Diablo® III

Barb dying alot (Xbox360/normal-hardmode)

Hi!

Just started playing the game on xbox360 normal hard. Tha barb dies alot! and i mean alot .. 3 reg mobs kills him with 2-4 hits.

What am i doing wrong or is this as hard as its meant to be? Any1 else have the same prob?

Any help would be greatful!
Reply Quote
If this is the first time you touch D3 either on PC or 360, I recommend you to play Easy mode.

Normal and Hard does not have any benefits over Easy mode AT ALL apart from the challenging hit harder, die slower mobs.
Reply Quote
Really? thought the loot were better as on the pc version?

Feel like more elits and better drops
Reply Quote
Really? thought the loot were better as on the pc version?

Feel like more elits and better drops

You will get bonus MF, GF and EXP only when you play on Master I - V difficulty

Try it yourself, check your MF % stat on Easy and Hard. It's no different. Now try on Master V
Edited by iQuit#6421 on 9/6/2013 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ty m8 will check it out ... just really struck by the difficult levels .. in pc was no prob at all
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Delicious
in pc was no prob at all

Many PC players are used to with "Oh, I cant get pass this boss, lets shopping!" mindset. Not saying AH is bad but rather convenient. Me too, playing Hard first time thinking this would be easy but in fact, I couldn't get pass Skeleton King first try and I was looking for AH already lol

Lucky for us console player, just lower it to Normal or Easy and that will do the job just fine.
Reply Quote
Everyone is jumping into normal/hard and complaining. You're on a new account. You've no hellfire rings, you've no high tier gems to put in your socketed weapons, and you've no auction house to make things easier. Drop to easy get through to 60 faster and go have fun.
Reply Quote
Yup, I found Hard way too hard to start out on - I've been playing on Medium since and it's fine.

My Barb got 3-shot by a zombie outside New-Tristram when I began on hard, LOL.
Reply Quote
I think Normal is way more difficult than the PC version. I play as a Barb as well. I was pretty shocked at how many times I died in Highlands Crossing xD I had to turn the difficulty down to Easy to get through it and the beginning of Act II on Xbox 360. I also realized I wasn't using my Follower. He/She is a big help if you decide to use one.
Reply Quote
Hard IS Hard. I have hundreds of hours played on the pc version, but Hard just isn't playable when you're starting with the console version (I started playing on Hard too).

Me and my friend got totally rekt later in Act I and that's when we switched down to Medium.

09/06/2013 01:40 AMPosted by iQuit
Me too, playing Hard first time thinking this would be easy but in fact, I couldn't get pass Skeleton King first try

Hehe yeah, SK took like 15-20 minutes of kiting for me and my friend to take down on Hard. It was fun as hell, but yeah, later on we didn't stand a chance.

Everyone is jumping into normal/hard and complaining.

Wat.
Edited by Saphiras#2613 on 9/6/2013 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I found I died more on the DH when I first tried Xbox lol Barb is a piece of cake... but if you wish to go Barb then I suggest build your health and armor up then dmg to start.
Reply Quote
Did any of you even play PC D3 at all?

Regardless of gear/hellfire rings etc. Hard mode on console is harder than MP10 on PC (at least for normal difficulty, it's ridiculous).
Reply Quote
in pc was no prob at all

Many PC players are used to with "Oh, I cant get pass this boss, lets shopping!" mindset. Not saying AH is bad but rather convenient. Me too, playing Hard first time thinking this would be easy but in fact, I couldn't get pass Skeleton King first try and I was looking for AH already lol

Lucky for us console player, just lower it to Normal or Easy and that will do the job just fine.

Killed SK while in normal HCSF. (MP10)

No excuses.
Edited by Middy#1937 on 9/6/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is it 100% stated that your M/F and G/F(or that drops aren't increased) find isn't boosted on normal and hard? There is a post from blizzard that states that Easy is MP0, Normal is MP2, Hard is MP4 etc...
Edited by ZAX#1803 on 9/6/2013 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 10:13 AMPosted by ZAX
Is it 100% stated that your M/F and G/F(or that drops aren't increased) find isn't boosted on normal and hard? There is a post from blizzard that states that Easy is MP0, Normal is MP2, Hard is MP4 etc...

Yea there was a blue post, but read it again. They were talking purely about the difficulty and how it can sort of scale similarly to MP levels and even wrote a chart for comparison. However Note they were only talking about difficulty not bonuses, the comment even said that this chart is only an example and subject to change which it clearly was as the MP Difficulty does not even scale comparatively.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
09/06/2013 10:13 AMPosted by ZAX

I know there is some confusion on the forums about how Easy, Normal, and Hard modes affect adventure stats, so I'm going to try and help clear that up. Those modes (Easy, Normal, and Hard) do not alter Magic Find, Gold Find, or XP Bonus in any way, and are just there so players can adjust the difficulty to their liking.

Once you're ready to handle something more challenging than Hard difficulty, however, those bonuses quickly ramp up. Here's what you can expect from Master I - Master V difficulties.

Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus
Reply Quote
Very nice, thanks for the clarification. Would you happen to know how master affects monster hp and attack as well?
Reply Quote
Yeah but it sound slike there is Easy through hard versions of Master 1 thru 5 or am I mistaken?
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Grimiku

I know there is some confusion on the forums about how Easy, Normal, and Hard modes affect adventure stats, so I'm going to try and help clear that up. Those modes (Easy, Normal, and Hard) do not alter Magic Find, Gold Find, or XP Bonus in any way, and are just there so players can adjust the difficulty to their liking.

Once you're ready to handle something more challenging than Hard difficulty, however, those bonuses quickly ramp up. Here's what you can expect from Master I - Master V difficulties.

Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]