Diablo® III

100m CoB build-Possible?

CoB for the MP10 runs, is that something possible to achieve?
Edited by Eking#2771 on 9/8/2013 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
Yes, I spent around 140m on my current gear, not including gems, and I pretty much !#!@*!@@ MP10.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Dirk69
no

Crystal clear, just the way I like it. Care to explain why?

09/08/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Baked
Yes, I spent around 140m on my current gear, not including gems, and I pretty much !#!@*!@@ MP10.

Jeaolus. :@

Three questions:

1- How long does it take to kill the elite packs?
2- What about the critical damage? Do your critical hits come close to 1m?
3- Can you survive without a problem? Do you die often?
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Eking
no

Crystal clear, just the way I like it. Care to explain why?

Jeaolus. :@

Three questions:

1- How long does it take to kill the elite packs?
2- What about the critical damage? Do your critical hits come close to 1m?
3- Can you survive without a problem? Do you die often?

I survive pretty well. I could use a little more EHP though, considering how suicidal I always play. I usually pull like half the Fields of Misery map and do alright. My critical hits are around 1.7-2.1m. It takes about 25-30 seconds for packs, sometimes less sometimes more depending on what it is.
Reply Quote
Terrific.

I saw you had the other characters, too. Is WD your favourite in MP10? With 100m budget, can I get some gear similar to yours?
Reply Quote

Your skorn alone is worth more than 150m and if you think you can dominate mp10
like you say come do an act3 or act4 run with me.
Reply Quote
@Eking
looking at your profile you need every piece of gear so if you use a skorn
that's 12 pieces of gear that's less than 10m per piece not counting gems
anybody can claim they go in and do mp10 doing it efficiently is going to
take a lot more than a few 100m.
Reply Quote
Heard barbs, Wizards and WDs do MP10 well under 100m.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Baked

Mr Baked stats are more good for owning MP7. Not sure if that !#!@*!@@ means he's getting his but kicked or he's kicking someone else's.

Rounding up stuff in Act I is an accomplishment for some, but does not qualify as an MP10 doc.

Mr Baked's gear is not going to see him through MP10 with his low EHP and relatively low DPS.

And as he is asking for gear help in a thread on this page, I think he understands all this.

But to answer your question, the only one I've seen claiming a 100M gold MP10 doc had a 4B gold axe and the rest of his gear was the 100M gold. As your weapon is your main DPS driver, you see why this isn't possible otherwise.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Eking
Heard barbs, Wizards and WDs do MP10 well under 100m.

Not sure about Barbs, but wizards are more expensive than WDs. Most viable MP10 docs spend at least a few billion on their gear. Some have done it for 1 billion. Don't know how that has worked out for them.
Reply Quote
Well, that certainly clarified some of my doubts, thanks. What would you suggest for something capable of, or atleast close to being capable of, MP10 runs?
Reply Quote
I've built 4 classes and out of the 4 monk or barb is probably the cheapest to
build for mp10 wd does a lot of damage but your right on top of everything if
your using bats so you need high EHP to survive high EHP= lots of gold same
for wizard
Reply Quote
Hmmm, was thinking about something similar to Baked's build/gear. Is it that hard?
Reply Quote
I seriously doubt you could get gear like his for a few 100m let alone his
weapon and gems also I wouldn't consider him mp10 efficient he might
be able to do it but like skywalkerfx said he's about mp7-8
Reply Quote
You guys are crazy. I paid what I said for my gear, you just have to plan out what you're going to buy and what items to watch. I watched the auction house for about 4 hours, planning which auctions to watch, and got what I wanted for what I considered good prices.

I'm earning around 170m exp/hour in mp10 solo, and more when I set up a group. If that means I'm getting my !@# kicked, I'd love to see you guys run it. I paid 30m for my Skorn, it's nowhere near 150m. And I'm asking for gear advice, because I would like gear advice, because my market knowledge is limited to the DH at the moment, since that's what I've been playing and have just come back to the game 2 weeks ago. I'm not perfect and neither is my gear, I don't see a problem with asking for advice. That certainly doesn't mean I can't do mp10.

Yes, act 3 (I wouldn't even want to try act 4 with my EHP. Hell, I wouldn't want to do it with any EHP tbh) is harder than act 1 and act 2 because most of the champs are ranged--- That's a problem for all CoB WD as far as I know, though.

Anyway, believe what you want, I haven't told any lies, just trying to help someone out with information I've noticed for myself.
Reply Quote
I believe you, there are some crazy deals in the AH if you don't stick to the buyout.
Reply Quote
You may have got lucky getting your gear but not everyone can do the same
and if you read what I said I stated I wouldn't consider you mp10 efficient I never
said you couldn't do it but like skywalkerfx said rounding up mob's in act1 isn't
hard I consider a true MP10 WD capable of doing all acts including act4 I'm not
capping on anyone I'm just stating my opinion and even at my gear level I still die
if I'm not careful
Reply Quote
I don't think you can make an efficient MP10 WD with 100mil.

Sure you can clear A1 with 100k paper dps and 500k+ EHP, you might get fast kills on some elite packs with BBV and 5 stacks SH/GF, but you will not speed through it effectively and most likely have several deaths (low dps also means low LS values, sitting in molten / beams / plague while taking hits won't be fun - not even mentioning RD / vortex / nightmarish + electrified etc).

By efficient it means something that can clear it very fast with little to no worries about anything you might run into, 2-3 deaths top, white mobs imploding or exploding as soon as you start channeling CoB, and elite packs melting in 10-15s.

Look at my profile, is on low end, ~40 mil spent (with some pieces self found, as most of the gear comes from my hybrid archon wiz doing mp4-8), I can solo mp10 with her, but is not fast, nor can I hope to deal with any affixes w/o problems. Sure I can pull several groups and kill them (no ranged mobs pmuch in A1) but it hurts when I spend at times 10 seconds to kill a white mob because I get no crits etc. In MP8 however I feel very good, both solo or in groups, and not only act 1, also 2 & 3. Anything lower than that and act IV is a breeze as well.

And with full buffs - no BBV - I do get 2mil+ crits, but average is 1.2-1.8mil. You simply can't get good deals for high ChC/CD on bracers / gloves / rings / helmet / mojo (if you use 1h) with good main stat, vit or AR or armor at prices ~10 mil (playing eu). Then you need to get a good weapon, be it 1h or skorn. I lucked out winning my butcher's sickle at 1mil bid because none else bided at all. Anything past 1k dps with socket and LS and CD and 150+ mainstat, not even mentioning black weapon, and prices go from 100mil - starting bid - upward.
Reply Quote
you can but it won't be efficient and you'll either keep dying alot or take 10 years to kill an elite...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]