Diablo® III

Story Logic - Writers

Were the writers of the story changed between games..

From what I can tell Diablo 1 is wholly based on King Leroic and his son and blah blah...
Two is based on the 3 brothers shenanigans.
And three is on Adria and her drama...

Here is my question:

Why was there no mention of Adria in any of Diablo 2 (game play)

Yet she's one of the focal points in three.... Did the writers forget she existed... Or did i miss something.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:58 AMPosted by WallaWalla
From what I can tell Diablo 1 is wholly based on King Leroic and his son and blah blah...

Leoric himself was somewhat of a sidequest in Diablo 1, his arc wasn't guaranteed when you created your character, I believe it was a 50/50 chance. His son (and later sons) however, obviously played a pivotal roll.

09/10/2013 09:58 AMPosted by WallaWalla
Why was there no mention of Adria in any of Diablo 2 (game play)

Well when it comes down to it, she didn't play any major roll in the first game either, she was simply a vendor not unlike those random ones you will find in the starting areas of each act. She only really became an integral plot element in the 3rd game due to Leah and the Black Soulstone.

It is explained that before then she was operating in complete secrecy, so there wouldn't be much of a point for her to show up in Diablo 2. Also, when writing the second game they didn't have the overarching plot laid out (not all of it anyway), so at that point it's unlikely that even the writers knew she would play such an important role in the trilogy.
Reply Quote

The entire team was "changed", not only the writers. Diablo 3 was made, for all intents and purposes, by a different company (with a similar name ;-)).
No, that's no joke. D1 and D2 were made by Blizzard North, which was completely separate from the "main" Blizzard at Irvine. They even worked on D3 until 2005, when the whole thing was scrapped, Blizzard North disbanded, and the IP fell to Blizzard Irvine.
Edited by Muesli#2215 on 9/11/2013 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

The entire team was "changed", not only the writers. Diablo 3 was made, for all intents and purposes, by a different company (with a similar name ;-)).
No, that's no joke. D1 and D2 were made by Blizzard North, which was completely separate from the "main" Blizzard at Irvine. They even worked on D3 until 2005, when the whole thing was scrapped, Blizzard North disbanded, and the IP fell to Blizzard Irvine.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]