Diablo® III

New to Barb

I was playing a DH. Got him to Paragon 42, after seeing so many barbs with worse gear do better I am thinking of switching. I have a 60 barb but need a hand gearing. I could sell my DH or farm till I can get some Barb gear. I just need advice on gear.
Reply Quote
Rend/WW/sprint barb is what i use it's low cost and can do mp8 effeciently, mp10 if you want to farm keys.

Some builds need IAS like 32% like throw barb AFAIK and gearing them for mp8-10 maybe costly? not sure about it but it depends on what barb you want to play with.
Reply Quote
I mainly used WW, when I leveled it. Was wondering how much it would cost to gear one so that it could do MP5+
Reply Quote
MP5+ will cost you at least 1-2m gold not counting gems. Unless by + you mean mp9/10 in which case 1b would be better.
Reply Quote
My rich friend just hooked me up with 2.5b. Wondering how I should spend that piece by piece to make the best overall gear.
Reply Quote
First, get a crit Mempo - as good as you can get without breaking your bank too much.

Second, if you're going for ww build, get either 2 rare lifesteal weapons, or 1 rare lifesteal weapon and Echoing Fury. You'll be able to run without using Bloodlust as a crutch, and you'll be able to switch it for Tough as Nails for extra armor. For the rest of your gear, get 2 pieces of the IK set... either the chest and the gloves, or the chest and the belt. The belt will give you additional lifesteal. The gloves can give the big 3 stats - attack speed, crit damage, and crit chance. If you go the chest & gloves route, get a Witching Hour for additional attack speed and crit damage. If you go the chest & belt route, get a nice rare glove.
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 9/9/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OK I will look into that. Also I see some using Skorn and others using EF and a rare. Whats the plus and minus of both? I just got a crappy EF and mace that I found on my DH.
Reply Quote
If you decide to go dual wield I could help you gear. It should be done with bids only so hopefully you have patience. Add in game if you want to discuss gear.
Reply Quote
Well, Skorn packs a more powerful punch per hit, but hits slower. A dual-wield build will hit faster than a Skorn, but will not do as much damage per hit. With a Skorn, you'll probably need more attack speed gear to use it effectively in a ww build also.

I use a Skorn mainly because I use a totally different build that uses the damage boost from a Skorn to my advantage, giving me huge crits.
Reply Quote
Well, if you're playing softcore it won't cost much. Just get all str, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed. Forget armor, res all and vit, you don't need them. Who cares if you die? Just yolowind into another group of mobs 5 seconds later with no repercussions!
Reply Quote
Grats on squeezing in a teeming necklace on your budget ;)

lol
Reply Quote
Grats on squeezing in a teeming necklace on your budget ;)

lol

lol! That's the definition of "baby teeming" right there...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]