Diablo® III

(ShockNado) I have everything, BUT DPS..

So you guys were looking at the build I was testing a couple hours ago.. Awesome! My actual build that is what I was referring to is very similar to what I have now.. Only thing different is the chest, offhand, and wrists. Stats are similar, just less APS and DPS. As of now, I have more ARoC and AR.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
So, you're at 87.6% mit...not bad. 88 or 89 would be better, eventually, for MP9 and 10. But...your DPS suggests....alot lower than that. Like MP5? So, that's plenty for now, you just need to up your DPS so you can do higher MP's.

So, most of the previous advice still stands. You are in a kind of curious gear space with a 1.78/9 wand and a Mempo...for some reason....that's just a little odd, not sure why. Regardless, once you get down to 6 IAS items, you can look for a ring with no IAS (just CC/LoH and INT/min-max and AR) or gloves with no IAS (just CC, CD, INT, AR, etc). I'd be tempted to keep your offhand ring though...its pretty nice for a non-main stat item....and you could still use it whenever you make the jump to an OS Chant Will (as you approach 175-200k DPS).

I'd also consider dropping the AR on your nats ring. Having 24 isn't too much....and that's not alot of VIT either. I'd look for 9IAS/CC/80INT/50 VIT or 9IAS/CC/80INT/min-max or 9IAS/CC/150INT.
Reply Quote
So, you're at 87.6% mit...not bad. 88 or 89 would be better, eventually, for MP9 and 10. But...your DPS suggests....alot lower than that. Like MP5? So, that's plenty for now, you just need to up your DPS so you can do higher MP's.

So, most of the previous advice still stands. You are in a kind of curious gear space with a 1.78/9 wand and a Mempo...for some reason....that's just a little odd, not sure why. Regardless, once you get down to 6 IAS items, you can look for a ring with no IAS (just CC/LoH and INT/min-max and AR) or gloves with no IAS (just CC, CD, INT, AR, etc). I'd be tempted to keep your offhand ring though...its pretty nice for a non-main stat item....and you could still use it whenever you make the jump to an OS Chant Will (as you approach 175-200k DPS).

I'd also consider dropping the AR on your nats ring. Having 24 isn't too much....and that's not alot of VIT either. I'd look for 9IAS/CC/80INT/50 VIT or 9IAS/CC/80INT/min-max or 9IAS/CC/150INT.

Got it, thanks for all the help!

So I'm clear on things.. Since I got a 9% IAS on the Force, now I just need a 9% belt, and mempo would work?
What stats am I looking for in regards to a belt? Everything seems to come up red.

EDIT: Same for Mempo lol. The only decent Mempo's would cost me the 4.5 CC
Edited by james9120#1230 on 9/9/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
With a 1.79 wand you need Five 9's and One 6.

You have 9 IAS on Nat Ring, T&T, Tal's Chest, and Chant Force
You have 8 IAS on Mempo, rare ring, and Witching Hour.

Convert one of the 8's into a 9, and you can drop one of the other 8's.

9*5=45+8=53
1.53*1.79=2.7387, anything above 2.7273 is above the breakpoint

I'm not sure what the easiest to upgrade from 8 to 9 might be. I might be tempted to upgrade the mempo to 9IAS...even if that meant dropping to 4CC. You are pretty good with CC right now since you have Nat's set (and a CC ring to boot)....and with the anticipation of crafting 5+CC Bracers with AR...I'd be OK with that. Really, your belt is awfully nice with AR and Armor and Vit. I might hold off on it. That will allow you do drop IAS then on your ring...and rearrange stats between your ammy and ring (maybe LoH on ammy?, etc).

Reply Quote
Alright! I think I'm at a good point now.. If you think there's more I can do that'll make a drastic difference, please let me know!

Thanks everyone for all the help!
Reply Quote
not sure if this was already mentioned... but have you tried an INT // Crit dmg nat's reflection? watch your sheet damage sky rocket... since it already gives a 7% crit chance 2pc set bonus...

Also.. please use Shocking aspect as the rune for your storm armor. it's the only storm armor that procs on crit. thx.
Edited by Phorn#1408 on 9/9/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Update:

So my build is doing really well... I hardly ever die, been in parties up to MP8 on Act I without too many issues. But, I'm looking to do some more! Time to improvise, again.

Looks like the next update will be a CD wand, with 1.65 APS. I looked for another source of APS, but couldn't find anything without sacrificing something very valuable, such as LoH. I tried to find some Prowlers that would suit my current stats, but with 9% APS, couldn't find a single pair. I will be switching my Belt to a 9% APS, with hopefully more AR.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to improve, please share!

Reply Quote
Hello there. I was at the same place you were in couple weeks ago, so I understand better what you are going through. The other guys are just 2 GG geared for us (wink).

Anyways, checked out your profile, I have a few suggestions.

Like you stated above, get a socket Chant and put a 110+ CD on it. Boost dps by a lot. Your ammy is really nice already.

I would look into a Lacuni with 6 CC, adds movement speed too, which is really nice. Prefer AR/Vit.

You going to need a ring with IAS/CC/CD since you are going for the Socket Chant. Unity is fairly cheap and fits your situation here. It comes with LoH, Average damage, CC, IAS. You can go either way on rings, but need one with high IAS.

This should be a good start on improving gears.
Reply Quote
View profile
i think you're looking great with five 9's and one 8 along with the 1.79 to hit the 2.73 breakpoint! I took that gear setup all the way to about 230k DPS with a 1200 DPS 1.79 wand. No need to give up on it yet...unless you really want to. Switching to OS gives you some DPS, but you will certainly drop EHP as well. i.e. try finding a lacunai with 4CC/75AR and INT in your price range.

09/12/2013 01:50 PMPosted by james9120
but couldn't find anything

Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for things to shop up on the AH at the right price for you to make the move that you need to. Patience, James9120.

I got your friend request. I'll see if I have any giveaway gear....also, Worloega gave me some stuff when he quit a few months ago. I'll see if I have anything that will help.

Recon has some decent advice too. I just think that once you go OS Will, adding IAS to two more pieces (lacunis, ammy, and/or off-hand ring) really limits your options (so expensive). Of course, keeping all 9's on most of your gear (except the one 8) can also limit your options as well, just in a different way.

Personally I think you can march up toward 200k before you really have to make the switch to OS Will.
Reply Quote
You can take a slightly different approach and really push your CC%, e.g., with a Mara's or Skull Grasp with the ETwister CC% bonus. Stuff just explodes for me with 84% CC (single target 69%.)
Reply Quote
i think you're looking great with five 9's and one 8 along with the 1.79 to hit the 2.73 breakpoint! I took that gear setup all the way to about 230k DPS with a 1200 DPS 1.79 wand. No need to give up on it yet...unless you really want to. Switching to OS gives you some DPS, but you will certainly drop EHP as well. i.e. try finding a lacunai with 4CC/75AR and INT in your price range.

but couldn't find anything

Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for things to shop up on the AH at the right price for you to make the move that you need to. Patience, James9120.

I got your friend request. I'll see if I have any giveaway gear....also, Worloega gave me some stuff when he quit a few months ago. I'll see if I have anything that will help.

Recon has some decent advice too. I just think that once you go OS Will, adding IAS to two more pieces (lacunis, ammy, and/or off-hand ring) really limits your options (so expensive). Of course, keeping all 9's on most of your gear (except the one 8) can also limit your options as well, just in a different way.

Personally I think you can march up toward 200k before you really have to make the switch to OS Will.

What would you suggest I start changing to get closer to 200K? Looks (and feels) like I need some more AR too.
Reply Quote
View profile
I"m not sure....good question. Eventually you'll need to get away from the TNT's. You'll be looking for IAS/CC and 65 AR with some CD. CD's the thing that you're missing on your gloves. You'd really like alot of INT there too. If you watch the BID's you can get some nice gloves that might slip through the cracks. You still need to be lucky though.

Certainly the easiest upgrade is your boots. You need to add VIT there....and a double DEX roll is nice as well. I"m sure I have an extra pair around that I can let you have.

Never hurts to have more CC on your ring as well. Maybe VIT instead of the avg dam roll...depending on your needs. I might have a ring to sell you...not sure.

Your offhand ring is pretty limited with the 6CC. if you can add a point or two elsewhere (or maybe even if you don't, since your CC is pretty nice) then you can get a ring with 9IAS and 4CC....add other useful stats...like AR and INT (and VIT or % life...depending on how much you replace on your boots, etc).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]