Diablo® III

DHs can't equip any melee weapon on console?

Same as title. I couldn't even hit Bashiok with the Rakanishu's Blade because it can't be equipped. Any melee weapon can't be equipped. Including 1H swords! I have the PS3 version, but i've heard the same issue in the 360 boards of another forum, so yeah.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 9/8/2013 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know, that's not a real solution. Nobody seems to know the reason of this change.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Brad
Well I would usually say, "Why would you want to?"

because its a matter of principle. the dh is suppose to be able to equip 1h-weapons and shields. not just their bow/quiver.

but it needs to be fixed if you cant get the challenge. You could log in on another character and do it for now.

really has nothing to do with the achieve either. the fact is its completely broken if they cant equip melee weapons. so it needs to be fixed for that reason. the achievement is just a good illustration of why core structure changes can screw you over in game.

maybe they dont want to play another character?
believe it or not there are ppl out there that play only 1 character and have been playing only 1 character the entire time they have had the game. some ppl just dont have an interest in alts.
Reply Quote
^ exactly THIS, thanks for the support. Spread the word if you can :)
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 9/10/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That and there are demon hunter builds that are melee that do not require bows to use. For example .... here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8508000812

It may not be the most effective but it is FUN to try and play with. Can't do that here.
Reply Quote
Still no reply from anyone 2 weeks after the release of the game. I've also heard that all the other classes cannot use ranged weapons anymore. Not really important, but hey.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 9/18/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this rectified? This is weird since it restricts the builds we can use
Reply Quote
Still no reply, huh? Game was released more than 3 weeks ago.

Not even a single "we removed it on purpose"...
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that this behavior is not a bug. Not allowing Demon Hunters to equip melee weapons was a deliberate design decision, not an oversight or bug. I hope that helps to clear up any confusion about this.
Reply Quote
Well, are you guys going to remove it from the PC version as well? You can do it there.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that this behavior is not a bug. Not allowing Demon Hunters to equip melee weapons was a deliberate design decision, not an oversight or bug. I hope that helps to clear up any confusion about this.

Then change it back because I want to play my Demon Hunter using a melee weapon and a 1 handed crossbow
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

Why not just let them use it? How does it hurt the game?

(Sorry, accidentally clicked submit post too soon)
Edited by Campion608#1257 on 9/27/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can we still equip daggers? or can you introduce knives into the expansion. Because it make sense to equip these sort of items if you want to follow the lore of the DH, even the skill (and the skill portraits) you have. Impale and fan of knives are two examples.
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Cex
Can we still equip daggers? or can you introduce knives into the expansion. Because it make sense to equip these sort of items if you want to follow the lore of the DH, even the skill (and the skill portraits) you have. Impale and fan of knives are two examples.
Nada de nada :(
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

That doesn't clear up anything.
You can do it on PC but not console?
Like one of the other posters had mentioned, there is a specific build that requires one handed.
We're just supposed to say...ok?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
10/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Elzavier
That doesn't clear up anything.

The aim was to clarify that, on console, not being able to equip melee weapons with a Demon Hunter is intended.

You can do it on PC but not console?

This is true. This is also not the only area where the two versions of the game differ.

We're just supposed to say...ok?

That is up to you. I would say that the best course of action is to head over to the Console Discussion forum and let your voice be heard about this by replying to an existing thread about this, or starting your own if one doesn't already exist. Player feedback has always been important to us, and that hasn't changed. However, the bug report forum isn't the right place to express that feedback, simply because it won't reach the proper audience.
Edited by Tsarnis on 10/1/2013 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if we cannot equip melee items on a DH .. then how can we ever get the Bashanishu achievement?

since that requires y'know .. having a certain melee sword equipped.
Reply Quote
if we cannot equip melee items on a DH .. then how can we ever get the Bashanishu achievement?

since that requires y'know .. having a certain melee sword equipped.

This.

I have no time to roll another character, and i've only met Bashiok once since the release of the game ON PC... got a poker face as huge as the american continent. I don't understand why this thing wasn't even advertised.
Reply Quote
LOL
I am so glad I played my friend's copy of D3 on PS3 this weekend because I was so close to buying it for PS3. I discovered this design mistake around level 3 and it saved me a few $$. Staying PC. Sounds like you won't see any of these babies on the console versions:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chuck-1311/hero/38338221
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]