Diablo® III

Unanswered? Paragon Question "Not Clear"

I've not seen the answer to this in the sticky. Just wondering.

So, considering the following:
- Paragon levels are shared between Hardcore And SC charaters "check"
- Paragon Levels are unlimited "kind of checked"
- Who will assign what where "whut?"

Ok, so I get to level 70, I level up my account wide paragon to level 10. I get a chance to "spread" the points. The big question is, if I have a barb, and a wizard. Do I get to spend points individually?

Supposing I have 1- paragon points to spend. Do I get to spend 10 on my level 70 Wizard, and then when I get to level 70 "barb" spend them there too? Or will the points I spent with the wizard, be the same points that I spent with the barb?

Example 1: I spend 10 points in intelligenge, both wizard and barb get them.
Example 2: I get to spend 10 points on my wizard's ingelligence, I get to spend 10 points on my barb's strenght?

Thank you for the clarification.

Regards,
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure Paragon levels are NOT shared between SC and HC.
Reply Quote
The points are totally character specific.

So if you have a Softcore Account Paragon of 10, each individual softcore character has 10 points to spend to their own specifications. Likewise a Paragon 100 account will mean each character has 100 points to spend and so on.

Edit:
09/10/2013 07:50 AMPosted by bigheaded
I'm pretty sure Paragon levels are NOT shared between SC and HC.

I think the OP just means they are shared in each league, not across the actual whole player account.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 9/10/2013 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 07:35 AMPosted by CrippledKT
- Paragon Levels are unlimited "kind of checked"

Also, you can cross this one off as 100% "checked". ;)
Reply Quote
Thank you for the clarification DamienJohn, it was very helpful. Do you have to be level 70 to obtain the benefits of the paragon level? Or will a level 1 receive the benefits?
Edited by CrippledKT#1715 on 9/10/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:19 AMPosted by CrippledKT
Thank you for the clarification DamienJohn, it was very helpful. Do you have to be level 70 to obtain the benefits of the paragon level? Or will a level 1 receive the benefits?

Benefits will be available straight away from Level 1, but of course you can always choose not to spec those points if you want to play through traditionally ("un-twinked").

It's unknown though if you are able to use all your paragon points straight away on a fresh character, or if you the amount is limited depending your level, i.e; every 10 levels you can allocate another 10 points as opposed to all your available points at level 1.
Reply Quote
It's like nobody reads anything, or reading comprehension is just that terrible. The paragon system is honestly not that confusing, I don't understand why people don't get it.

There have been so many articles, blue posts, interviews, etc. where all of this has been explained a thousand times, and yet people still don't understand anything. I'm amazed.
Reply Quote
You're amazed people use a forum to ask questions they didn't see at first glance? I'm amazed at people that complain all over the boards without adding any constructive answer.
Reply Quote
Game Designer
Hey folks,

I'm here to answer some questions about Paragon 2.0.

Paragon levels are account bound, they are also segregated between HC and non HC characters. This means you will have a paragon level associated with HC characters that can not be increased by playing non HC characters. We didn't want players to feel like the "right way" to level their HC paragon was outside of HC.

The intent of account wide paragon is to reward the player, not the specific character. Paragon experience and levels are fun to earn, but they currently have the draw back of making people feel tied to a specific character. We want to let players play the game however they want when possible and this was one case where we felt the right thing to do was let you play any character you want and have them all work towards the same rewards.

In the case of spending paragon points, if you are paragon level 50, you will have 50 points to spend in the assorted categories. Each character that has access to this pool of points will get to allocate them for that character. So your barbs 50 points can be allocated differently than your wizards 50 points.

Lastly yes paragon levels do not have a cap. The amount of experience required to gain a paragon level increases every time you earn a new one so progress becomes slower the higher you are, but if you theoretically played all day every day for the next 10 years you would still be earning paragon experience.

Hope this helps clear up the air about the new system.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the information! Is there anything you can say about the XP curve?

Will, account P100 require about the same amount as P100 for a single character at the moment? More? Less? Any plans?
Reply Quote
The way this is being built sounds really great. Regarding the cap-less levels though, I read somewhere that it actually caps at 9999, which makes sense since surely the UI would reach a point where it simply can't display a 1000000000000000000000000000 level character (not that that would happen).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Thanks for the clarification Travis.

I've got a question regarding the actual spending of points though - should we expect to see hard caps on individual statistics? Or perhaps diminishing returns? As fun as it might be to stack every single point into thorns or pickup radius, wouldn't it be a bit ridiculous for a decade-long player to be able to one shot mobs with reflected damage or auto pickup all gold dropped on a map while sitting at the entrance?
Reply Quote
Still not clear for me: does the current experience ABOVE lvl 100 for a CHAR count? I mean, if I have 1 char and that's it, it's 100 paragon but it has killed much more mobs, would it count or not? Or just the actual xp in paragon levels and that's it?
Reply Quote
So for those of us with 100+ paragon elvels there will never be possible to get fast progression again through a lower paragon character.... really odd way to look at it.

Please do this on softcore and keep levles separate on hardcore.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 01:09 PMPosted by MeatWolf
Still not clear for me: does the current experience ABOVE lvl 100 for a CHAR count? I mean, if I have 1 char and that's it, it's 100 paragon but it has killed much more mobs, would it count or not? Or just the actual xp in paragon levels and that's it?

I can't find the blue post at the moment, but I'm almost completely certain that a character who is currently Paragon level 100 cannot currently help you acquire experience towards the new Paragon system, regardless of how many mobs you keep killing.

This is because a current Paragon level 100 character is not actively gaining any experience and the current plan is that when the new system comes out, only the total experience you have actually earned so far will be used to determine your new Paragon level.
Reply Quote
And we know there are four categories.
On average, each one can be assigned for 12.5 points.
Is that correct ?

09/13/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Travis Day
In the case of spending paragon points, if you are paragon level 50, you will have 50 points to spend in the assorted categories.
Reply Quote
I can't find the blue post at the moment, but I'm almost completely certain that a character who is currently Paragon level 100 cannot currently help you acquire experience towards the new Paragon system, regardless of how many mobs you keep killing.This is because a current Paragon level 100 character is not actively gaining any experience and the current plan is that when the new system comes out, only the total experience you have actually earned so far will be used to determine your new Paragon level.

That's what I thought as well but I haven't read the direct confirmation and decided to ask. Sad but oh well.
Reply Quote
erm, so when it hits, i will lose all of my MF/GF unless I put points in them and ignore other stats? thats makes me sad.

I do like the other options tho.
Reply Quote
erm, so when it hits, i will lose all of my MF/GF unless I put points in them and ignore other stats? thats makes me sad.

This also make me sad. I like meaningful choices too, but FUN choices. Having to choose to stack MF/GF on gear was not a fun choice. Choosing to gimp yourself because it makes farming "more efficient" by playing lower level content with greater rewards was big problem with the whole MF situation that they got rid with paragon levels. (A very nice feature of the current Paragon design, Blizz. Well done there)

Ideally they'd just tie MF/GF to the paragon level of your account, and possibly keep it capped. Choosing between offense and defense? Fun. Choosing between mobility and fast attacks over slow plodding by heavier attack for a different play style? Fun.

Gimping yourself by maxing out your MF and then playing at a lower difficulty so that you can get rewards faster? Not really fun.

I think they made the right decision with the current game when they made stacking MF much less mandatory or desirable.
Reply Quote
MF/GF should either be capped or not even a mechanic at all, to me it would be like a item affix to increase mob density, why wear something to make the reason we play the game in the first place.

last thing we need is D2 problem of the least gear dependent classes getting a free reign to stack mf all they like
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]