Diablo® III

I am a console junkie

I have a level 28 DH, 29 Bard, and 22 Monk. I feel like the console does a great promoting the item hunt and smart drops make progression fun. I am very excited for the patch to hit pc and hopefully have the same gameplay. All that being said I am planning to put all my wiz gear on the ah now and just roll with a budget set until the patch hits. Also I am not sure if the damage is working on console but I know that weapon damage types like poison and fire add a visual effect to the enemies once slain so I am hopeful that fire based weapons will proc conflag. Ohh the decisions that will be needed once I grind out a useable sns set.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
It seems like elements on weapons do carry over to your spells, not just Spectral Blades now. I've tried it with a cold dagger on my wizard while using Electrocute. Mobs are still snared by the cold effect. It's pretty darn awesome.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
I am a console junkie

Me too.
Reply Quote
Me three.......
I just finished off Rakanoth on hard in Inferno....Itemization is awesome....drops are awesome...Only thing I would love to see changed is density...other than that I love the console version!!!
Edited by Vikesfan353#1980 on 9/8/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yo, Vikes, how do DEs work in co-op? Is it whoever grabs it first or are they pre-assigned to a player?
Reply Quote
I was talking to a buddy at work who plays the PC version. He was at Best Buy this past weekend and although he wasn't there to buy the console version, he noticed they were completely out of stock of BOTH the 360 and PS3 ports of the game. Must be doing pretty well. Have they posted sales numbers?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/09/2013 02:55 PMPosted by ChangBooster
I was talking to a buddy at work who plays the PC version. He was at Best Buy this past weekend and although he wasn't there to buy the console version, he noticed they were completely out of stock of BOTH the 360 and PS3 ports of the game. Must be doing pretty well. Have they posted sales numbers?

Apparently so. Excluding the reserved ones, I managed to pick up the last PS3 one at a GameStop on my way back from work last week. Word for word, the clerk said "you're lucky" because the games are in high demand. Haven't checked XBox, but even my local GameStop is out of PS3 versions. I stopped by Walmart this past Saturday for some errands and noticed they only had two PS3 ones left in stock. Marketing's nuts. There are posters and demos everywhere wherever I go.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/9/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hahaha thats very interesting because it couldn't be more opposite in my corner of the world.

No one is buying a $89 console game that they already have on pc. For the people that don't have it on pc i'm betting that it's not their style of game for a console - there seems to be a really big killzone crowd down in oz i hear.

I'm sure it's selling but i'm always seeing a few copies on the newly released shelf and boxes down below in the pile and although this probably isn't an indication of stock availability it says to me that they are not flying out the door as they have many spare boxes just waiting to fill the gap of a sold game.

Interesting consumer dynamic if you ask me between our hemispheres
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 12:43 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Yo, Vikes, how do DEs work in co-op? Is it whoever grabs it first or are they pre-assigned to a player?

In online coop you all get your own drops....If you are all playing from the same machine it's free for all....(1 set of drops)....
Reply Quote
Yeah I should have specified shared screen co-op. Have you played that mode in inferno?
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 04:41 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Yeah I should have specified shared screen co-op. Have you played that mode in inferno?

No, I haven't played it at all, but my gf's kids were over playing normal mode and it was def just 1 set of drops!!!
Reply Quote
Out of curiousity, does sns build work on consoles? How does twister placement work?
Reply Quote
It seems like elements on weapons do carry over to your spells, not just Spectral Blades now. I've tried it with a cold dagger on my wizard while using Electrocute. Mobs are still snared by the cold effect. It's pretty darn awesome.

About f'n time lol
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Monsta
Out of curiousity, does sns build work on consoles? How does twister placement work?

At this point I can only say I think so....I only have 1.78 aps so far, and I do use it from time to time...Hitting break points w/o an AH is a little harder!!! As for placement, it's a little tough. You can use the lock trigger to make sure you hit the first target, but after that, it's a little tougher....It def works decent in ubers, where you are putting most of your twisters on 1 targets at a time!!
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Vikesfan353

No, I haven't played it at all, but my gf's kids were over playing normal mode and it was def just 1 set of drops!!!

Yeah, sorry, miscommunication on my part. I have actually cleared act 3 normal on my shared screen co-op char. I was asking specifically if anyone knows if DEs are preassigned to a character when they drop when you are doing shared screen co-op and if anyone knows if they are still BOA.
Reply Quote
Notes say all drops are shared for same screen co-op, and yeah all BOA stuff on pc is also BOA on console...
Reply Quote
hmmm...move to the console version then?
Reply Quote
Is there any AH available on the console version (GAH maybe) ?
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Gelador

I don't think so, no.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:03 AMPosted by BDF

I don't think so, no.

Yeah no AH on console at all.

Don't need one. I got a Leoric's Signet with int whilst playing my solo wiz in act 3 normal. I think I wore it for maybe 3 levels until I found a rare ring that blew it away. PSHHHHaaw who needs XP bonus anyway?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]