Diablo® III

CM Wiz gears - From 5 Kingdom challenge

She XD

Passing it on to Wildcard now. I did a run with Bumbly real quick and those two tricks aren't working (either my keyboard or internet I think), and doing ye ol' roll of the fingers has caused me some severe arm pain. Beautiful set though! Works like a charm :D

Yes, She. And no, not trying to get into her pants xD.

So anyway, thanks for getting back to me, I'm assuming that Wildcard'll be using it for awhile. Just wondering, how much does it cost to build a mp10 party capable freeze wiz?

thanks
Edited by Nivre#6294 on 9/4/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I built mine for about 30mil without stones and can run mp10 with a good group. Solo I farm mp7-8

I chose to go for a bit more dps and to not hit the final break point of 3.01

With my internet connection it wasnt worth the expense.
My build has plenty of room for improvement but its going to take time and gold to get there.

I dont solo play with this often as I much prefer group play while running my cm
Reply Quote
I built mine for about 30mil without stones and can run mp10 with a good group. Solo I farm mp7-8

30 mil? Interesting, I had the impression that good CM setups cost about a bil to run mp10. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Start reading here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628662863

Then as you build progress over to here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728753771

All the info I used to build what I currently have.
It explains everything you need to know and breaks down how to pick a wand and equipment to hit the different breakpoints.

Also helps to get lucky on a few auctions to keep the cost down. I only paid 1,999,999 for my Tals chest.
I think someone forgot a digit when pricing it
Reply Quote
@nivre if u want to build a solid sns wis then it costs a bil since ur not getting the mitigation from energy armor

however if ur running with a good group the costs change quite a bit and u can use energy armor to get most of ur mit and decrease costs of building the wiz

if u really need help i think RobertVarga is having quite a blast building cm sets atm however he plays from somewhere in europe so hes on at non standard times for north american players
Reply Quote
Im interested in running with the set. Got my wizzy to 60 and put my monks gear on her and crafted a few BOA pieces. I'll pay it forward when the time comes =)

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
I have a Wiz that i am trying to level to 100 but currently can only farm reasonably fast on MP6. I think i may have geared wrongly on my Archon and would like a go at a SNS wiz. Makes me feel more useful in group play.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Mole
I have a Wiz that i am trying to level to 100 but currently can only farm reasonably fast on MP6. I think i may have geared wrongly on my Archon and would like a go at a SNS wiz. Makes me feel more useful in group play.

The thing with archon is that the efficient MP is the one where you can pretty much annihilate all the trash mobs with one sweep of your beam. To be able to do mp8+ you're going to need like 300k base dps or thereabouts, which is just insane.

CM is definitely more viable for higher MPs if you're on a budget. Once you get that freeze going in a decent group then you're good to go. On higher MPs, though, CM can be pretty time consuming without pretty high dps.
Reply Quote
Hey someone beat me to it? Oh well, :P @Bumply, would love your input on what gear to get right now. I needed lots of stuff but am holding myself hoping for the loot 2.0 to be patch. But man, I need cc so bad. Point me 1-2 gears needs replacing ASAP. I will read that link you post when I sign in to pc. Right now this phone really not helping me see :) thanks a bunch
Reply Quote
@nivre if u want to build a solid sns wis then it costs a bil since ur not getting the mitigation from energy armor

however if ur running with a good group the costs change quite a bit and u can use energy armor to get most of ur mit and decrease costs of building the wiz

if u really need help i think RobertVarga is having quite a blast building cm sets atm however he plays from somewhere in europe so hes on at non standard times for north american players

Thanks for the clarification, whos robertvarge?
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Amiar

The thing with archon is that the efficient MP is the one where you can pretty much annihilate all the trash mobs with one sweep of your beam. To be able to do mp8+ you're going to need like 300k base dps or thereabouts, which is just insane.

CM is definitely more viable for higher MPs if you're on a budget. Once you get that freeze going in a decent group then you're good to go. On higher MPs, though, CM can be pretty time consuming without pretty high dps.

+1
solo play with a sns at high mp is expensive.
Elites for me hake a huge amount of time to kill by myself and its not practical to do cause of the strain on my hands. Group play is where its at with cm unless you have no budget.

@Mcam.
Your attack speed barely hits the minimum for cm and is far from optimal. Try to hit the 2.5 breakpoint in the 2nd guide link. Also swap out unstable anomaly for critical mass and storm armour for pinpoint barrier. You need a lot more attack speed and have tons of spots to get it in. Ring, chest, amulet are all spots that have none. You also need more LOH, a minimum of 800 and the more the better. Stormcrow and BT pants are the norm and a stormcrow with CC is going to be more beneficial than one with a socket.

Try the guides out as they are very detailed and tell you step by step on what to buy and why.
It worked great for me and I didnt buy stuff that had no use in what I was trying to achieve.

There is a giveaway thread on the wiz forum for starters and its linked in the 1st link I posted.
MrDuMa was a great help on my build and is doing weekly giveaways of starter sets on the wizard forum. I'm gonna go through my stuff later and see what I have as well and may be able to do a starter set as well but not sure if I have all or most of the pieces.
Reply Quote
I'd like to jump on a CM set as well, but right now I'm more focused on my WD build. When all and done, I'd like to have all my classes ready to rock with a good setup.

So far
Monk, 250k dps with Nirvana build and is mp10 all day, Cookie/WKL as well
Barb, 250k dps with WW or WW/HotA hybrid mp10 all day, carry 3 dead in ubers
WD, 133k dps Bats build, just learning
Wiz, gear all bad lol, would like a CM wiz for when needed for groups
DH, 262k dps that isn't worth a dame, only thanks to SS, prolly my last class I'll worry about ATM.

My Wiz will be the next in line to get geared properly for CM build, but will probably like a Archon setup for exp running as well.
Reply Quote
It is an interesting set to play with. Defiantely not for solo runs IMO, as Archon works much faster. Great for group play, Ubers, and MP10 exp farming. :)

Is there a list for who is next. I see Captain Carl wants to test it. A couple others in the thread looked interested, but sounded like they wanted it for long term...
Reply Quote
Maybe let whoever wants to test it test it out first before deciding?
Reply Quote
i would like to enter my son into this giveaway. he is ebzero. he plays archon but is very low geared. he wants to play with me and if he got better gear he would enjoy the experience a lot more and so would i. thanks for your time
Reply Quote
Sinafae has the wiz set.
He will pass on to the next person when done.

I passed the wiz set to Sinafae yesterday.
He said he will pass on to the next person.
Reply Quote
I'd love one, but I already have a 100k dps wizard (just sharing some gear with my wd) and I would rather win a wd set xD.
Reply Quote
Sinafae has the wiz set.
He will pass on to the next person when done.

I passed the wiz set to Sinafae yesterday.
He said he will pass on to the next person.

It's now with wildcard.
Reply Quote
@Mcam.
Your attack speed barely hits the minimum for cm and is far from optimal. Try to hit the 2.5 breakpoint in the 2nd guide link. Also swap out unstable anomaly for critical mass and storm armour for pinpoint barrier. You need a lot more attack speed and have tons of spots to get it in. Ring, chest, amulet are all spots that have none. You also need more LOH, a minimum of 800 and the more the better. Stormcrow and BT pants are the norm and a stormcrow with CC is going to be more beneficial than one with a socket.

Try the guides out as they are very detailed and tell you step by step on what to buy and why.
It worked great for me and I didnt buy stuff that had no use in what I was trying to achieve.

There is a giveaway thread on the wiz forum for starters and its linked in the 1st link I posted.
MrDuMa was a great help on my build and is doing weekly giveaways of starter sets on the wizard forum. I'm gonna go through my stuff later and see what I have as well and may be able to do a starter set as well but not sure if I have all or most of the pieces.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch, yeah I start reading the guide. Really helpful, I rearrange and do some hunting in AH :)
Reply Quote
Wildcard has kindly dropped the set off with me. Feel free to get in touch.

Edit: In the spirit of honest and full disclosure, I must say that I've spoken to my friend and it will be a tad before she's sorted out the last of her issues. I will be mucking around with the set in that time, but like i said do get in touch if you want to give it a whirl. Thanks.
Edited by Nivre#6294 on 9/10/2013 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]