Diablo® III

Overpower Crushing Advance -WOW

Just changing from Killing Spree to Crushing Advance gives me way more HotA tank-ability with elites doing VOTA runs @ MP10. Amazing how, at least for me, (see my barb profile) just that one change makes a big positive difference. I don't notice kill-times changing either, nor difficulty with permaWath. Anyone else notice similar performance change using OPCA? Maybe it's just me not having enough EHP?
Reply Quote
HotA builds without rend are simply extremely difficult to pull off. I used to use OP:KS, but it took 700 AR and 9% lifesteal, and even then it was flaky. Between OP:CA and rend:bloodlust, the latter is the obvious winner, both in terms of damage and healing.
Reply Quote
That's the plus to OPCA as it raises your EHP a ton. If you go to d3up.com and input everything you'll see how skill changes effect you. You have a very nice barb with or without it. Very sold EHP...
Reply Quote
Soldier, thanks for the reply and kind words. I activated OP:CA in d3up.com and, holy cow, EHP went up from base of 814,943 to 1,253,759 with OP:CA active! No wonder I could feel the difference. And it on almost all the time since the cool down goes down on crit hits.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 12:21 PMPosted by silverfire
HotA builds without rend are simply extremely difficult to pull off

My current Barb setup can permawrath (95%) very easily on MP8 and slaughters everything. I only run MP10 with other geared players though.

Can do the FOM without issue, keeps 1-2-3 and then stonefort also complete dalguer oasis for key runs.

I have all but give up WW because it is just broken ATM due to movement speed issues I exhibit i.e rubberbanding, funny though I don't get this when just using sprint with current setup
Reply Quote
Thanks for this post... was having trouble staying alive on certain maps on MP10... no issues now with OP:CA. Seems like a simple change but I thought I really needed the extra 10% crit..

you rock
Reply Quote
Looking at OP's gear, you shouldn't even need OP:CA.

I also used to use OP-CA when I was undergeared but have since realized that rend-bloodlust is just too good to pass up. If you add a litany of undaunted, you do not need OP-CA for vota in the least and would be able to comfortably do VOTA on 3% LS with rend-bloodlust.

I'd say if you want to move to the next level of efficiency, you need to build away from OPCA so you can get that extra 10% crit and/or use rend.
Reply Quote
@FrontSquats,
On paper I couldn't agree more about rend. I've tried to teach myself to replace WW with rend but I find myself totally addicted to the ease and convenience of repositioning with WW that I keep going back to it. Dropping tornadoes "around" a crowd is more work than "through" the crowd using WW... guess I'm just lazy... maybe I should try harder because I really do like rend:bloodlust.

Question: Is Litany generally considered preferable to Unity for elites? maybe that is a change worth considering for defensive purposes?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Reply Quote
@FrontSquats,
On paper I couldn't agree more about rend. I've tried to teach myself to replace WW with rend but I find myself totally addicted to the ease and convenience of repositioning with WW that I keep going back to it. Dropping tornadoes "around" a crowd is more work than "through" the crowd using WW... guess I'm just lazy... maybe I should try harder because I really do like rend:bloodlust.

Question: Is Litany generally considered preferable to Unity for elites? maybe that is a change worth considering for defensive purposes?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Sorry I didn't mean to say replace ww with rend. Here is a potential build you could use for farming:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhPcUR!gZY!ZZcZZY

You can replace Hota with either OP-KS or revenge-Best served cold or bash-punish but I feel hota gives you more versatility vs. the gold champ mob when you want to just kill the boss and move to the next pack and not bother with the minions.

For ubers, you would use:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZaPcQR!XZY!ZbcZZY

I quite like litany so I am more tanky vs elites (this is talking about my old gear - have since sold it off and am just set building time to time). Being more tanky means less deaths, less kiting, more time hitting mobs, If you current have no issues in VOTA/ubers then it's not needed but I personally quite like it. I took a 10k+dps hit switching to litany as well but I found it was worth it. Also made a nice profit selling the ring on rmah.
Reply Quote
heh, my $.02-- loving OPCA... was hot swapping LS belt, but this way I keep iAS and less headaches... not feeling any decrease in clears and 1 death (me = stupid :p)

Now, would bloodlust be better? dunno, but less overall incoming damage is a strong pull....

nice 'trick', this one!

Question: Is Litany generally considered preferable to Unity for elites?

love both personally! one to mitigate, one to boost... I'm not yet on the SoJ bandwagon :/

cheers, peace, love, DETH
Reply Quote
I'm not yet on the SoJ bandwagon :/

cheers, peace, love, DETH

Get one with a -5 hota SOJ and you'll fall in love; not to mention your dps vs elites goes through the roof.
Reply Quote
View profile
i always thought moving forward is the only optimal route...lol
Reply Quote
@FrontSquats,

Thanks for the clarification and excellent ideas, I've gotta do more testing.

This is what makes the game fun!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]