Diablo® III

ETA on Loot 2.0?

So, what's the best estimate on the ETA? My friends list is dropping like flies and this Loot 2.0 may be the only thing that will bring them back . . .
Reply Quote
8 months
Reply Quote
We dont know for sure when it will release (i personally wouldn't be surprised if we see it 2-3 months after new year) but what we know for sure is that we wont see anything new regarding loot 2.0 until blizzcon. Some blue already said months "ago dont expect anything untill after blizzcon".
Reply Quote
I'm assuming Loot 2.0 will come out before the expansion? Either way, it is taking way too long to inject a bit more life into the game.
Reply Quote
Speculation based on blue posts:

Lylirra on twitter RoS Q and A:
Q:Any estimates on release date at this point? I'd assume 2nd-3rd Quarter 2014.
A:@FallenHeavens No release date info to share right now. That's pretty typical, though!

Lylirra:
Additionally, just to make sure there isn't any confusion, we're not looking at releasing our itemization update for PC (a.k.a Loot 2.0) until the pre-expansion patch at the earliest. I know we've communicated that in previous posts, but I feel like it's good to call out again. We don't have a date set for that yet, but we'll be sure to keep everyone as updated as possible in the meantime.
source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793020838?page=3#59

Lylirra:
Someone already asked in a different thread why we couldn't just get the changes that were added to console implemented for PC on their own right now, rather than waiting for Loot 2.0. That's a fair question and does relate to your original concern, so I've quoted it below (because, hey, why not make a long post longer):
Something to keep in mind is that, not only does Loot 2.0 encompass a larger number of changes than those made for the console version, but it's also intended to complement other system updates that will likely have an affect on the item game, things like skill re-balancing, Paragon 2.0, and the addition of features like Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials (which are still in development, too). While we could implement some things here and there in a very piecemeal fashion, in the end it makes more sense--to us, at least (we understand if you might disagree)--that all the components of Loot 2.0 ship together, since they're so closely connected and are ultimately intended to support and build off one another. This does mean more of a wait, which we know isn't the perfect scenario for a lot of players, but it also means that, when Loot 2.0 does ship, it should be a much more fleshed out and complete experience than if various features were implemented on their own.

source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793040962#8

based on this stuff, RoS isn't coming earliest until April (which is the first month of the second quarter of the year) and the loot 2.0 isn't coming until the pre-expansion patch. My guess after November at the earliest and January for the latest.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 09:07 PMPosted by BlindFury
So, what's the best estimate on the ETA? My friends list is dropping like flies and this Loot 2.0 may be the only thing that will bring them back . . .

ETA is anywhere from Nov till the end of time... Or as I can put it as Blizz trademark SOON
Reply Quote
Soon
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Jakkal07
Soon

I hope your not one of those parents who does this. Your kids ask, "Daddy, when is christmas?" Then you say, "Soon". Then they get their hopes up and don't realize that its only March.

That's basically what you just did with your reply. You're saying soon, when the facts obviously show that it'll be released in 2014. Blizzard also said this in many posts. That is far far far from Soon.

This is the definition of "Soon" for your future reference.

soon
adverb: soon; comparative adverb: sooner; superlative adverb: soonest

1. in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; More
early. "it's a pity you have to leave so soon"
synonyms: early, quickly, promptly, speedily, punctually More

2. used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.
synonyms: rather, preferably, by preference, by choice, more willingly, more readily
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 9/9/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how will this fix the loot problems?

lvl 70 gear devalues ALL of your current gear... there is nothing special about the lvl 70 gear besides bigger numbers...

you and your friends will get to lvl 70 and be back where you are now.

they need to introduce NEW types of gear with more INTERESTING effects! like let my toon turn into a were wolf or something
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 10:29 PMPosted by mat82284
Soon

I hope your not one of those parents who does this. Your kids ask, "Daddy, when is christmas?" Then you say, "Soon". Then they get their hopes up and don't realize that its only March.

That's basically what you just did with your reply. You're saying soon, when the facts obviously show that it'll be released in 2014. Blizzard also said this in many posts. That is far far far from Soon.

This is the definition of "Soon" for your future reference.

soon
adverb: soon; comparative adverb: sooner; superlative adverb: soonest

1. in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; More
early. "it's a pity you have to leave so soon"
synonyms: early, quickly, promptly, speedily, punctually More

2. used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.
synonyms: rather, preferably, by preference, by choice, more willingly, more readily

Your post gave me a migraine, essentially, TL: DR. "Soon" is the trademark work widely known Blizzard uses for every time they are asked a time frame for content or patch releases. So it is widely used as more of a smart !@# response when anyone asks because if someone does not do it, blizzard will.

$%^- isnt funny when you have to explain it.
Reply Quote
Might as well give us Loot 1.5 (what console has now) to hold us over til Loot 2.0..this is not fair to PC players at all..pretty much beta tested for console..took ideas we gave them and gave it to console..

MEANWHILE..2 YRS LATER..
Reply Quote
As others have said, no time table set. If I had to guess...you'd be extremely lucky to see it before 2014. From a business standpoint....I'd think they'd want to release this patch a month+ after D3 was released on PS4(not sure why you'd want to remove a selling point from console sales). As for time before expansion...it depends on how confident they feel about it.....if they think it's truly great, I could see them releasing it 2 months before expansion in order to bolster preorders etc, ya know, spread the word a bit....if they are doubtful about it/know it's not enough, then it will probably be a few days at most before expansion in order to give us as little testing time as possible and hope we all rush out to buy the expansion.
Reply Quote
Probably sometime after blizzcon and blizzcon is on November 8th and 9th so sometime after that most likely.
Reply Quote
Loot 2.0 will come out 1-2 weeks before RoS.
Reply Quote
View profile
they released 1.0.8, then like 2 days later (if it was even that long) said "btw, we are working on new loot to scale legendaries, reduce number of items dropped and make every item way better."

how were we supposed to ever fully enjoy 1.0.8 when they drop that kind of information?

my entire time playing this game has been with the mindset that the game may get good one day, and I don't want to be behind so I better keep up my grinding for when that day comes. I've only had a handful of days where I enjoy the game. But still...I feel the need to be prepared for that day when they make this game good :(
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Rot
Might as well give us Loot 1.5 (what console has now) to hold us over til Loot 2.0..this is not fair to PC players at all..pretty much beta tested for console

More and more players are coming to share this view.

There's a lot of bitterness and frustration at the apparent 'bird' Blizz are giving the PC community, probably milking the last drops from the rmah income before they finally give us a decent loot patch.
Reply Quote
My prediction is Feb/Mar 2014.
Reply Quote
my best prediction is 2 months after xbox1 and ps4.
Reply Quote
I hope they bring it before the end of this year atleast. Alot of people will want to try it out before buying RoS and they will need time for that. I know for sure I wont buy RoS without making sure loot 2.0 isnt a big bust.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]