Diablo® III

What's the deal with WD? Op or not..

I recently got back into the game. the consensus back then was that they were the top tier dueler it still seems the same way. what's the official opinion on this god forsaken annoying kiter class?
Reply Quote
Evenly geared/skilled, a WD will always win vs Wizard and DH. They will usually win vs barb (luck is a huge factor in this match... the match is pretty much determined by the crits the barb gets during wotb). Monk is fairly evenly matched vs WD.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Kefka
Evenly geared/skilled, a WD will always win vs Wizard and DH. They will usually win vs barb (luck is a huge factor in this match... the match is pretty much determined by the crits the barb gets during wotb). Monk is fairly evenly matched vs WD.

Pretty accurate, but at the top level, I think Barb beats WD slightly more often than the WD beats the Barb. Of course there is luck involved, but I see Barbs winning more often. WD vs DH is horribly unbalanced unless the WD doesn't use Zombie Dogs or Plague Bats. Without the dogs, the DH can kill the WD just as fast and the match ends in the DH's favor or a double KO (due to lingering damage from bats). Without the bats, the match often stalemates with top DH and top WD as the WD retreats when the dogs are gone while the DH regenerates with sentries and the whole thing starts over again. With both, the DH just has no real chance against a tanky WD; the dogs are just too resilient to Rapid Fire and the bats do enough damage to melt even the tankiest of DH.

I feel bad for Wizards, but I think the gap between DH and WD is bigger than the gap between Wizard and DH; I think WD vs Wizard is pretty bad though. They really need some changes soon.

Monks are just YOLO#BELL#HUEHUEHUE, the question is if they can kill the WD w/o dying to Plague Bats ending in a double KO.
Reply Quote
The WD is , when really top equipped and correctly built, probably the best overall PvP class right now. This does not mean WDs can't be killed. Top Barbs and Monks have at least a decent chance. That doesn't mean barbs and monks are better overall. And average WDs also die to DHs. Probably that's why I did not invest much in my WD: no challenge!
Reply Quote
there is a reason i switched from barb to wd
Reply Quote
Every WD well pretty much most of them really deny any criticism of WD being op and I have to say as a barb its ridiculously annoying to have to use that 2min cd to even stand a chance. I'm def not the best gear'd or best skilled barb but ve pvp in every game ive ever played and the WD to much is just irritating to the point where I just leave games with wd's
Reply Quote
I would say it is a general consensus in the PvP community that the classes are unbalanced.
Reply Quote
It will be interesting to see how the xpac changes the pvp pecking order. I will laugh so hard if wizard becomes the new OP class in RoS.
Reply Quote
Watch as they give Wizards 0 cooldown Teleport capabilities with Arcane Power cost reduction. Telefrag players with 1 frame Teleport spam lol.
Reply Quote
i think alot of it comes down to people that enjoy pvp will probably roll a wd with that said its are passion that makes the wd so op if you know your going to pvp alot why would you pick a wizard, ive dueld tons of people with crappy gear that were really good just depends on your mind set
Reply Quote
I refuse to roll a WD!. I think I share the same mentality with Saltydog on that one (check the name of his WD in profile lol)
Reply Quote
"SpecificallyForPvP"
Reply Quote
10/07/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Iria
I refuse to roll a WD!. I think I share the same mentality with Saltydog on that one (check the name of his WD in profile lol)

I have a WD for pve. Never once took him in the arena though, I refuse to!
Reply Quote
I have a lvl 60 WD, but I use only for PvE. Exactly because they are OP (with good gear, not like mine), I feel motivated to try to defeat them instead of becoming one of them...
Reply Quote
i have a wd lvl 30. or 31 i forget... he not gonna see any more levels ever. not even pve
Reply Quote
I !@#$ing hate WDs.

I can stand Monks and DH, but the WD are crazy powerful.

They have more pets than anyone, and %DOT which is ridiculously powerful, plus spirit walk 2xs in 1 life (if your able to get him to low enough health), and then they can throw haunts across the map.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]