cmww and want to play something more fun. not just face tank everything.
Reply Quote
At that DPS, everything kills MP5. CM/WW isn't really a speed build so comparing 150k+ DPS in MP5 isn't really accurate. Testing in MP7~8 would give you better results of viability.

You are using three AP spending skills... Meteor uses heaps.. RoF uses heaps... sure you are killing everything, but it's MP5. Any higher and you'll run into AP problems where you're not one shotting everything. Everyone is telling you to read the stickies because you don't have a strong grasp of why this build doesn't work.

Why don't you actually read stickied wizard build thread and try some of the builds in there where all the skills complement each other properly.
Reply Quote
"as you can see I dont fu.ck around"

Sums it up nicely
Reply Quote
I don't have the gold to build my dps past this point. so mp 5 is where I am really any way. even though I can tank mp 10 as a cmww i cant get the dps together to make it worth my time. so now I'm just working on making farming mp 5 as best as i can. this build has been working better then any combo i have tried and I have tried them all really. I gain ap while casting ROF by the way. Is it me or is it impossible to get break 200k dps without using credit card or AH flipping.
Edited by ShadowWraith#1696 on 9/20/2013 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't they say you should farm where you one shot everything anyway to be efficient?
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 09:22 PMPosted by ShadowWraith
Is it me or is it impossible to get break 200k dps without using credit card or AH flipping.

I've popped $10 onto my Bliz account when RMAH was first available... blew on rubbish because I didn't know better. Everything on my wizard now (PatMcGroin) was generated in from selling more rubbish or (bad) flipping. It's naive to think that you can get through this game with any efficiency without a decent source of gold income... gold farming is dry... CCs are not needed.

Anyway, if your build works in MP5, then go for it... but advertising it as an ranged build that only works in MP5 is no benchmark for "effective". It'd be more correct to say that your gear is MP5 effective.

One shotting white mobs and elites taking around 15s is apparently good. If you play in a group, it could probably be a tiny be slower since you get group exp buffs... but really, if you're in a group, you should be doing it faster because of group synergy.
Reply Quote
though is there really no way to gear to make this build work at higher MP's? I would think that if you had 300k dps 900 all resist 3% LS 1000 LPS 5000 armor 50k hp 1000 LOH you could make this build work at higher MP's
Reply Quote
and 60 crit chance and 300 crit damage
Reply Quote
oh and good upgrades for my toon are in the billions and I don't see any way to make that much gold.
Reply Quote
Look at my profile do you think i need to read the stickys? I have gear to make my wiz a 180K dps CMWW wiz.

You asked "is this a common non-cookie cutter build?" I replied "look at the build sticky", because it answers that very question. I also said "no", because, indeed, it's not a common build. Your skill or the efficiency of your build do not come into it. No need to get personally offended.

09/20/2013 09:26 PMPosted by ShadowWraith
Don't they say you should farm where you one shot everything anyway to be efficient?

SNS builds shine when targets don't die instantly, because SNS fights have a ramp-up period. The same is true for Meteor builds, where more than half your procs come from the DoT effect, not the initial impact. Archon builds do need to kill trash quickly to keep it up, but since it's AoE, it doesn't quite need to be a one shot every time.

Additionally, party XP was boosted in patch 1.0.8, which has made MP10 party play (finally) at least as efficient as lower MP solo farming. That is, if you have a decent party. And I admit, that's a big if.

though is there really no way to gear to make this build work at higher MP's? I would think that if you had 300k dps 900 all resist 3% LS 1000 LPS 5000 armor 50k hp 1000 LOH and 60 crit chance and 300 crit damage you could make this build work at higher MP's

That depends on your definition of "work". given enough defensive stats, almost any build allows you to survive on MP10. This makes it easy to believe you've found a good build. Unfortunately, with most builds, you're just worked yourself into a corner; the more defensive requirements they need to survive, the less room there is for offensive ones. The less damage you do, the longer fights take, the less efficient you are, and the less XP and items you get.

I'm not saying everyone should always use only the bestest build, but I also wouldn't bother playing with crappy builds that deal very little damage. Yours is not terrible, but there's no way I'd use Blizzard (which deals only 85% of your paper DPS per second) or Ray of Frost (only 280% DPS, single target) on MP10. Why would I bother spending 20b on gear to hit your suggested stats, when instead I can spend 1b and still be way more efficient with SNS? Weirdness is only worth so much.

All that said, kudos for experimenting. Too many people just stick with cookie cutter builds and never even dram of breaking out of their box. You should accept that this particular experiment didn't work out, though. :P
Edited by mzy#1101 on 9/20/2013 11:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got to keep trying
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]