Diablo® III

Question about Hysteria on Scoundrel

FYI, I'm rather new to playing a barb (wd is my main).

I wanted to know if I apply Rend to a group of enemies and Hysteria is activated does Rend snap shot the damage buff for the 5 secs?

I do realize that if my follower dies I loose the Hysteria buff option unlike Anatomy where you keep it.

I'm highly interested in using Hysteria over Anatomy as I am able to get by with the -3% cc loss and the 10% dmg buff according to d3up.com is quite a significant dmg buff at my current gear lvl.

I figure as long as I'm able to keep my follower a live that the Hysteria buff would be quite beneficial to my build and farming method.

I normally use a hellfire ring and leorics on my follower but I choose to beef up my scoundrels dmg reduction for better survivability. I'll have to run a few test runs to see if there is much difference in xp gains or losses with this method.

Thx in advance for anyone who answers my question.
Reply Quote
If hysteria is up when you cast rend, then your rend will benefit from it. Is it worth it? Well your buffed crit chance is only 85% without anatomy, 88% with, while the cap is 93%. The 10% buff is watered down by brawler (30%) and battle rage (15%), so the actual boost is about 6.8%.

I guess the best way is just to test it out. Personally I'd rather not depend on a slightly randomly active buff to be on to kill trash reliably, whereas extra crit chance should improve consistency by bringing me closer to the crit cap.

You might also want to try WW/rend with a skorn. The high base damage will do wonders for your rend damage.
Reply Quote
If hysteria is up when you cast rend, then your rend will benefit from it. Is it worth it? Well your buffed crit chance is only 85% without anatomy, 88% with, while the cap is 93%. The 10% buff is watered down by brawler (30%) and battle rage (15%), so the actual boost is about 6.8%.

I guess the best way is just to test it out. Personally I'd rather not depend on a slightly randomly active buff to be on to kill trash reliably, whereas extra crit chance should improve consistency by bringing me closer to the crit cap.

You might also want to try WW/rend with a skorn. The high base damage will do wonders for your rend damage.

Thx for the reply. Yeah I'm just testing hysteria, I haven't done enough runs yet to say it an improvement in xp or not.

In regards to your advice about the Skorn, I did originally buy and use a Skorn with my first build and for the life of me I could not keep my Wrath up to save my life it was always falling off and I even added attack speed to my gear afterwards and still couldn't keep it up.

So at that point I decided to go with a 1h axe and EF and now Wrath never dies and I don't even have to look at the buff to worry if it will, I can rend and ww all damn day. Yes I know I/m probably the worst barb in the world for someone who can't keep wrath up with a skorn.

I've seen it done, Moldran was the one who I used as a reference when I built my barb and he is some how able to keep wrath up most of the time with a Skorn. Moldran says he runs a 1.67 break point to keep his wrath up. I actually had more than that and as I said I still couldn't keep it up. I honestly don't know what I was doing wrong. I even went back and watched his game play VoD's to watch his cool downs and see what he's spamming and when, either way I still failed at skorn with wrath.

Any tips on it would be great.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 9/9/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Keeping wrath is one of those things that will come with experience. You can actually WW/rend with as little 1.18APS (1.43 buffed) as long as you stick to trash mobs, I personally swap out some attack speed items for higher crit damage items when I'm done getting 5 stacks and I'm ready to move on to killing trash.

Make sure to dump your fury when you're maxed, and if you anticipate moving through a densely packed crowd, you can dump fury quite aggressively. Taking damage also generates fury, and your life/sec is going to be extremely high when you have rend on so many mobs at once, so don't be afraid to move through danger.
Reply Quote
Keeping wrath is one of those things that will come with experience. You can actually WW/rend with as little 1.18APS (1.43 buffed) as long as you stick to trash mobs, I personally swap out some attack speed items for higher crit damage items when I'm done getting 5 stacks and I'm ready to move on to killing trash.

Make sure to dump your fury when you're maxed, and if you anticipate moving through a densely packed crowd, you can dump fury quite aggressively. Taking damage also generates fury, and your life/sec is going to be extremely high when you have rend on so many mobs at once, so don't be afraid to move through danger.

Thx so much for the tips. I usually go balls out and run straight into mobs and elites. The only thing that kills me which is very rare is multiple hits at once from dark berskers, I can usually take one or two hits just fine but I run a different set of pants for Halls 2 that give me a bit more EHP.

Then there's the occasional stubborn elite pack that spawns tons of plague pools and doesnt want to move out from the center of them and is all by him self which doesnt leave me much to leach life from to stay alive, so when that happens i swap my EF to my main hand run in and fear it out of the pools, swap weps back and then continue to dps. All this time I've always hated the fear proc but for once I finally found a use for it, lol. I also use an SoJ just to get my 5 stacks after that I pretty much skip elites and stick to trash for optimal xp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]