Diablo® III

200mil budget; gear advice for MP10 please

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Acky-1783/hero/26371919

I had a little stash before I quit the game. Sort of a nice surprise to come back to, lol.

I am hoping with this budget, I can make enough of an upgrade to get into MP10. To anyone rocking exclusively to MP10, what sort of stats should I keep an eye out for on item slots? I think I have the current break point for my 'nados to be effective.

Or, is this even enough of a budget to get me into MP10?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882549191

it costs way less than 200m.
Reply Quote
Thanks, Uber. Good to see a familiar name after being gone so long, lol. I was wondering though, the profile within the link you posted, is that sort of a guideline for stats to look for?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Acky
Thanks, Uber. Good to see a familiar name after being gone so long, lol. I was wondering though, the profile within the link you posted, is that sort of a guideline for stats to look for?

Its just a budget build for farming MP10 efficiently.

Since everyone's into para farming FoM this is what this set intends to do (at a very low cost)
Reply Quote
Should I stick to DW? It seems more and more people are using Skorn, but I already have quite a bit going for APS, I think anyway.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Acky
Should I stick to DW? It seems more and more people are using Skorn, but I already have quite a bit going for APS, I think anyway.

It's all personal preference unless you want to min/max all the way in which case you'd have to do alot of calcs.

But general consensus amongst most of the players I know is that skorn> DW for now.
Reply Quote
If I switch to Skorn, would the rest of my gear need to be switched completely, as well?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Acky
If I switch to Skorn, would the rest of my gear need to be switched completely, as well?

Nope.
Reply Quote
Is there ever a break point where DW is more damaging than Skorn? I can see Skorn topping out on single targets, but like I mentioned, I've been away for so long I almost feel like a noob.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Acky
Is there ever a break point where DW is more damaging than Skorn? I can see Skorn topping out on single targets, but like I mentioned, I've been away for so long I almost feel like a noob.

The only advantage dual wielding has over skorn is the ease of fury gen.

and a better mid-tier gear performance.

Thats about it.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Uberjager

The only advantage dual wielding has over skorn is the ease of fury gen.

and a better mid-tier gear performance.

Thats about it.

You forgot about increased group EHP through fear. Put echoing fury on mainhand to optimize this effect, 15%+ fear chance preferable.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Acky

This has a lot to do with how the meta has shifted. The buffs to monster level and drop rates from trash mobs has made trash farming generally more profitable both for loot and xp than elite farming. (Except in the case of DE's) While the emphasis was always DPS vs elites in the past, the emphasis is now raw DPS * area, which makes rend damage much more important. Skorn naturally excels in this area on virtue of being a 2-hander with a large damage range. While the damage from rltw tornadoes will be a little weaker than dual wield, the advantage in rend damage will make up for it.

As Uberjager said, Skorn's biggest weakness has always been (relatively) poor fury generation. But while in the past items with high crit chance and attack speed were attainable only for the highest-end players, they are more accessible now. Add to that the increased mob density making even very low attack speed breakpoints viable.
Reply Quote
Ah, ok. Are Skorn users cheaper to gear, overall? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but I don't like to gamble much with gold lol. If I wanted to be able to solo Ubers, would your PL45 Barb be a decent guideline?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:01 AMPosted by silverfire

This has a lot to do with how the meta has shifted. The buffs to monster level and drop rates from trash mobs has made trash farming generally more profitable both for loot and xp than elite farming. (Except in the case of DE's) While the emphasis was always DPS vs elites in the past, the emphasis is now raw DPS * area, which makes rend damage much more important. Skorn naturally excels in this area on virtue of being a 2-hander with a large damage range. While the damage from rltw tornadoes will be a little weaker than dual wield, the advantage in rend damage will make up for it.

As Uberjager said, Skorn's biggest weakness has always been (relatively) poor fury generation. But while in the past items with high crit chance and attack speed were attainable only for the highest-end players, they are more accessible now. Add to that the increased mob density making even very low attack speed breakpoints viable.

Given my current gear, minus the weapons, how would my IAS breakpoint be if I switched to Skorn?

Also, if Skorn were to be my biggest upgrade, what stats should I look for?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Acky

Given my current gear, minus the weapons, how would my IAS breakpoint be if I switched to Skorn?

Also, if Skorn were to be my biggest upgrade, what stats should I look for?

Just run it through a calc. Side's you can run a skorn setup with minimal IAS. As long as you're only tackling high mob density areas.
Reply Quote
Would D3rawr.com work, or are there better ones?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Acky
Would D3rawr.com work, or are there better ones?

It's fine. Use it.
Reply Quote
Thanks again, Uber. How much did your Skorn with LS cost?
Reply Quote
Another thing people don't mention is that dual wield makes the best use of Overpower. Since it scales only on main hand weapon damage, and refreshes faster with higher attack speed, it's the perfect spell for dual wielders.

Dual wield users focus on sprint tornadoes and overpower, while skorn users focus on Rend.

You forgot about increased group EHP through fear. Put echoing fury on mainhand to optimize this effect, 15%+ fear chance preferable.

You're so mean!
Edited by suddenZenith#1265 on 9/10/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What is the minimum amount of IAS I will need to get the ideal breakpoint for using a slower-swinging weapon? I can take out the 0.25 APS on my DPS calculator, in which I am left at 1.79 APS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]