Diablo® III

(ShockNado) I have everything, BUT DPS..

So I followed the ShockNado guide down to the T, and got everything required for a hybrid med/high end build, now I just need the DPS to do higher MP's.

What gear can I get to do some more damage, without affecting current stats? And killing the bank!

Also could use a little bit more life steal.. Stuck at 904 per hit.

Send me a message in-game if you'd like, or post here! Thanks!
Reply Quote
Only thing I'd get rid of is those Taskers. Sure they're the only gloves that can roll a socket, but you're sacrificing a LOT of damage vs. a similar crafted glove. You've got 48int in those taskers, where crafted gloves can roll over 200-300 int.

Work on getting at least the same level of AS and crit. Who knows, maybe even lower would be an upgrade for you; I'm horrible at math unless it's painfully obvious, LOL!
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 9/9/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Crit Damage? Where is it?

Secondly, 14 APOC? Not gunna cut it against a single. Hell, 20 APOC doesn't work against a single..but at least at 2 or 3 mobs..you get a stronger lock.

Your rings are weak...I think you can do better without spending a billy.

EDIT: Crit Damage? Where is it? -- a litttlleee critical of me.. You do have it in a lot of places. But you don't have it on a ring and on your gloves. That's 100% potential CD just not present.

EDIT AGAIN: You've got about 50ish int missing in gems. On my toon, that's like 5,000 DPS.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Your Amulet has no IAS/Ave Dam/Strong Int Roll.

EDIT (I'm beginning to notice a pattern here): You may want to eventually transition to a Nat's/Zuni set...when funds become more readily availabe. Huge boosts.
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 9/9/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Getting a source with 9+ APOC will increase your dps, because right now you're going to be starving yourself on windup and in anything but very large groups.
Reply Quote
Yea, 14 APOC isn't going to cut it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You're driving me crazy James. You have a beautiful 1.79 wand but aren't using it to its full potential. The best part about a 1.78/9 Wand is that you can get to the 2.73 Breakpoint using only 6 items....yet you are using 7. Yeah, they pretty much all need to be 9 IAS...but its worth it.

Imagine rolling rare bracers that were: 220 INT, 70 AR, 5.5CC, VIT. or 300 INT, 70 AR, 6CC. Money. Heck, I'd even salivate over rare ones on the AH, something like 5.5CC, 70AR. armor, 100 INT, maybe even 50 VIT.

I don't mind the taskers....the AR and armor are huge...and the 50 to each of the main stats are very nice.

But please:
9 IAS on the Belt
9 IAS on the offhand ring
9 IAS on the Force (or, 9 IAS on mempo).

You can have five 9's and one 8 with the 1.79 wand.

Roll bracers like a MoFo. 5CC and 65+AR is what you are shooting for. Everything else is gravy.

Oh, your mit is 86.4%...which isn't bad....but, really, you just need to add a little more AR or armor to get it up to 88% or more....then you can drop all of that life that you have!! Really, 45k life is sufficient.

Basically, any ammy for you should start with 8.5CC and 90 CD. Add INT and min/max damage from there....that will give you maximum DPS (since you don't have an OS in your Chant Will, you need to max out CD wherever you can....especially in your ammy. min/max helps too). Then add in %life or VIT or even AR.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 9/9/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You're driving me crazy James. You have a beautiful 1.79 wand but aren't using it to its full potential. The best part about a 1.78/9 Wand is that you can get to the 2.73 Breakpoint using only 6 items....yet you are using 7. Yeah, they pretty much all need to be 9 IAS...but its worth it.

Imagine rolling rare bracers that were: 220 INT, 70 AR, 5.5CC, VIT. or 300 INT, 70 AR, 6CC. Money. Heck, I'd even salivate over rare ones on the AH, something like 5.5CC, 70AR. armor, 100 INT, maybe even 50 VIT.

I don't mind the taskers....the AR and armor are huge...and the 50 to each of the main stats are very nice.

But please:
9 IAS on the Belt
9 IAS on the offhand ring
9 IAS on the Force (or, 9 IAS on mempo).

You can have five 9's and one 8 with the 1.79 wand.

Roll bracers like a MoFo. 5CC and 65+AR is what you are shooting for. Everything else is gravy.

Oh, your mit is 86.4%...which isn't bad....but, really, you just need to add a little more AR or armor to get it up to 88% or more....then you can drop all of that life that you have!! Really, 45k life is sufficient.

Basically, any ammy for you should start with 8.5CC and 90 CD. Add INT and min/max damage from there....that will give you maximum DPS (since you don't have an OS in your Chant Will, you need to max out CD wherever you can....especially in your ammy. min/max helps too). Then add in %life or VIT or even AR.

Alright, I'm going in!

A couple questions first... What the heck is ammy, armor?

I'm going to look for the 9% IAS items, but what other important stats should I look for at the same time? Most things come up with red when I find one, and it goes into the billions.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 12:27 PMPosted by james9120

ammy = amulet
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 12:27 PMPosted by james9120

Ammy = Amuelt
Reply Quote
Gotcha, thanks. Should of known that lol.

I have these bracers rolled from a previous build, I could probably get better ones though, right?
Bracers (Rare Bracers)
374 Armor
+110 Strength
+205 Intelligence
+64 Vitality
+31 Physical Resistance
+154 Armor
Critical Hit Chance increased by 6%
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 12:32 PMPosted by BDF

Ammy = Amuelt

Amuelt = Amulet
Reply Quote
View profile
melkor = classic
Reply Quote
I found this ring, would this be good for my offhand?
Zuni's ring (Set Ring)
+32-49 Damage (Min-Max)
+84 Intelligence
+63 Resistance to All Elements
Attack speed increased by 9%
Each hit adds +104 Life
Critical Hit Damage increased by 32%

Adds 12K DPS, other stats don't change.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, like everyone else said, a Force with as close to 10 APOC as you can afford. and 9 IAS.

Tal Chest....really, you should have alot more AR here. even if you have to tank your VIT roll. 180 INT, 50 VIT, 70 AR (with some armor) would be great.

Ammy/amulet/Amuelt = 90CD, 8.5CC, 150 INT, 50 VIT, min/max

Witching hour...same but with 9 IAS (maybe without the VIT? just make sure your life stays around 40k).

Ice Climbers....i'd look for ones with 500 armor. Not crucial yet, but you should get some eventually.

And you're gonna need 9 IAS on your ring or mempo. Mempo might be easier.

Reply Quote
That is a sexy Zuni Ring bro....VERY sexy....but you need to combine that ring with either a Zuni Boot or a Zuni Chest piece to take advantage of the bonus. Buuuttttt....the downside of your ring is there is no crit chance :( But I don't know man, I like that ring.. Take a look at the ring in my profile and I think you'll understand why it's so expensive. But that's not a bad choice. Be warned! Go zuni chest and you will have to relocate the IAS from the chest elsewhere. Perhaps go with a Zuni Boot for now to take advantage of the int bonus? It will be close to the total into on your iceclimbers...I'd go with a zuni chest...and relocate the ias. #melkorrants.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/09/2013 12:48 PMPosted by james9120
Adds 12K DPS, other stats don't change.

you should really have about 800 LoH....that would give you 446+104=insufficient
Reply Quote
I picked up a Force with 10 AoC and 9%, lost some DPS, but not too much. Changed to my rolled bracers,
Bracers (Rare Bracers)
374 Armor
+110 Strength
+205 Intelligence
+64 Vitality
+31 Physical Resistance
+154 Armor
Critical Hit Chance increased by 6%

about 130K DPS, 2.86APS, 58.5CC, 43K life, still 900 LoH.

If I swap out the boots with my Ice Climbers I have laying around (adds 10K DPS, 7000 life) I can swap out the NAT ring too? But I'll lose a lot of CC :(
Reply Quote
View profile
09/09/2013 01:10 PMPosted by james9120
If I swap out the boots with my Ice Climbers I have laying around (adds 10K DPS, 7000 life) I can swap out the NAT ring too? But I'll lose a lot of CC :(

I'm confused. Check your toon online. You are currently wearing Ice Climbers and have no Nat ring. Log out with your current gear, and let the website update.
Reply Quote
It's updated, bought a Tal Chest with the stats you recommended.
Reply Quote
lvling ur follower would help too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]