Diablo® III

Question about transmogrify

90 Orc Hunter
Are we gonna need the gear we want our current gear to look like in our stash or there will be a void storage ? or is there going to be a full list of all items you have acquired at least once, even if you dont have it anymore that you can choose from ?
Reply Quote
I remember reading somewhere that you would need a sample of the gear you want it to look like.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/09/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Keltest
I remember reading somewhere that you would need a sample of the gear you want it to look like.

A link would be greatly appreciated ! ill start making my xmog set right away :)
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Weedy

A link would be greatly appreciated ! ill start making my xmog set right away :)

Unfortunately, I have no idea where I read that, or even if it was directly from a blue. But since its from an artisan, its not an unsafe bet. And even if you don't need it, it will be cool to have the set ready so you know what you want.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/09/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Keltest

Unfortunately, I have no idea where I read that, or even if it was directly from a blue. But since its from an artisan, its not an unsafe bet. And even if you don't need it, it will be cool to have the set ready so you know what you want.

true, thx
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/09/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Weedy
Are we gonna need the gear we want our current gear to look like in our stash or there will be a void storage ? or is there going to be a full list of all items you have acquired at least once, even if you dont have it anymore that you can choose from ?

We know inventory space is precious, so you won't be required to keep the "visual" item in order to use it's appearance. Instead, you'll unlock the item's appearance across all Normal (or Hardcore) characters on the account once you've picked it up. Any item appearance that's been unlocked will be stored in the transmogrification UI.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Grimiku

We know inventory space is precious, so you won't be required to keep the "visual" item in order to use it's appearance. Instead, you'll unlock the item's appearance across all Normal (or Hardcore) characters on the account once you've picked it up. Any item appearance that's been unlocked will be stored in the transmogrification UI.

Is there going to be a preview function so we don't have to blindly remember what name goes with which look?
Reply Quote
I plan on playing self-unlocked and wish to play with other self-unlocked players.
Reply Quote

Yes!
Reply Quote
[quote="98808402711"]
Is there going to be a preview function so we don't have to blindly remember what name goes with which look?

I think it goes without saying...
Reply Quote

That is to say visual for Legendary items are not included?

What's fundamentally different when instead of colour of your gears, you now just allow to change their appearance.

How about checking the statistic on how many dyes are being used after level 60.
Reply Quote
[quote]

you would think, but then people had to fight to get chat channels into Bnet 2.0
Reply Quote

you would think, but then people had to fight to get chat channels into Bnet 2.0
One should not assume anything when it comes to blizzard.

One would think that if WoW players can post on D3 forums, that D3 users might be able to post on WoW forums.. NOPE!
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Keltest
s there going to be a preview function so we don't have to blindly remember what name goes with which look?

It's an obvious given that we will be able to see a visual preview before paying gold for the transmog.
Reply Quote

does this include legendary appearances?

so could one give, say a mempo the appearance of leorics crown or giant skull?

and will legendaries still be dyable. so could one have a black skull for a helmet by transmog + dye?

will we able to transmog shields or weapons? (maybe limited within their type, like you can make a galraki look like an arch axe, but you can't turn a darkblade into a demolisher)
Reply Quote
This is a good design decision. I approve.
Reply Quote
does this include legendary appearances?

so could one give, say a mempo the appearance of leorics crown or giant skull?

and will legendaries still be dyable. so could one have a black skull for a helmet by transmog + dye?

will we able to transmog shields or weapons? (maybe limited within their type, like you can make a galraki look like an arch axe, but you can't turn a darkblade into a demolisher)

Any restrictions and other details such as transmogrifying weapons are still being decided according to JM, so there's no further "solid" information to give right now. Expect to see the the feature in action at Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Now if they could bring that into wow.
Reply Quote
I would have wished that some items/visuals were tied to certain achivemants or quests (ubers come to mind).
It would be awsome if i had some goal to strive to instead of just some points and visuals for the banner
for example you could make uniques have % chance to drop the the visual plans
this reminds me alot of the system call of duty uses for the weapon camo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]