Diablo® III

Finally! My Own Dream Monk Built.

Just to share my personal small achievement: Over 300K DPS with Dual LS(6%) and targetted over 800 AR. (Note: set your goal right and will be on the correct track.)

Happy Building!
Reply Quote
I like your WH, reminds me of mine only nicer. Your Mempo is also very purty.

Good job.
Reply Quote
I like your WH, reminds me of mine only nicer. Your Mempo is also very purty.

Good job.

Thanks. You too have a solid monk.. =)
Reply Quote
Nice one!

Just a thought though:

You have 726 AR + 35 (Int) = 761 AR

You have light resist and fire resist of only an additional 44 or 45 AR with OWE respectively.

IMO, you waste your passive slot OWE as you are only adding a small amount of additional AR.

Crafting some nice quad gloves with AR and poison would be awesome as you already have the additional fire in the OP amulet.
Reply Quote
Nice one!

Just a thought though:

You have 726 AR + 35 (Int) = 761 AR

You have light resist and fire resist of only an additional 44 or 45 AR with OWE respectively.

IMO, you waste your passive slot OWE as you are only adding a small amount of additional AR.

Crafting some nice quad gloves with AR and poison would be awesome as you already have the additional fire in the OP amulet.

Good point. However, IMHO feel that whatever minimum AR points are crucial for sustainability to survive the most critical situations. Example, tight-quarters' situation when facetanking elites with numerous elemental/ poison inflictions attacks especially, the most dreaded 'Death Beams'! Right? That debates why I sacrifice 1 passive skill slot for OWE.. =)

Cheers. .
Reply Quote
Congratz!

This is also my dream thread, but without EF.

I think 761 AR is pretty enough to face tank with Death Beams.If you don't feel safe, you can use that free slot with Resolve, Pacifism or NDE. But it is your preference and just do it what you want.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 9/5/2013 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice! Congrats!
Reply Quote
Congratz!

This is also my dream thread, but without EF.

I think 761 AR is pretty enough to face tank with Death Beams.If you don't feel safe, you can use that free slot with Resolve, Pacifism or NDE. But it is your preference and just do it what you want.

For sharing, my experience with my EF(18.6% chance to fear on hit) able to fear off elite with 'DB', which leads my monk away from harms' ways definitely comes handy in sticky situations. However, at e same time kind of nuisance to chase after the feared targets. Simply can't have the best of both worlds..lol.. =)
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 03:54 AMPosted by BONEYARD
Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks.. =)
Reply Quote
Very nice setup man, but I agree you should not be using OWE anymore. BoY would be a lot better to be able to Blind every 12 sec vs 15 sec. That right there is worth a lot more then 45 more AR over 760. I have 695 AR with my int added in and that's plenty.

All in all, grats on the sweet monk!
Reply Quote
Well done! It isn't easy building a high DPS monk with high EHP, especially when you gear away from OWE. : )
Reply Quote
Very nice setup man, but I agree you should not be using OWE anymore. BoY would be a lot better to be able to Blind every 12 sec vs 15 sec. That right there is worth a lot more then 45 more AR over 760. I have 695 AR with my int added in and that's plenty.

Thanks for advise. Well, I do use BoY when facetanking Acts & Ubers Bosses. Just feel kind of 'handicapped' w/o OWE when dealing elites with 'death beams'. Your EF reminds of mine with 96% CD(28,756 more damage compared to present) incubating inside stash. IMHO, dual LS plays a
very much more valuable factor..

Cheers.
Reply Quote
sweet monk
Reply Quote
Nice!!! Drooling over a lot of your gear but in particular that Nat's ring.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Treleth
Well done! It isn't easy building a high DPS monk with high EHP, especially when you gear away from OWE. : )

Thanks. Sure it isn't easy man! Take quite awhile to hunt and craft in order to build the present well-balanced monk..
Reply Quote

Thanks for advise. Well, I do use BoY when facetanking Acts & Ubers Bosses. Just feel kind of 'handicapped' w/o OWE when dealing elites with 'death beams'. Your EF reminds of mine with 96% CD(28,756 more damage compared to present) incubating inside stash. IMHO, dual LS plays a

Cheers.

Agreed, but not for Nirvana build. Single LS main hand with CD echo off hand is way better for Bells and can run mp10 all day like that. I have a 1141 dps LS echo that I can use, but this one with CD is a lot better for this build. I use my LS echo and LS WKL for cookie build, or I have a nice pair of 1100dps+ swords with dex/cd/ls/os if I feel like playing fearless :)

I can't see how you can notice the difference between 760 vs 800 AR tho. It has to be minimal IMO

Edit: Yes, that Nat's ring is a sick one. Can I have :P hahahaha
Edited by Hambone07si#1580 on 9/5/2013 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 06:12 AMPosted by HOLYSNIKEYS
sweet monk

Thanks.. =)
Reply Quote

Cheers.

Agreed, but not for Nirvana build. Single LS main hand with CD echo off hand is way better for Bells and can run mp10 all day like that. I have a 1141 dps LS echo that I can use, but this one with CD is a lot better for this build. I use my LS echo and LS WKL for cookie build, or I have a nice pair of 1100dps+ swords with dex/cd/ls/os if I feel like playing fearless :)

I can't see how you can notice the difference between 760 vs 800 AR tho. It has to be minimal IMO

Edit: Yes, that Nat's ring is a sick one. Can I have :P hahahaha

A pity most items probably trash when xpac arrives.. =(

But it fuels me with elusion and motivation to build up even better character ie. Crusader.. =)
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 06:18 AMPosted by BigE
Nice!!! Drooling over a lot of your gear but in particular that Nat's ring.

.. =)
Reply Quote
Never know, with Mystic, we mite be able to roll our items in to godly ones then too? I hope
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]